(2) Official Arceus Images, Shaymin U.S. Airing / Review [2/13]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Sky Warrior movie was alright but the Rise of Darkrai was so much better. To me, the movie seemed kind of short and most of the movie to me was a lot of downtime. I did enjoy the story behind the reverse world though; it makes me excited to play Platnium. I totally did not expect Shaymin's normal forme to be so rude... it makes me like the sky forme much better, lol. :p

Hm... Well, I'll start with the Arceus images first. YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Thank you so much, WPM, for bringing those to us! It means so much to me! :)

Now, about the movie:

I literally cried a little during the intro when they're getting to the title (the one with all of the amazing animations in the Japanese version) - they tore it to crud in the English version, and I really hate them for that. :/
Gracidea is pronounced like Quesadilla, what the crud? The flowers sound like they come with yellow rice and black beans, for goodness sake.
I didn't like Land Forme's voice at first, but I got used to it. Could have been better.
Sky Forme's voice was okay, but nothing amazing.
Newton's voice was also okay, but nothing amazing.
Zero's voice was great, except for his laughs - I couldn't tell from the 5x Fast Forward oh-my-gosh-we're-Cartoon-Network-and-don't-care-about-all-the-effort-put-into-the-credits'-animation-let's-make-it-tiny credits, but I think Zero's voice actor was the same actor that did L Lawliet (sp?) from Death Note. At least that's just what I thought.
Them taking out death mentions from the film is just lame. Honestly, like WPM said, it's just another part of life, and the best part is, Giratina didn't die.

Well, this movie wasn't as good as I'd thought it would be, but nevertheless I still think it was a decent one. Probably the most funniest movie to date: "It's going to eat me!" xD

I missed the entire first half, so I can't say a too much about the movie. Guess I'll have to wait until April to watch the first half....

This movie was great! Although I liked the rise of darkrai better.[I missed the entire first half, so I can't say a too much about the movie.
I missed the entire first half, so I can't say a too much about the movie. Guess I'll have to wait until April to watch the first half....

Just watch it tommorow!

RE: (1) Shaymin U.S. Airing / Review [2/13]

ssman0017 said:
Ugg I hate Ash, he gives away Pokemon and he does NOT even try to catch any good ones. At the end when Ash said some thing to the effect of "I wish you didn't have to go" I would have just thrown a poke ball at it. Also when Giratina was dying, hello catch it then have Shyaman save it. Man Ash mad me off. But the movie was great, I can't wait to buy it. Then I will have my two favorites from this generation Darkri and Girantina.

Haha, yeah, that can get annoying, but in the anime, legendary Pokemon are like gods and capturing them would upset the balance of nature...much like in Pokemon 2000. Plus, if Ash had caught Giratina, then Pikachu would probably get the boot and we'd never see it battle again.

The Arceus images are fantastic, WPM! Arceus is as pretty and majestic-looking as I thought he'd be. I like the Sugimori artwork better now that I see it in better quality.

The funniest part of the movie was the opening:

---
Unknown Trainer switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire).
Ash's Pikachu used Thunderbolt.
Electivire's Motor Drive increased its speed!
---

Kevin Garrett said:
The funniest part of the movie was the opening:

---
Unknown Trainer switched in Electivire (lvl 100 Electivire).
Ash's Pikachu used Thunderbolt.
Electivire's Motor Drive increased its speed!
---

xD Exactly. I think Game Freak purposely puts those kinds of battle mess ups in there to give a laugh to competitive battlers. (Or, at least, I'm hoping they're not dumb enough to not spend time and think those things through.)

No, they don't really recognize competitive battlers. It could be one of two messages - (1) Anything can happen if you put your mind to it!! or (2) It's okay to make mistakes.

Kevin Garrett said:
No, they don't really recognize competitive battlers. It could be one of two messages - (1) Anything can happen if you put your mind to it!! or (2) It's okay to make mistakes.

xDD Nice - that sounds more accurate.
---
About the Arceus art:

I can't believe the mandala isn't round, but more jagged. It gives it a more ancient look, but it's also looking a little clunky.

About the movie, does anyone know if Jakks will be releasing any toys based off of these 'newly revealed' characters, mostly Regigigas, kinda how the Darkrai fig showed up a bit after movie 10...?

~Rukario~ said:
About the movie, does anyone know if Jakks will be releasing any toys based off of these 'newly revealed' characters, mostly Regigigas, kinda how the Darkrai fig showed up a bit after movie 10...?

Yes, I'm positive we'll see Jakks releasing toys of the Pokémon seen in Giratina and the Sky Warrior, especially with Pokémon USA announcing that the Pokémon franchise will have an expanded presence at Toys 'R' Us stores.

Xous said:
~Rukario~ said:

Yes, I'm positive we'll see Jakks releasing toys of the Pokémon seen in Giratina and the Sky Warrior, especially with Pokémon USA announcing that the Pokémon franchise will have an expanded presence at Toys 'R' Us stores.

Yea, I'm excited about the new Tomys =)

The movie wasn't what I expected, but it was still pretty good. I, oddly enough, feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I'd watched it in Japanese, on Youtube, with subtitles. The parts where Shaymin was bratty provided wonderful comic relief. And the credits really were fast forwarding!! Xous, I thought you were joking!

Musical said:
The movie wasn't what I expected, but it was still pretty good. I, oddly enough, feel like I would have enjoyed it more if I'd watched it in Japanese, on Youtube, with subtitles. The parts where Shaymin was bratty provided wonderful comic relief. And the credits really were fast forwarding!! Xous, I thought you were joking!

xD I wish I was. They really don't care about how much work was put into the film, and they'd rather spend time showing the same old commercials than give credit to the people that worked on the film. So, they fast forward, and then expect people to be okay with it. xP

Xous said:
xD I wish I was. They really don't care about how much work was put into the film, and they'd rather spend time showing the same old commercials than give credit to the people that worked on the film. So, they fast forward, and then expect people to be okay with it. xP

Too true. The people who worked the most are ignored. I remember how, in a book I read once, the main character's Grandmother always made her stay to watch the credits at the movies, to give the people the credit they deserved. *Sigh* Well, even though uncredited, they did a good job. I really enjoyed the animation.

Xous said:

Welcome to corporate America. NEEDS MORE ADS!!! :p

Seriously, though, I hate it when TV stations cut the credits for commercials. Not only does it prevent the people who put so much effort towards the movie from getting any recognition, but it also means I have to deal with even more obnoxious ads (Cartoon Network, being aimed at kids, tends to have particularly annoying ads) . :(

Yeah. LET'S GO BLAME CORPRATE AMERICA! :eek: They really shouldn't of cut off the credits.

Hmm... the one thing about the movie just made me really go "What the?!?" was Regi. He came out of no where! :eek: It was still cool to see him but....

I agree with you two (Musical and Mr. Meep) - they really should give them credit. I'm surprised they're even granted permission to do that. PUSA or at least the Japan branch would be ticked, I'd think. :/

>:O Whenever I watched the movie, I was like, "Hey, The credits are tiny and fast!" That really sucked, because I liked to watch the credits on Pokemon Movies; the cartoon at the end is always good. BTW, at the beginning of the movie when they went to the Pokemon Center, Brock was wearing glasses. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back