(2) Dragon-type Symbol Revealed, Raikou EX from 'Dark Rush' [12/9]

LostSalamence said:
Or, for that matter, it could have been released when EX Dragon Frontiers was released.

Oh yeah that too. Forgot about that set but yeah they have had many chances to do this so why now and why not earlier? I guess it is better late than never though but it is sure late in the TCG in my opinion XD.:)

TacoTurtle said:
Hmm, never thought of that. While that would be extremely cool, I doubt it will happen. In my opinion, there are two reasons that Dragon was chosen to be the new type.

1: Dragon types have always had a sort of mystique about them in the Pokemon world. They are one of the rarest types, they are often seen as being rare/very powerful. They also seem to be a favorite type among a lot of fans, due to these facts. That could be reason why they are giving Dragon types recognition.

2: Dragon types, in addition to Ice, are weak to other Dragon type moves. This to me seems like the main reason why Dragon was chosen; they can be introduced into the game with weakness against other new dragon types, and therefor not interfere with weaknesses and type advantages of already existing types. For example, we know that Haxorus and Druddigon will both be featured as Dragon types in Dragon Selection. As no ice types exist in the TCG, the only thing that they can be weak ton is Dragons. Thus, a Haxorus player and. A Druddigon player can hit each other for weakness, and have no weakness/resistance ties to any other type.

Based on the second reason, I would say that they would that dragon will be the only new type we will get. Any other type (ice, bug, etc.) would have weaknesses to/be super effective against already existing types, screwing up the entire weakness system.
Anyway, those are my thoughts. It would be cool to see every type put into the TCG, though!

Also worth noting is that more types leads to more general confusion. People will constantly be mixing up their similarly-colored Pokemon and Energy if any more types are added.

They could still fit in an orange type with little difficulty. But after that, yeah, they're kind of out of basic colors unless they want a pink type.

There are currently only 29 Dragon Types, so this set may feature all of them. It is more likely that there will be Dragon-types appearing in the next few sets, and many cards in this set won't be Dragons. This is a mini-set, so there won't be many cards. Even as a mini-set, though, there will likely be more than 29 cards, so will all Dragon-types be in the set, plus more?

Zekrom Black said:
There are currently only 29 Dragon Types, so this set may feature all of them. It is more likely that there will be Dragon-types appearing in the next few sets, and many cards in this set won't be Dragons. This is a mini-set, so there won't be many cards. Even as a mini-set, though, there will likely be more than 29 cards, so will all Dragon-types be in the set, plus more?

The set is confirmed to be something like 50 cards (45-50ish range, I think) and I doubt that we will get EVERY Dragon type. Stuff like Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina probably won't be featured because they were never featured as a colorless dragon before. They all have a different "dominant" type, with dragon being secondary. Kingdra might be in it, but I can't really tell.

Actually, as I was typing this I realized Dialga, Palkia and the like could be in the set as non-dragon types. Hhmm....

I don't know what to expect, but I know it will be AWESOME!

Zekrom Black said:

If you think about it that is 20% of the Pokemon available of the 493 Pokemon not counting the 5th generation because I don't know how many are in 5th generation. That is a huge dent on one type. Dragons are 2nd best in the line of Fire and Ice Types and also Rock Types too. These 4 types are the more effective types to use. The reason is because they do more damage to the other types than all the others do combined. Dragon and Fire type Pokemon are a fan favorite among most plays. There are some that like the other types but Dragon and Fire will come first among most players. They are also used more too.:)

xxashxx said:
If you think about it that is 20% of the Pokemon available of the 493 Pokemon not counting the 5th generation because I don't know how many are in 5th generation. That is a huge dent on one type. Dragons are 2nd best in the line of Fire and Ice Types and also Rock Types too. These 4 types are the more effective types to use. The reason is because they do more damage to the other types than all the others do combined. Dragon and Fire type Pokemon are a fan favorite among most plays. There are some that like the other types but Dragon and Fire will come first among most players. They are also used more too.:)
Wrong. It's 29 Dragons for all five generations. That's not even 5% of the total population.

All the more reason to have a Dragon-typed Eeveelution.

TacoTurtle said:
The set is confirmed to be something like 50 cards (45-50ish range, I think) and I doubt that we will get EVERY Dragon type. Stuff like Reshiram, Zekrom, Dialga, Palkia and Giratina probably won't be featured because they were never featured as a colorless dragon before. They all have a different "dominant" type, with dragon being secondary. Kingdra might be in it, but I can't really tell.

Actually, as I was typing this I realized Dialga, Palkia and the like could be in the set as non-dragon types. Hhmm....

I don't know what to expect, but I know it will be AWESOME!
Zekrom Reshiram, and Kyurem actualy are mainly Dragon-types, with their second types being Fire, Lightning, and Ice. I think the legendary Dragon-types will be featured in different sets. Mayebe Kyurem, Zekrom, and Reshiram will be promos or something?

Zyflair said:
Wrong. It's 29 Dragons for all five generations. That's not even 5% of the total population.

ABSOLUTELY!!

So will the US set only be 50 cards as well? And all foil??

They will probably combine Dragon Selection with Dark Rush in English. Or the side decks Japan has gotten in the last couple of months, whichever.

Ty_Sylicus said:
ABSOLUTELY!!

So will the US set only be 50 cards as well? And all foil??

The US set will just combine cards with Dragon Rush to make a larger and complete set. Mayebe Dark Rush? If not, mayeb Dragon Rush will be combined with the cards fromthe next set after to feature Dragon-types. It's hard to say now, but I doubt that all cards will be holo here in North America. It would be funny if all cards (including tiny dragons like Axew and Dieno) would be rares in Japan because holos are so far the only cards known as "rare" in Japanese. I can just imagine the look on a Japanese kid's face after he buys a booster box (if all cards would be rare):
Japanese kid: What? a whole booster box and no rare Pokemon?
Japanese kid's friend: All of the cards are rare. They are all holo. Look. *shows the japanese kid how all cards are holo*
Japanese kid: What? This is stupid! :mad:

I can't wait to see the Holofoil cards. It would be so cool if they continue with the Symbol Holfoil's, also I can't wait to see the Full arts.

Zyflair said:

I thought I would be wrong because I am not familiar with all the Dragon types in 5th gen outside of Axew and the 2 legendary Dragons Reshiram and Zekrom. Other than those 3 Dragons I am not sure what the others are XD.:)

Gen 5's Dragons:
Axew/Fraxure/Haxorus
Druddigon
Deino/Zweilous/Hydreigon
Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem

Zekrom Black said:
The US set will just combine cards with Dragon Rush to make a larger and complete set. Mayebe Dark Rush? If not, mayeb Dragon Rush will be combined with the cards fromthe next set after to feature Dragon-types. It's hard to say now, but I doubt that all cards will be holo here in North America. It would be funny if all cards (including tiny dragons like Axew and Dieno) would be rares in Japan because holos are so far the only cards known as "rare" in Japanese. I can just imagine the look on a Japanese kid's face after he buys a booster box (if all cards would be rare):
Japanese kid: What? a whole booster box and no rare Pokemon?
Japanese kid's friend: All of the cards are rare. They are all holo. Look. *shows the japanese kid how all cards are holo*
Japanese kid: What? This is stupid! :mad:
LOL! Yeah, you're right. The TPC has been combining sets to make English set around 100 cards, so this'll be no different.

Ophie said:
Does that mean Altaria will be in this set? Altaria is adorable.

I can tell you for sure yes as Altaria IS a Dragon Type. He evolves from a Flying Types so chances are high that he will be in this set since his 2nd stage is a full blown Dragon Type. Expect Kingdra and all Dragon Type legends and Dragonite to be in the set too. However I am questioning Charizard because he know Fire and Dragon Type moves and he looks like a Dragon but is not officially a Dragon Type. He has a move Pool like Flygon's in a way but not sure if he will be in the set.:)

I think people should be wary about assuming that Dragon Selection is going to have a ton of Dragons much less every single Dragon ever. I mean it's a bit of a different case since they're introducing a whole new type, but aren't a ton of people raging over Dark Rush's lack of Dark Pokemon? Yeah... don't take anything for granted from the TCG basically.

xxashxx said:
I can tell you for sure yes as Altaria IS a Dragon Type. He evolves from a Flying Types so chances are high that he will be in this set since his 2nd stage is a full blown Dragon Type. Expect Kingdra and all Dragon Type legends and Dragonite to be in the set too. However I am questioning Charizard because he know Fire and Dragon Type moves and he looks like a Dragon but is not officially a Dragon Type. He has a move Pool like Flygon's in a way but not sure if he will be in the set.:)

I'm expecting Charizard to come in BW5 with Torterra and Swampert like how Dark Rush had Venusaur/Blaziken/Empoleon.

I wouldn't put it past them to put non-Dragon types in here though. They still have like 400 Pokemon left to put into BW set so Charizard COULD be in this set.

Back