(2) "Platinum" Booster Pack Images and Set Logo, More "Bonds to the End of Time" Cards [12/18]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, those packs look awesome. I might just get a few when they come out.

I'll probably get the theme decks, as well. :3

Ha ha... "Never-before-seen Pokémon: Shaymin". What a joke. xD

I felt like I was going to burst when I saw that Floatzel X. :)

The booster images look awesome, like no other DP pack I've seen before. That's cool that we could see some of the future US cards on a Japanese commercial. It's like a sneak peek or something. I wonder what X cards are going to be in the U.S.A set of Platnium. Some of the Japanese sets aren't always the same as the English sets. This is exciting- a new set with a new game. Thanks for the news, WPM. ;)

This is awesome stuff and everything, but they seriously need to work on the set descriptions. Comments in bold.

NEW WORLDS... NEW POKÉMON... NEW POKÉMON TRADING CARD GAME: PLATINUM! The Pokémon TCG: Platinum expansion puts you in the middle of the action when you face challenges no Trainer has ever encountered before! Oooh. I'm so excited. >_> From incredible Pokémon LV.X like Giratina to the mysterious new Lost Zone (the lost zone's not mysterious at all. Phail.), from the newly discovered Pokémon Shaymin (newly discovered? We've known about shaymin for almost 2 years now.) to the villainous Team Galactic, you'll discover worlds you never knew existed and fight battles you never knew were possible. This quote just cracks me up. Seriously? Worlds we never knew existed? Battles you never knew were possible? Who writes this crud? The Pokémon TCG: Platinum is your first step into the next great Pokémon TCG adventure! The pokemon tcg is NOT an adventure. The pokemon games are adventures. Seriously, what the heck?

Floatzel Lv.X needs to be awesome. I want to see one my favorite pokemon see some play.
Yayz for a new rampardos! ^_^

The new Platinum set get released 11th of February? If you ask me, that's too long to wait. The boosters look awesome, and set logo is quite cool. I'm glad we are getting SP Pokémon and Shaymin Lv.X in the set, and if everything else is like what we are expecting, this is going to be just great.
The new BET cards look cool. I'm really curious about Rampardos, Lucario, Gengar and Floatzel Lv.X, and can't wait for clearer images so we can have translations.

Here are some things about the set that AREN'T written out:

* New Forme of the Renegade Pokémon Giratina: Origin Forme (So, probably no Shaymin Sky Forme)

* Set symbol:
PL1_Expansion_Symbol.png

* Here's the url for the symbol: http://www.go-pokemon.com/tcg/common/img/expansionsymbols/PL/PL1_Expansion_Symbol.png

Read it. expansionsymbols/PL/PL1 (We're most likely getting a PL2 and a PL3, right?!)

* Exciting holographic parallel set for players and collectors alike (So, that means new RH cards? That's nice.)

That's it. Thanks for reading.

RE: (2) "Platinum" Booster Pack Images and Set Logo, More "Bonds to the End of Time"

So if Platinum is going to consist of the missing cards from DP6, and the new cards of DPt1 - this is assuming they have both Sky Forme and Land Forme in the set, we're going to have a whopping total of 7 Level X cards in this set.

With Hitmonchan, Scyther and Electabuzz reprints, and Shiny Swablu, Vulpix and Lotad, they're going to have to up the box pull rate again, because 2 boxes alone won't even help cover it. I dunno, as a collector, it's.. disappointing, and the new level x cards will be so expensive as soon as they hit eBay. I still haven't finished Stormfront (not that I really like the set, tacky printing and horrible shiny cards, no glossy holofront and other detractors from the set) because the pull rate was lousy for a set that had so many ultras. The exchange rate doesn't help.

I suppose they could never be as generous as Pokemon Card Laboratory with a holo in every pack guaranteed, and about 5-6 ultra rares per box. That's just way too generous, isn't it PUSA? :(

Ah well, I suppose we'll wait and see. 130 is big, Galaxy's Conquest was 96 cards, plus the 10 (was it 10, I forget) we were missing from DP6/Dialga vs Giratina deck makes 106.. and all the cards from DPt entry pack make 130, which would have us 5 Dialga cards this set, 5 Giratina cards this set, and 3 Palkia cards. This is only a speculation, though :)

These look like great sets- I love the artwork!
I'm also looking forward to the Shaymin and Giratinas...
I hope they include Rotom...

RE: (2) "Platinum" Booster Pack Images and Set Logo, More "Bonds to the End of Time"

Smeargle2 said:

Rotom probably will not be until PT2 for english, if you're meaning Cut Rotom, Heat Rotom etc. :(

I would be happy if they put in Flygon Lv.X in place of other Lv.X's, but it will probably be Palkia G LV.X, Giratina LV.X, Dialga G LV.X, and Shaymin LV.X.

viper.fox said:
Smeargle2 said:

Rotom probably will not be until PT2 for english, if you're meaning Cut Rotom, Heat Rotom etc. :(

I know, but sorry, I meant Normal Rotom...
It wasn't much of an excuse to post...

Grammer +1 is greatly apreciated!

Smeargle2 said:
viper.fox said:
Smeargle2 said:

I know, but sorry, I meant Normal Rotom...
It wasn't much of an excuse to post...

Grammer +1 is greatly apreciated!

Well we probably won't see normal rotom for a while either, probably until we have the filler set which will feature the cards from the DPt Gift Pack:

pi06.jpg

That is, unless they do him as a promo card? ;) We'll find out soon :)

Abomasnow-Man29 said:
I would be happy if they put in Flygon Lv.X in place of other Lv.X's, but it will probably be Palkia G LV.X, Giratina LV.X, Dialga G LV.X, and Shaymin LV.X.

shaymin's both formes or only land forme?
BTW,this set looks really awesome,the booster pack pictures are so awesome.
doesn't it look like if the world is just going to end with all this Platinum presentation?

i am seriously already saving my money for 1 or two boxes from this set.

i can't wait to play shaymin next to leafeon, even if it is 2-1 shaymin :D

I think I still prefer the 2D art from recents boosters, but this packaging is still pretty nice. I'm liking the Giratina in particular. They also did a really good job with the logo, I'm quite fond of it as well.

now the japanese site are updated with more scans (at least 15 more pokemon that wasn't in the commercial :D)

especially many E4 cards

Alakazam LV.X FTW (a new way too skip kadabra :( )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back