(1) X/Y Rumor Roundup and Clarifications [6/15]

WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT THOSE WIMPY (and op) FAIRIES ARE GONNA BEAT MY TEAM OF DRAGONS AND DARK TYPES? NOT FAIR. (considering that many of my favs are of those three types) Screw you Nintendo!

Can you clarify whether or not the activation of Mewtwo's two forms are with HELD items, or just using a reusable item on him outside of battle?

OU Pokemon said:
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT THOSE WIMPY (and op) FAIRIES ARE GONNA BEAT MY TEAM OF DRAGONS AND DARK TYPES? NOT FAIR. (considering that many of my favs are of those three types) Screw you Nintendo!

They're just super effective relax, you don't hear people yelling about "Oh noes! farfetch'd is gonna wreck my Breloom!" or "Darn! They sent out Dustox on my Zoroark" It just depends on stat spread. Dragon-types will still have a cup to hold and so will fighting types.

Fairies are waaay more powerful then dragons, it only makes sense. Don't diss the fairies.

...unless you were like refering to Navi, in that case fairies are wimpy.

HypnoticChairman said:
Fairies are waaay more powerful then dragons, it only makes sense. Don't diss the fairies.

...unless you were like refering to Navi, in that case fairies are wimpy.

And now I just imagined Navi kicking Flygon's ass.

zard72 said:
Water Pokémon Master said:
Excuse me?

I think skulblaka was talking to Vinnie. Vinnie said he heard froakie will evolve into a ninja.
Yeah and if he was talking to me he can go . . . eat a banana! I can say what ever i want! that info about froakie being a ninja was also from a source who confirmed the fairy types. I like hearing about and reporting rumors, apparently so does Pokebeach! lol get over it.

lol they all freak out because of Fairy-Type X4 against their beloved Hydreigon and forget that all Pseudo legend Dragon X4 against Ice.

vinnie22 said:
zard72 said:
I think skulblaka was talking to Vinnie. Vinnie said he heard froakie will evolve into a ninja.
Yeah and if he was talking to me he can go . . . eat a banana! I can say what ever i want! that info about froakie being a ninja was also from a source who confirmed the fairy types. I like hearing about and reporting rumors, apparently so does Pokebeach! lol get over it.

Now is it 'a' source or 'the' source.

It's not like fairy type wasn't expected. For some oddball reason everyone but me called it, so someone saying there will be a fairy type is most likely guessing and is not legit unless it's WPM's source or a source who has confirmed other specific XY facts (like sky battles, who would have seen those coming?

You may post whatever you'd like, but please make somewhat smart posts, it makes 'beach life a lot better.

Jandro Rodriguez said:
Mitja said:
"Your rival that is more friendly gives you his/her fully evolved starter Pokemon after you beat the game."

I noticed it said "his/her". Could it be talking about Serena/Calem?

It sounds more like he was unsure whether or not the rival in question was a boy or a girl, being unaware of the game himself considering that he wasn't actually the one who was testing the game. His roommate was or at least that's how I understand it.

ashyboy said:
That immunity to dragons still bugs me and makes no sense but I hope they rethought things....also i did some calculations.....a hydreigon lv 50 with 152 hp is one with 0 ev and iv so I put together a gardevoir lv 50 with 0 iv and ev in spatk and tried and ifhydreigon is weak x4 to fairy that means the base power of fairy wind is 40 and if not 80-90..ofc I put everything in account STAB included.

I for one am excited about Fairy potentially being immune to Dragon...Just adding another type that's super effective to Dragon wouldn't balance out the overpowered Dragon types as much as having a type that's immune to them would...I'm sorry but for the last two generations Dragon types have been WAY overpowering

OU Pokemon said:

screw you genwunner! also btw dark and dragon are 2 types not three :p

(sorry for my english D: ) i like new type) but now i think! GALLADE or GARDEVOIR? AND YES I'll beat my friend's Darkrai *O* I like new game! I want it! and i want my team from bw\ss\dpp in this game :C And 1st reaction to the fairy type was like this:
3gJl0.jpg
3gJkW

UBWICOS said:
lol they all freak out because of Fairy-Type X4 against their beloved Hydreigon and forget that all Pseudo legend Dragon X4 against Ice.

No i hate the fact that 2 of my faves scrafty and pangoro(even though I haven't seen him) will be x4 weak to it...dragons can take care of themselves because they have high stats...and until now all i see threatening is gardevoir and sylveon cuz they have good stats hmm maybe azumaril too cuz of huge power furabebe seems way too cute too harm someone. Overall I dont think there will be that many new fairy types about 30-15 retyped and 15-20 new cuz when dar and steel came alonf they werent that spread at first.

ashyboy said:
UBWICOS said:

No i hate the fact that 2 of my faves scrafty and pangoro(even though I haven't seen him) will be x4 weak to it...dragons can take care of themselves because they have high stats...and until now all i see threatening is gardevoir and sylveon cuz they have good stats hmm maybe azumaril too cuz of huge power furabebe seems way too cute too harm someone. Overall I dont think there will be that many new fairy types about 30-15 retyped and 15-20 new cuz when dar and steel came alonf they werent that spread at first.

Just wait till Flabebe evolves, considering it's based on a female alraune I'm expecting it's pokedex info to be slightly terrifying.

I don't think fairy will have THAT many advanages, but if Fairy is not super effective against fighting, consider yourself lucky that Scrafty is part fighting type because technically it's based on a dragon (Forget the name of what kind, but yeah, pants lizard.) So it would again suffer like Hydreigon if it were part dragon and this was the case.

But Ill probably get used to the new type in time..I kinda like it and i have a theory just hear me out.
Gallade is psychic /fighting and fighting is called hero in Japanese and now gardevoir is psychic/fairy and fairies beat dragons in fairy tales which means gallade is the real world protector and guardian while gardevoir keeps safe the fairy land? But i do like how this new type sorta makes them more opposite and accentuates the fact that they are guardians. ^_^

[/quote]

Just wait till Flabebe evolves, considering it's based on a female alraune I'm expecting it's pokedex info to be slightly terrifying.

[/quote]

Idk why but this little thing reminds me of shaman king in a way( If you watched it) of one called Trey Racer anyway his spirit guardian corey Koropokuru, a tiny spirit people who live in field field of butterbur anyway its a cute little pixie that leaves in a leaf or something so I think they are both based on the same thing but still it bares a big resemblances to me not necessarily in looks as much in concept.

ashyboy said:
But Ill probably get used to the new type in time..I kinda like it and i have a theory just hear me out.
Gallade is psychic /fighting and fighting is called hero in Japanese and now gardevoir is psychic/fairy and fairies beat dragons in fairy tales which means gallade is the real world protector and guardian while gardevoir keeps safe the fairy land? But i do like how this new type sorta makes them more opposite and accentuates the fact that they are guardians. ^_^

[/quote]

Idk why but this little thing reminds me of shaman king in a way( If you watched it) of one called Trey Racer anyway his spirit guardian corey Koropokuru, a tiny spirit people who live in field field of butterbur anyway its a cute little pixie that leaves in a leaf or something so I think they are both based on the same thing but still it bares a big resemblances to me not necessarily in looks as much in concept.
[/quote]

I was slightly remind of the minutions as well but considering it bonds with the flower, chances are it will literally bond with the flower when it evolves, making it an Alraune (It's halo and ears are also a bit of a dead giveaway, aswell as it's lower body being a different colour). Minutions are completely different though because they cover themselves with leaves. Though thinking about it a Pokemon based on that would be really darn cute too.

About the Hydreigon vs Gardevoir thing, maybe the damage from Fairy Wind Varies depending on something? Like Revenge, Return, Grass knot...

There are some more things that I want to point out:
"An evolved form of the recently announced Fletchling, Talonflame is a Fire- and Flying-type Pokémon that gains a whole new level of speed and firepower. It dives at foes, and then attacks with devastating kicks."-notice the last few words does this mean that talonflame could potentially learn either closecombat or superpower by lving up? That be awesome!
"Clauncher is easily recognizable by the oversized claw on one of its arms. This useful claw can seize prey and shoot water at others as a projectile!"-so its a pistol shrimp the first thing that came to mind was....that must mean that its evolution has a CANNON...I surely hope so because that would rock.

Back