3DS Discussion Thread

K-Obsessed said:
Finally the price drop has arrived! I'm going to pick up a copy of the 3DS on friday at Best Buy! I'm actually pretty excited. I might go and buy that Cartoon Network Smash Bros. game if it is at a decent price. If not, there's many features already I'll be happy to try out.

There's no price drop announced yet, where'd you get that news?

Well Wal Mart Canada is selling them at $198 starting this friday as it is listed in their flyers for the week of Jul 29-Aug 4. I haven't received the flyer yet myself since I get them on Wednesdays but some have posted scans online already. It looks like Future Sop will have them at $199.99.

EDIT: Just got the flyers. The 3DS is indeed $198 at Walmart starting Thursday actually unless there was a typo. As for futureshop, they listed the regular price so I don't know where that $199.99 scan came from. Either way, the 3DS will finally be mine!

^ YESH! I hope you enjoy your's as much i enjoy mine. If there's no games you want, there's enough built in stuff that will last you for over a month

PikabooPikachu said:
^ YESH! I hope you enjoy your's as much i enjoy mine. If there's no games you want, there's enough built in stuff that will last you for over a month

Yes I agree. I'm looking forward to playing around with the AR cards and the Pokedex. I've never had a DSi before so I'm sure all those DSi-ish features like music and what not will be fun as well. :)

Darkvoid57 said:
The 3DS, at the moment, with the current games out for it, no, not at all.

I wholeheartedly agree. I got mine a few months ago, and I've only been using it as a music player. I prefer it over the DSi because I don't need to convert to .mp4 files, I can stick with .mp3.

One the big stuff, like: Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario and Luigi's Mansion come out, then this system will be worth it.

However, I've been wondering: Is Pilotwings any good?

Pilot Wings is okay. It was the release day game I bought. The 3D is amazing and a great way to show it off, but personally, there wasn't enough gameplay in it. Because Nintendo uses the same island over and over, there isn't much of anything new to explore if you've already done the plane mode in Wii Sports Resort. Of course there is mission mode, but I never got into it.

I'd give the game a 5/10 just for it's 3D.

Bippa201 said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I got mine a few months ago, and I've only been using it as a music player. I prefer it over the DSi because I don't need to convert to .mp4 files, I can stick with .mp3.

One the big stuff, like: Mario Kart, Kid Icarus, Super Mario and Luigi's Mansion come out, then this system will be worth it.

However, I've been wondering: Is Pilotwings any good?

You forgot one major game. SMASH BROS. XD.:)

The real price drop is here: http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/fttgI7OsQIB1tZqRMa5CtT45KLrmNkAY

For those who want to buy, wait until August 12th so you can get is for $170.

For those of us who bought it early for $250, here's what we get.

"Starting Sept. 1, Nintendo 3DS Ambassadors will be able to download 10 NES™ Virtual Console™ games at no charge and before they are available in the Nintendo eShop to the general public. These games, including Super Mario Bros.™, Donkey Kong Jr.™, Balloon Fight™, Ice Climber™ and The Legend of Zelda™, are slated to become paid downloadable games, but Ambassadors get them early for free. Once the paid versions of the games are posted to the Nintendo eShop later in the year, the updated versions will be available to Ambassadors for download at no cost.

By the end of 2011, Nintendo will provide Ambassadors with 10 Game Boy Advance Virtual Console games. These include games like Yoshi's Island™: Super Mario™ Advance 3, Mario Kart™: Super Circuit, Metroid™ Fusion, WarioWare™, Inc.: Mega Microgame$ and Mario vs. Donkey Kong™. These games will be available exclusively to Ambassadors, and Nintendo currently has no plans to make these 10 games available to the general public on the Nintendo 3DS in the future."

Heh, just woke up and got freshened up for that 3DS but for some odd reason I decided to check the IGN App on my ipod. Wowwy!! August 12, I'll be waiting' for ya!

So I paid $100 dollars extra when I could have waited. WOW! This sucks. Oh well. How does Nintendo know when you bought the system? And they should keep the Ambassador thing going for more than 2011. lol. I feel ripped off. I had to trade in a PSP and my DSi. When I would have gotten the same thing. >_>. Ehh.. At least we get something better.

I'm just going to wait til the christmas sales before buying a 3DS. They sometimes come with free games so :p

legendhunter32 said:
How does Nintendo know when you bought the system?
Bippa201 said:
So how do you become an ambassador? Just by paying the $250 for the console?

You become an ambassador by accessing the eShop before the price drop arrives.

Personally, I'm pretty excited. :3 I can get Super Mario Bros. and the original Legend of Zelda for free on a portable system! :D

Apparently they can see if you have connected to the eshop before August 11th? (One day before the price drop.)

Edit: Ninja'd. Twice uggh lol.

Seems simple to me. 20 free games for $80. That's about $4 per game which is _amazing_ for games like The Legend of Zelda, Metroid Fusion, and WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$. Since I didn't get to pick up a lot of the great GBA games before, this is an amazing deal. And they don't even have plans to release 10 of those games to anybody else right now. I don't regret buying the 3DS on launch day.

dmaster out.

My apologies there it seems as though I posted at roughly the same time.

Right now when I connect my 3ds to the e-shop it says there's a system update so you probably have to update to become a member.

Well with some stores having price protection programs I'm sure some of us can take some unfair advantage of the free games being offered. I'm trying to decide if I should be one of them. Free games are awesome but at the same time I don't really care much about those old school titles. The only ones it'll make happy would be my little cousins if they play my 3DS. Hmmm.

#1weavile said:
I'm just going to wait til the christmas sales before buying a 3DS. They sometimes come with free games so :p

Same. I actually feel happy that I lost my 3DS now :p The only downside is not getting those VC games yet, but what evs, now I can finally replace it.

xxashxx said:
How does this system compare to the past systems other than the #-D of course? I am asking because the new 3DS imaging is supposedly not that great and you can't see things like you can with the past DS systems and is there a way to switch between 3D and normal DS modes? I have heard there is a switch for doing that because if I get one of these I want to be able to play it like I would my normal DS's etc. Is it like a portable N64 or better or too sharp? Any game pics will help me determine the viewing of the system. If you guys have pics I would like to see some to compare between systems XD. Thanks.:)

Could anyone please give me details about the 3DS above^^? Thanks. However the price is now the way it should have been in March. I did not see any point for it to be that high especially for a handheld system.:)

Back