(1) X/Y Rumor Roundup and Clarifications [6/15]

closecombat/superpower both suck imo; yeah they can hurt stuff but you get hurt too [via stats]. Seems to be +atk +spd so the sp/def will likely be a tad low, thus needing every def stat it has. Not a fan of brave bird either, though the animation was amazing. Honestly i hope it can learn Blaze Kick [awesome phys fire atk with no drawback]. Maybe they'll have some new phys flying moves too [only decent ones atm are Fly [who uses that save for travel?] and Brave Bird. Aerial Ace is ok thanks to no-miss but power-wise its meh].

[Note this post contains but is not solely opinion]

Am I the only one that noticed Touch Menus are back?
3JfDzWC.jpg

TheAmazingDerpfish said:
Am I the only one that noticed Touch Menus are back?
3JfDzWC.jpg

But that's while looking at your friend catalogue. I think it's not enough to assume that's what it will always look like at the bottom. I would prefer at least the option to turn it off.

i also see this coming when you fly with the hm you know, you fly trough the sky and then there is a chance you need to do a sky battle with a wild pokemon .
what do you guys think about that?

pokesaurus1 said:
i also see this coming when you fly with the hm you know, you fly trough the sky and then there is a chance you need to do a sky battle with a wild pokemon .

Sounds awesome! but some people might be using their flying type Pokemon as an hm slave and don't want to battle with it, you know what I think, maybe they will get rid of fly all togehter, hmmmm, thats not very likely lol.

Here is what I think about the evil team! There will be two evil teams! they will both be trying to capture mew-two, mew-two will have two forms, the one we saw and another one. One team will try to transform him into one form for their own ambitions and the other team will try to get the other form we don't know about. OR there will be one evil team and in Pokemon X they will try to get one form and in Y the same team will try to get the second form we haven't seen yet. OR there will just be one new mew-two form(the one we saw) and the evil team will just be trying to get that form of mew-two so they can take over the kalos region. I believe the new form of mew-two is a psychic/fairy type, which makes sense given it's elf like appearance. Also, though it's extremely unlikely, the new evil team could TEAM ROCKET AGAIN! Since mew-two is from the first generation, maybe thats a hint that team rocket has returned! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I'm expecting at least Inkay and Malimar to be revealed next month because of how different their evolution method is from the norm and wouldn't GF want to showcase that?

ashyboy said:
That immunity to dragons still bugs me and makes no sense but I hope they rethought things....also i did some calculations.....a hydreigon lv 50 with 152 hp is one with 0 ev and iv so I put together a gardevoir lv 50 with 0 iv and ev in spatk and tried and ifhydreigon is weak x4 to fairy that means the base power of fairy wind is 40 and if not 80-90..ofc I put everything in account STAB included.
I was very confused about all of that myself...
And serebii says that Fairy Wind does "severe damage". Ha.

Sylveon has 95 base hp....this reminds me of Umbreon who is the only eeveelution with that amount of hp...interesting could we be looking at a new potential wall? Since most eeveelutions follow the same pattern..but it could be different at least we know its hp.

vinnie22 said:
pokesaurus1 said:

Sounds awesome! but some people might be using their flying type Pokemon as an hm slave and don't want to battle with it, you know what I think, maybe they will get rid of fly all togehter, hmmmm, thats not very likely lol.

Here is what I think about the evil team! There will be two evil teams! they will both be trying to capture mew-two, mew-two will have two forms, the one we saw and another one. One team will try to transform him into one form for their own ambitions and the other team will try to get the other form we don't know about. OR there will be one evil team and in Pokemon X they will try to get one form and in Y the same team will try to get the second form we haven't seen yet. OR there will just be one new mew-two form(the one we saw) and the evil team will just be trying to get that form of mew-two so they can take over the kalos region. I believe the new form of mew-two is a psychic/fairy type, which makes sense given it's elf like appearance. Also, though it's extremely unlikely, the new evil team could TEAM ROCKET AGAIN! Since mew-two is from the first generation, maybe thats a hint that team rocket has returned! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

No... just no.

I wouldn't mind Rocket making a cameo appearence, but if Rocket is the evil team, then they would be the evil team for 3 generations now. That's uncreativity to a whole new level. C'mon man.

Wait a sec I just realized that the possibility of fletching being part of a 2 staged evolutionary family is impossible since on the official site of pokemon they show vivillon at the evolution family section which means that the fletching line is incomplete however judging by the mark on its tail I think that talonflame is the third forme.

All the confirmed information is enough evidence for me to think he knows what he's talking about. A Fire/Psychic starter, that is AWESOME!! Finally, another typing, and a really nice one too. I wonder what the design will be like. I'm really curious about the design of all final forms of the starter Pokémon. I'm not sure what to think of the evolution methods. Holding the 3DS upside-down? That's a bit strange in my opinion, but still, the game in general looks great!

Drohn said:
All the confirmed information is enough evidence for me to think he knows what he's talking about. A Fire/Psychic starter, that is AWESOME!! Finally, another typing, and a really nice one too. I wonder what the design will be like. I'm really curious about the design of all final forms of the starter Pokémon. I'm not sure what to think of the evolution methods. Holding the 3DS upside-down? That's a bit strange in my opinion, but still, the game in general looks great!

You know what else would be funny about Fennekin's final form being Fire/Psychic? Not only would he breaking the cycle of Fire/Fighting, he'd also be super effective on all of them, coincidence? lol

Zaqix said:
Drohn said:

You know what else would be funny about Fennekin's final form being Fire/Psychic? Not only would he breaking the cycle of Fire/Fighting, he'd also be super effective on all of them, coincidence? lol

That's what I was thinking, both Charizard and Fennekin's evolution(s) will have secondary types that are super effective against all Fire/Fighting starter evolutionary lines.

Drohn said:
Zaqix said:

That's what I was thinking, both Charizard and Fennekin's evolution(s) will have secondary types that are super effective against all Fire/Fighting starter evolutionary lines.

Down with the Fire/Fighting!

Drohn said:
Zaqix said:

Typhlosion is a loner...

I don't understand why they are choosing to make Froakie's final evolution a Water/Fighting. Poliwrath is a frog that is Fighting/Water....

Thief said:
Jandro Rodriguez said:
I noticed it said "his/her". Could it be talking about Serena/Calem?

It sounds more like he was unsure whether or not the rival in question was a boy or a girl, being unaware of the game himself considering that he wasn't actually the one who was testing the game. His roommate was or at least that's how I understand it.

But still, he has a good thought.

Yes, Poliwrath is a Water/Fighting "frog" but out of all 649 Pokemon before this gen, there have only been two Water/Fighting types...That's 0.3%

Juicer101 said:
I don't understand why they are choosing to make Froakie's final evolution a Water/Fighting. Poliwrath is a frog that is Fighting/Water....

That's true, but the design is very different, and the stat distribution and their move sets can differentiate a lot too. There are many Pokémon based on the same or similar animals, but I don't really mind, it means we have plenty to choose from!

I'm not that let down by the Froakie's Water/ Fighting type, Yeah poliwrath has it but fighting isn't just flexing your muscles, they could easily find a way to make them look different enough. I'm choosing froakie for now unless I really like the final evo of one of the other 2 starters.

Reggie McGigas said:
vinnie22 said:
pokesaurus1 said:

i agree, i'd much rather the masked evil team from the manga

No... just no.

I wouldn't mind Rocket making a cameo appearence, but if Rocket is the evil team, then they would be the evil team for 3 generations now. That's uncreativity to a whole new level. C'mon man.

Back