(1) Worlds Updates [8/12]

Mew the source of all said:
Luxray is going to be the most expensive card in format. (I had to trade an arm and a leg for one.

Ohmygosh!

I don't understand why lux gl and not something like LA metagross. Sure its harder to set up, but you can use it every turn.

Luxray GL Lv.X is way better than Metagross because
1) It's power doesn't require a coin flip
2) Can attack for 1 energy (with an energy gain)
3) Is a basic so it's easier to setup
4) Can abuse all the SP Trainers
5) Has a much smaller retreat cost (0 compared to what, 2 or 3?)

Lunar Wing said:
Luxray GL Lv.X is way better than Metagross because
1) It's power doesn't require a coin flip
2) Can attack for 1 energy (with an energy gain)
3) Is a basic so it's easier to setup
4) Can abuse all the SP Trainers
5) Has a much smaller retreat cost (0 compared to what, 2 or 3?)

That's what "abuse SP Trainers" means. =P

Lunar Wing said:
That's what "abuse SP Trainers" means. =P

I think I means you have to waste 4-6 slots in your deck for trainers that metagross doesn't need.

I don't see the free retreat cost and the ability to poketurn as an advantage since it doesn't need to be active.

The bad thing about Metagross, is that it has a big retreat cost and it's power is on a flip. While Luxray keeps with the 0-1 retreat cost and drags them up no matter what.

Lunar Wing said:
The bad thing about Metagross, is that it has a big retreat cost and it's power is on a flip. While Luxray keeps with the 0-1 retreat cost and drags them up no matter what.

Except when they power spray. Then you need a poketurn to use it again.

And what if they Power Spray Metagross? Then you need an SSU and a candy/BTS in play. See where I'm going with this? And against SP decks, I would kinf of expect Stephen to have just gone all out Beedrill.

Lunar Wing said:
And what if they Power Spray Metagross? Then you need an SSU and a candy/BTS in play. See where I'm going with this? And against SP decks, I would kinf of expect Stephen to have just gone all out Beedrill.

Um, no. You can use it every turn. Plus they have to spray it before seeing the coin flip. Which means it may be completely wasted.

>.< If you would have wanted to use the Power again for either of them, the least amount of time would be one turn. Metagross also has a huge 3 retreat cost. By using Luxray, you minimize that to 0. Metagross would take 3 energy to attack if need be, while Luxray can take only 1. You would have to waste a Rare Candy on Metagross, while with Luxray you don't. You can use other SPs to abuse Poketurn even more (Crobat G). And once again, you have to flip with Metagross. Why do you think Gengar didn't win a single worlds? Because the entire strategy relied on one crucial flip.

Lunar Wing said:

ARGH Another coin flip lolz.

Yeah, you can use Luxray for KOs throughout the match. Metagross is highly unreliable and should only be used in a Metagross deck or supplement (see Metal Gengar), and even then, it's just a tech.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
ARGH Another coin flip lolz.

Yeah, you can use Luxray for KOs throughout the match. Metagross is highly unreliable and should only be used in a Metagross deck or supplement (see Metal Gengar), and even then, it's just a tech.

dmaster out.

To me it seems the exact opposite. You can use Metagross throughout the match picking your opponent every other turn. Luxray is only good for one KO until you can set it up again.

Uhh...Luxray can actually drag up something EVERY turn, without any luck. Bright Look a Pokemon, Poketurn Luxray GL Lv.X, play down Luxray, kill, start again.

Lunar Wing said:
Uhh...Luxray can actually drag up something EVERY turn, without any luck. Bright Look a Pokemon, Poketurn Luxray GL Lv.X, play down Luxray, kill, start again.

But that includes about four extra cards in your deck that may or may not be useful for anything else. If you replace those four cards with 4 more metagross line, you should be able to get out multiples and bring up something every turn.

amisheskimoninja said:
But that includes about four extra cards in your deck that may or may not be useful for anything else. If you replace those four cards with 4 more metagross line, you should be able to get out multiples and bring up something every turn.

Crobat G? Ever hear of it? :F

And besides, SP Radar, Roseanne's, and any CFF type attack can easily get out Luxray Lv.X arguably faster than Metagross in the right deck. As well as NM to get it back another 2/3 times or whatever.

dmaster out.

just so you know, nex time you flip the coin the outcome dosnt change...so technically if you were gonna flip tails and you power sprayed, next time you used it you'd flip tails. you dont change the odds by not flipping ;)

amisheskimoninja said:
Lunar Wing said:

Um, no. You can use it every turn. Plus they have to spray it before seeing the coin flip. Which means it may be completely wasted.

amisheskimoninja said:

Why are you arguing with a TCG master and some one who is experienced in the TCG with 'Metagross is better than luxray' theory. It may seem good on paper but it isn't. You need to set it up, 2 turns gone, you need that crucial coin flip which may mess up thus wasting another turn, so on so on.

On the other hand Luxray does this automatically, it is fast, it has good matchups with kingdra and palkia, it is fast, you can poketurn, you can attack, did I mention it is fast?

If metagross was any good it would be one of the most expensive cards and we would see it a tech in every deck yet we don't.

kashmaster said:
Why are you arguing with a TCG master and some one who is experienced in the TCG with 'Metagross is better than luxray' theory.

I never said metagross is better than luxray. I just said I wonder why no one uses metagross, and then stated some of its advantages.

amisheskimoninja said:
I don't understand why lux gl and not something like LA metagross.

As far as arguing, I'm just countering stupid points as I see them. Its like my hobby or something.
ProtoDark said:
just so you know, nex time you flip the coin the outcome dosnt change...so technically if you were gonna flip tails and you power sprayed, next time you used it you'd flip tails. you don't change the odds by not flipping ;)

That isn't true. It would be influenced by a number of variables other than just time. Such as your mood at the time influencing the magnitude of your pulse input on the coin, ect.

Also, that wasn't really my point anyway. I was just meaning that power spraying a power that only works half of the time is kinda wasteful.

Back