(2) State Championship Strat Article, Rising Rivals: Next English Set [3/20]

On another note, I'm glad to finally see a TCG article appear on the sight, after about a year and a half. It was pretty good, also. I expected the Gs to be a big part of the metagame, but not being some dominant as the numbers say they were....

I can't imagine what it will be like at BRs next year....

Well, I'm not surprised how G Pokemon swept like that. I'm very curious how the metagame will be like when the next Set is released.

Pertaining to that, I love the artwork in that set.

We have also yet to get Darkrai SP.
So I think it's high time we get Snorlax Lv. X and Darkrai SP were released.
Japan gets too much stuff. x[

Darkrai G could be released as a promo or in POP10....when that is released this Fall. Don't think it'll be in the set, as we already have 111 cards, then the 3 Pikachus, and then Snorlax.

I think Electrode G gets the axe for Snorlax LV. X.

#@#@$##%&#$*#$(#$@*$&#@*$@#%@#(%@%*@*%@&# SET NAME! GET A DECENT SET NAME!!!!!#$#$#$#$#$#^$#$#%&%*(%#&&!&@&@&#*$($

"Rising Rivals"? No, seriously. "RISING RIVALS"?!?!?!

What kind of a name is that? They should just stick to the Japanese names if you ask me. I'm glad the set has been announced though.

Wow. That looks likev an awesome set. I sure hope I can get cards soon though.:)

Geeeze if it's ending up being that many level X cards, you'd hope they'd up the pull rate on the US boxes. Especially if they deal with the Rotom cards as UR, which is what they were in Japan.

Not to mention Pluto was a UR as well. It was a horrible set to try and put together, even with two boxes you miss a LOT from Japan, so I'm seeing a horrible amount of US boxes needed to actually complete the set.

I like the alliteration. (It also reminds me of Raging Raven from Metal Gear Solid 4.) Dramati-sounding names annoy me. This is, after all, a representation of glorified nashville hot chicken fighting. "Rising Rivals" is cute; "Bonds to the End of TIme" is melodramatic.

Also, Rotom looks pretty happy.

I also find it pretty funny that they'd keep the kanji for the number "4." When's the last time Nintendo has kept a Pokémon card with the Japanese still on it?

Another thing: Has anyone noticed that Gallade and Rhyperior, on the theme deck artwork, are on opposite sides of the same stadium? It's another one of those things were a set of illustrations come together to form a bigger picture with context.

Aww! I wanted Hitmonchan, Scyther, and Electabuzz to reign. Never the less, all these Pokemon SP seriously support my dream (which is probably nothing more than just that) of a world where Haymaker rules th PTCG...

@Ophie: Yes, it does look like they are part of the same picture. I think this has happened with a few other sets' theme decks, though I'm not quite sure.

The set's abbreviation will probably end up being RI. RR can't be used: EX Team Rocket Returns used it.

As for the theme decks, seems Cutting Edge is Gallade's deck and Drill Point is Rhyperior's.

And now that the Rising Rivals blister pack is confirmed for release, I wonder which promos will get released as part of it. My bets are on Electrode G and the Toxicroak G promo with the newest visual book.

As well as that, another press release I found stated the Rotom cards would be a subset. Perhaps they'll be ultra-rare cards with their own prefix.

Cipher said:
The set's abbreviation will probably end up being RI. RR can't be used: EX Team Rocket Returns used it.

As for the theme decks, seems Cutting Edge is Gallade's deck and Drill Point is Rhyperior's.

And now that the Rising Rivals blister pack is confirmed for release, I wonder which promos will get released as part of it. My bets are on Electrode G and the Toxicroak G promo with the newest visual book.

As well as that, another press release I found stated the Rotom cards would be a subset. Perhaps they'll be ultra-rare cards with their own prefix.

Well, actually the Rotom Cards are essentially replacing the shiny cards from the more recent sets, so they will probably be a subset and reverse holo cards. I hope they aren't reverse though, they really ruin the shiny cards with the RH pattern :(.

Clueless as ever, I can't figure out where to find the "(2) State Championship Strat Article" that we are commanded to "Discuss!".

Anyone willing to give a clueless old fool a hint or two?

Will in Seattle
a.k.a. "Clueless"

Aquadon said:
So, unless my Math is wrong, we're getting a few things OUTSIDE of Bonds to the End of Time for at least 1 Lv. X. Take a look at this:

Alakazam 4 Lv.X (103/111)
Floatzel GL Lv.X (104/111)
Flygon Lv.X (105/111)
Gallade 4 Lv.X (106/111) <-- CONFIRMED
Hippowdon Lv.X (107/111)
Infernape 4 Lx.X (108/111)
Luxray GL Lv.X (109/111)
Mismagus GL Lv.X (110/111)
??? Lv.X (111/111)

Clearly something is wrong, as Gallade 4 Lv.X is confirmed 106/111. If it's just all Bonds to the End of Time cards, why is there a missing card for a Lv.X?
Blue Thunder said:
Snorlax could fit in that last slot....

If Snorlax is in this set we get 9 Level X cards. Does that mean we'll get three Level X per box now? I sure hope so.

Snorlax Lv.X could indeed fit in that place, but dont forget that there still is a promo Palkia Lv.X from the Intensive Fight Destroyed Sky japanese blister pack.

I have a quick question.
Since the theme decks are around SP pokemon do you think it is possible they will put Gallade Lv.X in a theme deck? I think it would be dumb if they didn't because how can you make a theme deck around one lousy SP card? I still wish they would make JAP theme decks in English versions here. I mean two lv.x's in a theme deck is sweet.

What rarity is regular Gallade? If it's Rare or Holo-Rare, it'll most likely be the star card of the decks. American decks never have Lv. X cards. They make you pay a bunch, or they make you wait for them.

As I said America should adopt to Japan's way of releasing theme decks, giving you two. I once tried to buy one off Ebay and the price was good but the shipping kills it. I think Gallade is a rare.

CFOURCOLTSFAN said:
I have a quick question.
Since the theme decks are around SP pokemon do you think it is possible they will put Gallade Lv.X in a theme deck? I think it would be dumb if they didn't because how can you make a theme deck around one lousy SP card? I still wish they would make Japanese theme decks in English versions here. I mean two lv.x's in a theme deck is sweet.

Then it won't be as fair. Remember, there is no Rhyperior 4 Lv.X, is there?

I'm thinking Galade 4 is a normal Rare, but Holo in the Theme Deck. They'll just throw in a couple lines, and make it sound like it works, but really, it doesn't.

dmaster out.

Back