(1) This Week's 'Pokemon X' and 'Y' News Releases [6/10]

Every little thing revealed is right here: http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/nintendo-direct-reveals-fairy-type-new-pokemon

Noticed that the player comes out of the terrace houses on the gameplay part of the trailer (just when they say the home of your new Pokemon adventure).

Stepping on Helioptile.

Shocker said:
Yveltal seems to be using either Dragon Pulse, or a signature move. Xerneas seems to be using Ice Beam.

If you listen rrreeeeeallly close, the attack Yveltal's using sounds just like Gen 1's Hyper Beam. Hehe.

Lol'd at "The Helioptile you stepped on attacked!"

"Old Pokemon still have their old sound effect cries."
haha WHY THOUGH. pokemon stadium had updated cries; it's not sacrilege to update them. eh, that's the only thing I'm disappointed with, though :v

AuiudYl.png

This is hilarious.

Wow X and Y just got even more awesome! :D

I wonder how the Fairy Type will be used in the TCG now...?

This is so epic I'm running out of tissues...
The bat dragon looks awesome and the bug is meh..just like butterfree and mothim i suppose.
Am I the only one that thinks that fairy wind is basically silver wind/ancientpower?

Frezgle said:
Shocker said:
Yveltal seems to be using either Dragon Pulse, or a signature move. Xerneas seems to be using Ice Beam.

If you listen rrreeeeeallly close, the attack Yveltal's using sounds just like Gen 1's Hyper Beam. Hehe.

I say, it is Hyperbeam.

That's how I expect it to look like.

So far I have liked everything unveiled about X & Y. I haven't felt so strongly about a generation since 2nd generation.

Anyways, looks like the source was right. The two new Pokemon look really cool and I usually don't care for the bug types! :)

TheGuy said:
Pokemon is releasing on a Saturday. What the..?

This means I won't have to crunch for time to pick up my preorder. Hallelujah.

Mitja said:
I say, it is Hyperbeam.

I would be tempted to agree, but... Hyper Beam's been a bright sort of pinkish red the last two generations; I'm not sure why it'd be blue now. Still flipping out about the sound effect choice though; Hyper Beam was my favorite attack in Gen 1 for mainly its sound lol

Wow!!! I can't believe they really introduced a new type!!!
Hmmm... I don't see how marill is fairy-ish!!!
Anyway is the male character named Xavier?
june_p14_04.jpg

Oh and when they showed the lumiose tower in the trailer, there seem to be a gym logo on it!
Vivillon looks so adorable, I hope it will have good stats but I know it's probably gonna be one of those early bug types that sucks!

Godot said:
Finally a bat pokemon worth using (other than Crobat... kinda)

Except it's a wyvern d: Or perhaps it's a dragon bat. A bagon, if you will.
hurr

I have one question: Why are Xerneas' and Yveltal's types still unknown? :|

Frezgle said:
TheGuy said:
Pokemon is releasing on a Saturday. What the..?

This means I won't have to crunch for time to pick up my preorder. Hallelujah.

Mitja said:
I say, it is Hyperbeam.

I would be tempted to agree, but... Hyper Beam's been a bright sort of pinkish red the last two generations; I'm not sure why it'd be blue now. Still flipping out about the sound effect choice though; Hyper Beam was my favorite attack in Gen 1 for mainly its sound lol

http://youtu.be/W87ZAiqQLeM?t=39s

Frezgle said:
Except it's a wyvern d: Or perhaps it's a dragon bat. A bagon, if you will.
hurr

I have one question: Why are Xerneas' and Yveltal's types still unknown? :|

I see what you did there :3

I think Nintendo is milking this as much as they can so if it's up to them they might not reveal their types until a couple more months.

The dragon...bat...thing looks AMAZING.
The butterfly isn't too bad either. Don't hate the design.
And the cell-shading on 'Mence looks pretty sick.

I'm still freaking out about getting Xerneas and Yveltal gameplay videos. I was wondering for the longest time how they would look in game and I'm impressed.

Back