(2) August CoroCoro Scans, Basurao Revealed from 'Black' and 'White' Demos [7/8]

Firemaker said:
Okay, it isn't a beak.
corocoro-4.jpg

370Luvdisc.png

However, do these look similar at all? They may be water type and are hearts, but they aren't related much at all.

Well, they definitely share more traits than Gloom and Bellossom, or Dragonair and Dragonite, or Remoraid and Octillery, etc... You get my point.

Firemaker said:
Okay, it isn't a beak.
corocoro-4.jpg

370Luvdisc.png

However, do these look similar at all? They may be water type and are hearts, but they aren't related much at all.

Actually they look much more similar than 90% of the current roster's evolutions. The only ones I can really think of that look more similar are Voltorb/Electrode and Diglett/Dugtrio.

If you think of it as a separate new pokemon, then you have truly given up on GameFreak's creativity. They would have no reason to make a new pokemon that looks that similar to an old one. The only time they have introduced a new pokemon that looked that similar to an old one was Plusle/minun - Pikachu, however they fill the electric rodent slot which every game in the series seems to have.

Firemaker said:
Okay, it isn't a beak.
corocoro-4.jpg

370Luvdisc.png

Thanks for posting that, I was too busy typing to bother with a comparison pic. But yeah, even LOOKING at them they don't even look remotely similar.

Of course, that opens up the argument of "pokemon look different when they evolve". It's impossible to win with anyone basing it on the appearance, because the arguments go something like this:

Luvdisc debunker: I highly doubt it's a Luvdisc evo since they said 5th gen only
Luvdisc supporter: "OH OF COURSE IT'S A LUVDISC EVO JUST LOOK AT IT!"
Luvdisc debunker: *looks* It honestly looks nothing like Luvdisc
Luvdisc supporter: "POKEMON CHANGE WHEN THEY EVOLVE! APPEARANCE DOSEN'T MATTER!"
Luvdisc debunker: But you just said it's a Luvdisc evo purely BECAUSE of it's appearance...

and so on...

Look, at the end of the day, we'll know for sure whether or not it's a Luvdisc evo in a matter of weeks. You'll have to agree to disagree for now. There's valid points for and against it being a Luvdisc evo. Nobody's gonna be right until we get official confirmation one way or another.

Also: Where are the other scans?? :(

Firemaker said:
If Mamanbou and Luvdisc are related, than are Emonga and Pachirisu related?

Referring to Emonga/Pachirisu....The only thing they share are similar eyes, generic colored circles on their cheeks and electric typing. Their entire body plan's are different.

Its a completely different story with Luvdisc and Mamambou. How can you people say they don't look similar? What features are you looking at exactly? The flippers/fins? Give Luvdisc flippers and feminine eyes and it looks just like it.

biscuitvega said:
so is the green monkey real or not
im talking about the toy
I'm going to hope it is fake. It didn't look that great. Ultimately, it is unconfirmed.
They only thing they share are similar eyes, generic colored circles on their cheeks and electric typing. Their entire body plan's are different.

Its a completely different story with Luvdisc and Mamambou.
I hope this is sarcasm.

biscuitvega said:
so is the green monkey real or not
im talking about the toy
Sorry, I'm a Fire type. Go ask someone who's a Psychic...

Tarazuma said:
Luvdisc debunker: I highly doubt it's a Luvdisc evo since they said 5th gen only
Luvdisc supporter: "POKEMON CHANGE WHEN THEY EVOLVE! APPEARANCE DOSEN'T MATTER!"
Luvdisc debunker: But you just said it's a Luvdisc evo purely BECAUSE of it's appearance...
This is so brilliant.

oakbark said:
Look, at the end of the day, we'll know for sure whether or not it's a Luvdisc evo in a matter of weeks. You'll have to agree to disagree for now. There's valid points for and against it being a Luvdisc evo. Nobody's gonna be right until we get official confirmation one way or another.

Also: Where are the other scans?? :(

this..to both points

Firemaker said:
I'm going to hope it is fake. It didn't look that great. Ultimately, it is unconfirmed.
They only thing they share are similar eyes, generic colored circles on their cheeks and electric typing. Their entire body plan's are different.

Its a completely different story with Luvdisc and Mamambou.
I hope this is sarcasm.

No it is not sarcasm at all. Pachirisu and Emonga share nothing but the traits I listed above.

It seems to me that the scan leaks are being spaced out, we got a couple yesterday, now we have a few more today, i am getting impatient.

Tarazuma said:
Thanks for posting that, I was too busy typing to bother with a comparison pic. But yeah, even LOOKING at them they don't even look remotely similar.

Really? Not even remotely?

Weyard said:
I hope this is sarcasm.

No it is not sarcasm at all. Pachirisu and Emonga share nothing but the traits I listed above.
[/quote]
emonga.gif

417Pachirisu.png

They're both electric squirrels! They even have colored cheeks!

Zalman said:
Sorry, I'm a Fire type. Go ask someone who's a Psychic...

Tarazuma said:
This is so brilliant.

How is it brilliant when that's not even the supporter's argument? Our arguement is that it looks JUST LIKE IT. When Pokemon evolve they change slightly, some change to an extreme degree. In this case, Luvdisc changes VERY SLIGHTLY. It gains fins to be more correct. THAT IS ALL. Some of you are acting like they look NOTHING alike. I really don't see all of these differences that some of you are pretending to see.

They're both electric squirrels! They even have colored cheeks!

One is a ground squirrel, one is a flying squirrel.

EVERY ELECTRIC RODENT HAS COLORED CHEEKS. CMON. Look at Pikachu and Plusle/minun.

When I first saw Mamambou I was sure it was Luvdisc evolution... but now that it's artwork was revelead I'm not so sure about this... Also Luvdisc doesn't have the abilities of Mamambou (of course Healing Heart is new, but Hydration is from generation 4, but Luvdisc doesn't have it)... So they might be unrelated

Moguryuu is really cute, I can't wait to see its evolution

But is disappointing to see that no new pokémon was in the scans (all the pokémon we see leaked before, nothing really new) I hope for more scans!!!

Back