(3) Pulse of the Frontier Shinies and LV.X's, Rumored DSi Release Date and Price, Spring Tins 2009 [

RE: (2) Rumored DSi Release Date and Price, Spring Tins 2009 [1/13]

The DSi will be pretty expensive for that price. They should keep the price as the same as the DSL. I can't wait to get more cards but I have not been able to for about 5 months now. Maybe for my B day in a month I will be able to.:)

Woohoo! Shaymin and Giratina! New Lv Xs that are easy to obtain will always be nice to have.

Wish we'd get Garchomp too though. :(

masterryanx said:
viper.fox said:
Eeew DSi. I'm still not sold on them, it's really the micro of the DS era, IMO. Especially the region lock. Why would you put a region lock on a handheld which was region free before? No thank you.

The DSi is not region locked. It's 100% region free, minus the areas where it would have to be tailored for a specific region like the DSi Shop.

Ummm, yeah. I think it is region locked. You can't play/download games in English. >.>

Anyway, I'm thinking the 3rd Tin is Darkrai, seeing as the Dialga and Palkia are both reprints. It could be Shaymin or Giratina though. That is, if there are only three tins. There are a lot of Lv.X cards we haven't gotten yet, so more tins is a likely answer...

I read the DSi story on IGN. The price is almost dead on what I thought it would be, and I'm glad that the date is early. I was expecting Q1 anyway. I already have my Mall Gift Card ready to pay for it. lolz

dmaster out.

d master342 said:
Ummm, yeah. I think it is region locked. You can't play/download games in English. >.>
...Eh?
As far as I know, you can play the usual DS-games without worrying about the region lock.
The region lock is obviously there only for the downloadable content, which kinda HAD to be region locked.

FireMeowth said:
d master342 said:
...Eh?
As far as I know, you can play the usual DS-games without worrying about the region lock.
The region lock is obviously there only for the downloadable content, which kinda HAD to be region locked.

Well, yeah the download. The other systems weren't though. Namely, Wii and older DS. Aaaand, you can't play them IIRC. Edit: You can't play the DSi only software. Just search "dsi region locked" on Google or a search engine to find out info. It is region locked though.

dmaster out.

d master342 said:

The only locks we know of so far are on things that need to be tailored to specific regions, like the DSi specific games and any DSWare software. You obviously won't be able to use or download those on a US console. But, DS games from any region will work fine on the DSi as long as they are not a DSi specific game.

d master342 said:
Well, yeah the download. The other systems weren't though. Namely, Wii and older DS.

Original DS and Lite, yeah those are region free. Wii? Not even close.

That would be absolutely fantastic if the TFG fig it came with was of the Pokémon on the tin.

highly unlikely though...

For the first time in a while, I'm actually excited about an upcoming set of tins! They have great artwork and a free TFG figure, and if the packs are all DPt expansions, these tins will be well worth the 15 bucks. The DSi, though... not so much. I don't really want to pay 180 bucks for something I already have two of (with the only difference being a camera and an SD card slot). I'll only get one if:
a) The DSiWare Shop gets a Game Boy Virtual Console.
b) Made in Ore (the upcoming WarioWare game where you make your own microgames) is revealed to be a DSi exclusive.

Also, does anyone know if the DSi has any exclusive cartridge games (not downloadable games)?

Mr. Meep said:
Also, does anyone know if the DSi has any exclusive cartridge games (not downloadable games)?

If you mean retail games that are only compatible with the DSi? Yes.

Pokefan4000 said:
I doubt the DSi will be coming out on April 4th. Reggie Fils-Aime said it won't be released until "well into 2009". The DS Lite sales are going so strong, anyway.

While Reggie has been quoted as saying the system would not be out until "well into 2009" he also said the system was due out "certainly after April". Seeing as April is the start of fiscal 2009, April 4th is indeed a realistic release date. Iwata has also hinted that the system would be launched around that time in the states.

masterryanx said:
d master342 said:

The only locks we know of so far are on things that need to be tailored to specific regions, like the DSi specific games and any DSWare software. You obviously won't be able to use or download those on a US console. But, DS games from any region will work fine on the DSi as long as they are not a DSi specific game.

d master342 said:
Well, yeah the download. The other systems weren't though. Namely, Wii and older DS.

Original DS and Lite, yeah those are region free. Wii? Not even close.

The first part - that still counts as a region lock. >__> Nintendo found out that the Wii wasn't region locked at first, so they stopped people from trying to download Japan games.

dmaster out.

I bet you the spring tins will feature Dialga G Lv.X and not regular Dialga Lv.X

Sorry, tins will Be Shaymin Sky Forme Lv. X, Dialga Lv. X, and Giratina Lv. X.

It's on the front page now. :D

d master342 said:
Nintendo found out that the Wii wasn't region locked at first, so they stopped people from trying to download Japan games.

Yeah, I remember that. There were exploits for accessing other counrties Virtual Console selections, weren't there?

masterryanx said:
d master342 said:
Nintendo found out that the Wii wasn't region locked at first, so they stopped people from trying to download Japan games.

Yeah, I remember that. There were exploits for accessing other counrties Virtual Console selections, weren't there?

Yeah, you can change the language in the Settings. In a way, it wasn't region locked. Now it is though. :F

dmaster out.

10 points to me, I got the tins right ;D

Those are the most awesome tin designs ever. The cards look awesome, too.

I Am totally buying giratina lv.x

all the artwork on the cards look amazing. i love the palkia *loves every palkia card*
and omg they come with a trading figure? yes, i must get one ^^ but should i get shaymin or giratina? grr, i don't know

the DSi looks cool but i'm happy with my pink DS lite and that black DS lite with palkia and dialga on it ^^

Back