(2) State Championship Strat Article, Rising Rivals: Next English Set [3/20]

RE: (1) Rising Rivals: Next English Set [3/20]

Don't know how I feel about the set name yet. But the boosters and decks look awesome! Except the Gallade on the theme deck...he looks weird. I'm betting Rotom will be on the sleeves at prereleases, and I like how they "revealed" that Rotom has other forms before Platinum even comes out.

Meh, doesn't seem like the best. I do enjoy Pokémon SP though, along with some nice Lv. X Cards, but it doesn't seem to special to me. No shinies, and some lame reprints. Let's move on to the Pulse of the Frontier already, people.
EDIT: And the least they could have done was put Darkrai G in there.

I might go to the prerelease.This set is awesome to me.

Mence Master said:
Meh, doesn't seem like the best. I do enjoy Pokémon SP though, along with some nice Lv. X Cards, but it doesn't seem to special to me. No shinies, and some lame reprints. Let's move on to the Pulse of the Frontier already, people.

They are the best reprints, other than the PotF ones!

Mence Master said:

BTW, The Rotom Formes replace the shinies in this set. Also, I think shinies are trash anyway. >_>

I wonder why they remained the kanji of 4 in the SP cards? They must be very lazy...Oh well, It looks a bit cool anyway. :D
"Rising Rivals"? Man, I've seen better. But, better than "Legends Awakened", anyway. Oh well, Flygon Lv.X, Gallade 4(or Yon) Lv. X, Here I come. :D

Don't worry HoM, we can't use those for Philippine Nationals, so you don't have to be excited about them yet.

Jon, you still havent put up the article?!?!

WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!

Looks like a great set, this is coming out 2 days before in the UK. So basically Pokemon Platinum is coming out here May 22nd and that is coming out May 20th there.

This is bad. REALLY BAD. I'm playing Mightyena and Dialga G decks are currently dominating the format. My states are today, and this will be most interesting. I guess I really can unleash my all powerful weapon: Mightyena LA. Massive shut down and some nice damage for 1, he will help. Since Dialga G Lv.X doesn't run evolutions, we'll have to see how this goes.

What do you mean by how is it bad? Dialga G Lv.X shuts down Mightyena PL. With him gone.... my deck won't do that well.

Not to mention Skunktank G as well.
But anyway, yeah 17 Dialga G in the Semifinals? 0_0 I'm playing Plox/GG, So it shouldn't be a problem for that.
One thing is that you forgot to mention Rare candy in the "Donk" Section.

So, unless my Math is wrong, we're getting a few things OUTSIDE of Bonds to the End of Time for at least 1 Lv. X. Take a look at this:

Alakazam 4 Lv.X (103/111)
Floatzel GL Lv.X (104/111)
Flygon Lv.X (105/111)
Gallade 4 Lv.X (106/111) <-- CONFIRMED
Hippowdon Lv.X (107/111)
Infernape 4 Lx.X (108/111)
Luxray GL Lv.X (109/111)
Mismagus GL Lv.X (110/111)
??? Lv.X (111/111)

Clearly something is wrong, as Gallade 4 Lv.X is confirmed 106/111. If it's just all Bonds to the End of Time cards, why is there a missing card for a Lv.X?

It must have a Promo or something. :F

Anyway, I just guessed on the Theme decks, and I was right! Nah, I have future powers. I'll have to read that States article soon too.

dmaster out.

Snorlax could fit in that last slot....

If Snorlax is in this set we get 9 Level X cards. Does that mean we'll get three Level X per box now? I sure hope so.

Well rising rivals the new set.IT seems pretty cool i like the name the theme decks and booster pack images

Back