(1) X/Y Rumor Roundup and Clarifications [6/15]

Zaqix said:
To clairfy, I was definitely referring to the fact that if Fennekin's final evo is Fire/Psychic, he would be super effective on all the previous Fire/Fighting pokemon...I hadn't thought of the fact that Charizard is as well

what about typhlosion?

Zaqix said:
slashman41 said:
I hope that Froakie turns out to be based on Jiraiya, a ninja from Japanese folklore that could morph into a toad. It would make sense if he's a Fighting type like the leaker claims.

Is this Japanese Folklore "Naruto"?? :p

You may be surprised, but it's actually a valid folktake, and even one that I'd heard of before (and I know almost nothing about Naruto past the first 50 episodes). Just like in Pokémon, many anime/manga/game franchises are fond of pulling things from myths, and Naruto is the same.

TokyoToots said:
Zaqix said:
To clairfy, I was definitely referring to the fact that if Fennekin's final evo is Fire/Psychic, he would be super effective on all the previous Fire/Fighting pokemon...I hadn't thought of the fact that Charizard is as well

what about typhlosion?

Typhlosion isn't Fire/Fighting...

Artemis said:
Zaqix said:
Is this Japanese Folklore "Naruto"?? :p

You may be surprised, but it's actually a valid folktake, and even one that I'd heard of before (and I know almost nothing about Naruto past the first 50 episodes). Just like in Pokémon, many anime/manga/game franchises are fond of pulling things from myths, and Naruto is the same.

I figured as much, I was just making a joke though I hadn't realized that Jiraya in Naruto was based on an actual folklore

Juicer101 said:
Is Pokemon Smash! on tonight?

Smash comes on on Sundays (which means Saturday evenings for people in NA and late Saturday night in Europe. Sooo no, it already went by this week with nothing new. Though they did show Dunsparce and Sableye in Pokemon-Amie :D
Unless you meant a re-run, but either way, nothing new

Brave Vesperia said:
And now I just imagined Navi kicking Flygon's ass.

Oh god the lulz would be everywhere if she were to do that to all dragons (yes, including dragon type Arceus), let's face it Navi is the ultimate troll.

Yoyoman said:
Pokebeach is failing lately so in thier place I will post the newest rumors right here from POKEJUNGLE
New Pokémon “Elvany,” Flying/Fairy, “will be revealed soon.”
“Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions.
Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
“Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.
So, what do you think? a lot of these rumors go in conjunction with rumors posted before E3, with some new info about the newly announced E3 bunch. Although I really don’t think Sableye will get an evolution unless the Eviolite is removed, I could be wrong; Chansey and Dusclops both take advantage of the Eviolite, having an evolution being added in a later generation when originally meant to stop there. Vandal Heart seems like it could be annoying, but depends on how the ability works. Blister Blast seems to be the “dual type” moves we heard of earlier too. I would love to hear what you guys have to say In the comments

This is the pokebeach rumors, not the pokejungle rumors. I understand you want to keep us up to date, but those are most likely false rumors and I am positive WPM wants the pokebeach members to discuss his sources information.

In other news, XY is probably going to be my second favorite gen.

Yoyoman said:
Pokebeach is failing lately so in thier place I will post the newest rumors right here from POKEJUNGLE
New Pokémon “Elvany,” Flying/Fairy, “will be revealed soon.”
“Tame Park” allows you to deposit up to 3 pokemon for one day, and trade PokéTokens to raise EV’s.
Dunsparce, Mawile, Stantler, Sableye will get new evolutions.
Two boys, “Tofune” and “Mika” will challenge the player through out the game; one with long hair, another with spikes and a purple striped shirt. seems to be connected to the plot.
Pangoro does exist, with a punk hairstyle and green fur “gloves.” A new ability that Pangoro has will allow the holder to steal items during battle, called “Vandal Heart,” is also mentioned.
Skrelp evolves into Weedra, with it’s type not changing(Poison/Water), and learns the moves belch and signal beam.
Clauncher evolves twice, and into a Water/Electric type, with a new move “Blister Blast,” a water type move that is super effective to flying types as well as fire, rock, and ground.
“Kale” is the second gym leader, with blond hair and a “androgyne style.” Uses fairy types and the aforementioned Elvany.
So, what do you think? a lot of these rumors go in conjunction with rumors posted before E3, with some new info about the newly announced E3 bunch. Although I really don’t think Sableye will get an evolution unless the Eviolite is removed, I could be wrong; Chansey and Dusclops both take advantage of the Eviolite, having an evolution being added in a later generation when originally meant to stop there. Vandal Heart seems like it could be annoying, but depends on how the ability works. Blister Blast seems to be the “dual type” moves we heard of earlier too. I would love to hear what you guys have to say In the comments

First of all, I didn't even enjoy reading these rumours and secondly you have as much credit posting those anywhere as I do if I were to come up with some facts based on earlier leaks and say they were rumours.

*Hey, did you guys know that the second gym leader will have a Sylveon? Must be true because it matches with what the source said earlier being a fairy type and all* ~Sarcasm.

But seriously, after everything you don't have to feel the need to slam Pokebeach AND share some crappy rumours.

Thanks and don't talk to me.

Guys while I was replaying like the 100th time platinum I just realized while taking down Fantina that she is french so I'm kinda wondering if she might appear in the kalos region.what do you think? I'd really enjoy seeing her and its definitely not the first time we see a gym leader from a previous generation return(for example Jasmine).

Probably not because she isn't French in the Japanese version. Her Japanese name is Melissa and I think she's supposed to be American like Lt. Surge.

Frost said:
Probably not because she isn't French in the Japanese version. Her Japanese name is Melissa and I think she's supposed to be American like Lt. Surge.

I don't think she is French in Pokemon World Tournament in Pokemon Black and White 2 either.

I am doubtful that Fantina will appear in the Kalos region. She's not French, but just has an accent. In the Japanese and French versions of the games, she speaks in English.

Back