(1) Worlds Updates [8/12]

Gutted. Was hoping we'd get a British winner for once, and we so nearly did... :p

Congratulations to all the winners, though, very well deserved.

Congrats to everyone who played and especially to the winners and the gyarados player,<3 you.

No offense but.. WHY DOES EVERYONE LIKE WORLDS SO MUCH?
In my view though.. the true cool thing the past few days has been quakecon
Like I used to like worlds but..
It should be like a super cool publicised convention rather than just a TCG/Video-Game showodown with autogrph signings.
I know it may be more.. but it still isnt a super cool convention now.. is it?
Like if your a good TCG player than its worth it.... but wasting travel money on going to Grinders?That is just stupid.
Like some idiot next year goes to hawaii from all the way up north and they are like the crappest player ever.

Speedrill? Com'on! I really don't believe this!:p

Gengar/LuxApe obliterate Speedrill. He probable cheated or something! jk

What were the other decks in the age division WPM?

Deck_Master

Beedrill? Seriously. Disappointment.

A_Kun, don't some players who get invites get a free ride there? Or is that just a myth?

Ha! I'm thrilled and surprised that Speedrill actuallly won! No Gengar or Machamp! It's always actual skill that wins, not easy decks like Gengar and/or Machamp(I'm gonna get flamed, big time). It was obvious at least 1 SP deck would win, but I expected Luxape, not just toolbox (with a few tricks in seniors). And were they really toolbox, or legoes variants? Because I'd expect legoes to do well, too.

Apparently Luxape wasnt good (info from a friend), I think his speedrill had a lot of techs to deal with every situation. I need to see that list lol. Go to the gym to see the list :

http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=107213

Here you go

alls i can say is the worlds structure deck for the winner is going to hilarious.for masters.

Now everyone and their dog is going to play Speedrill. I should be impressed that they taught their dogs to play Pokemon, but I'm too miffed at all the Beedrills flying around.

Wait, no 'Champ?

not easy decks like Gengar and/or Machamp(I'm gonna get flamed, big time).
I wouldn't flame you. My deck counters both Gengar (sorta) and Machamp. Machamp because it's Psychic, and Gengar because I have a Body that places damage counters. I use Dusknoir-SF 17.

Speedrill? It isn't that awesome, is it? I've played Speedrill several times and it doesn't really have the setup or sheer power of SP Toolboxes (Weavile and others come to mind) or Gengar/Machamp. I think LuxApe is worse than Speedrill though. (Like I said somewhere else, I can't understand the synergy in it.)
I actually live 80 miles from San Diego and I didn't go because I didn't want to. =P

I'm glad to see Gengar and Machamp didn't win, and I'm really happy to see Toolbox did so well.

DNA said:
I wouldn't flame you. My deck counters both Gengar (sorta) and Machamp. Machamp because it's Psychic, and Gengar because I have a Body that places damage counters. I use Dusknoir-SF 17.

Speedrill? It isn't that awesome, is it? I've played Speedrill several times and it doesn't really have the setup or sheer power of SP Toolboxes (Weavile and others come to mind) or Gengar/Machamp. I think LuxApe is worse than Speedrill though. (Like I said somewhere else, I can't understand the synergy in it.)
I actually live 80 miles from San Diego and I didn't go because I didn't want to. =P

I mean easy to use, not play against. IMO they're both pretty simple & cheap. Gengar can take some skill with the various combos you can use him with, but, still.

Does anyone know if WPM was able to interview Stephen like he was able to interview Jason K. last year?

Did everyone know that the winner of every age group was playing a tech of Luxray GL. That was actually how Speedrill did so well. This means only one thing though. Luxray is going to be the most expensive card in format. (I had to trade an arm and a leg for one.

Raybee's, XD

Anyway, I'm sort of excited for this since last year due to the lack of money I never got around to tournaments except Battle Roads. Now that I have more money, I can start up again and go to Hawaii!

See you in Hawaii :3

Back