2012? What do you think? Is it true?

2012 claim?

• True.

Votes: 10 9.2%
  • False.

Votes: 99 90.8%

• Total voters
@Eevee, didn't the bible said to take every living animal who breathed by lungs on his ark? I thought so, I might be wrong but if I am, well then you're right.

Well if the Grand Canyon was formed by a global flood (uhm... where did the water come from?) the water would be still in the Grand Canyon right? The Grand Canyon is formed by a river. And erosion caused it to look like this, I don't know what kind of rock the Grand Canyon is mainly made of, but sure is it's a pretty weak kind of kind compared to other species of rocks. And there are more places like the Grand Canyon only most people don't know.

Ah, marine fossils on the top of the Mount Everest, well not really on the top, then they should have dug through a lot of ice and snow, but let's just say; on the Mount Everest. This can be explained by plate tectonics, which is caused by convection, large flows of magma swirling around inside Earth, they arise, move a bit, cool off and sink down to get heaten up again etc. This movement of magma causes the plates laying on top of them to move. And if in past ancient sea animals died of course the sunk to the ocean floor, by the movement of these plate they are brought to the surface. The Indian and Eurasian Plate are moving to each other and so causing the land to arise and that created the Mount Everest what first an ocean floor was.

No,God said to take 2 of every kind of bird,of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground.Pokequaza,you didn't answer my question,I asked how can a slow trickle of water carve a 90 degree turn into solid rock over millions of years.Wouldn't the water just take the easy way and go around the rock instead of going though the rock?If you look on google earth,you can find the 90 degree turn towards the north part of the Grand Canyon(If I remember correctly).

Out of curiosity,how long ago do you think Mt. Everest was part of the sea floor?

eevee said:
No,God said to take 2 of every kind of bird,of every kind of animal and of every kind of creature that moves along the ground.Pokequaza,you didn't answer my question,I asked how can a slow trickle of water carve a 90 degree turn into solid rock over millions of years.Wouldn't the water just take the easy way and go around the rock instead of going though the rock?If you look on google earth,you can find the 90 degree turn towards the north part of the Grand Canyon(If I remember correctly).

Out of curiosity,how long ago do you think Mt. Everest was part of the sea floor?
God said? There isn't even a prove god does exist. The bible is a book written by some human with the knowledge of cavemen (well maybe a bit smarter) but still they had no clue about biology, physics, maths and chemistry.

About 70 million years ago it started and about 50 million years ago the Indian Plate collided with the Eurasian Plate, with a very high speed of about 15 cm a year (0,5 foot), causing the Earth to arise. It all happened just after the Mezo...? ow damn... sorry forgotten, you know the period of the Dinosaurs.

About the Grand Canyon, well it's possible more rivers do have this, anyway this is partly caused by erosion and some other effects, I'm not an expert of geology so can't tell you the whole reason, neither can you. Anyway a burst of water would have swept away the whole rock anyway... (btw, this question about the Grand Canyon was to Heavenly Spoon, look at the post where you asked this, it was to him)

Pokequaza, I believe that Baktun is a synonym of zodiac, so 13th zodiac.
Also, about that flood, there is proof. Geologists did find proof of the flood. I saw it on the history channel where there was a drastic change in the soil at the bottom of this lake in the middle east where they believe it may have occurred.
And, I am a strong believer in God, so what you guys are saying does anger me, just a little.

Muddy68 said:
Pokequaza, I believe that Baktun is a synonym of zodiac, so 13th zodiac.
Also, about that flood, there is proof. Geologists did find proof of the flood. I saw it on the history channel where there was a drastic change in the soil at the bottom of this lake in the middle east where they believe it may have occurred.
And, I am a strong believer in God, so what you guys are saying does anger me, just a little.
''the 13th baktun cycle'' < this? No, uhm... how to explain this, they probably meant a Solar Cycle with this. When the Mayan calendar ends we'll enter the 14th baktun cycle, or the Cycle of the 5th Sun as how the Mayans call it. I don't know where ''baktun'' comes from, but it's probably from another calendar/date system. I'll search for it.

You also have to know most shown on tv are not true. For the real truth you must do research, search things by yourself, since people on tv don't going to tell this (would be too complicated for most people too). Read books, search on the internet(be carefull with this one) and you'll discover it's actually totally different then you thought. I don't claim all on tv is not true, but a lot is.

Still a ''global flood'' is impossible. Just not enough water on this planet.

@Muddy: ._. Baktun isn't a zodiac. It's calender related. I don't remember what it means exectly and I'm currently looking it up but please, check your facts.

EDIT: It has indeed something to do with the Mayan calender as confirmed by a Dutch website that has a lot on the Mayan horoscope. I can't discover the exact meaning as the book I own is sadly already boxed up due to me moving house soon.... >.<

This is what wikipedia said about a baktun, no 13th zodiac:
''A baktun (properly b'ak'tun) is 20 katun cycles of the ancient Maya Long Count Calendar. It contains 144,000 days or 400 tuns or nearly 400 tropical years. The Classic period of Maya civilization occurred during the 8th and 9th baktuns of the current calendrical cycle. The current (13th) baktun will end, or be completed, on 13.0.0.0.0 (December 21, 2012 using the GMT correlation). This also marks the beginning of the 14th baktun, as such a term is usually used among Mayanists.''

@afstandopleren, what is your meaning with the site, I've checked it, some facts about time shown there, not much else. (btw, the site doens't look very professional...)

It is pro, trust me, I got it from my mentor who gives workshops on this subject (I have already used it to discover what I am according to the mayan horoscope). I only checked it because Wikipedia didn't come into my mind when I was searching and that is the only site I knew that would have at least some sort of answer.

afstandopleren said:
@Muddy: ._. Baktun isn't a zodiac. It's calender related. I don't remember what it means exectly and I'm currently looking it up but please, check your facts.

EDIT: It has indeed something to do with the Mayan calender as confirmed by a Dutch website that has a lot on the Mayan horoscope. I can't discover the exact meaning as the book I own is sadly already boxed up due to me moving house soon.... >.<

You do realize that the site you linked to is useless to most of us? -_-

Not really. If you're going to link to a site, please make it one that most of the members hear can actually read. *face palm*

DarthPika said:
Not really. If you're going to link to a site, please make it one that most of the members hear can actually read. *face palm*
Well I can read... and since the posts of afstandopleren en me are like 50% of this whole thread it is usefull...

and there do exist translators did you know :0

Yeah, there are good translators and bad translators. (I experienced first hand with the help of Pikamaster)

You do realize that you could choose not to click it right? I made it clear that the website is Dutch (Spoon and Pokequaza only lol)

DarthPika said:
They're useless for the most part. lol
Still you don't even try to read. Dutch isn't that much different from English. I can mostly read Danish too, while I normally never see it before, or the fact is true that we Dutch people do have a bigger knowledge of languages, no offense. But we have to, small country, and depends on other countries surrounding it...

And still if there's something you want to know, we can translate...

Nothing, just the start of a new cycle. >_> Unless that is not what you mean. (I'm responding with a sleepy head.) BTW, why didn't anyone bother to Wikipedia for Baktun? lol

afstandopleren said:
Nothing, just the start of a new cycle. >_> Unless that is not what you mean. (I'm responding with a sleepy head.) BTW, why didn't anyone bother to Wikipedia for Baktun? lol
Well I did? xD And probably the only one, I posted it some posts back, well anyway and as what I said, and afstandopleren is right, a new cycle will start, the 14th baktun... nothing special about.

Back