3DS Discussion Thread

No posts for 1 week. Ow.
Anyways, I got my 3DS as a present on my birthday yesterday. :D
Well, I got used to the 3D instantly, and I love many of the features it has.
I was just wondering something...You become and ambassador when you go to the eShop anytime before the 12 or you only become one by accesing it on the 11?

I may plan on getting LoZ: OoT. : P

The 3DS has a new color! FLAME RED! We saw this color at E3 and in many of Nintendo's designs and honestly it was my favorite color. I was disappointed when I found it wasn't a release day color. Available 9/9

media

Although I don't like the 3DS design, (Too many unfined edges make it look scruffy) this colour combination makes it looks ghastly. I would never buy a 3DS in this colour, Red and Black do look good together, but this is a different shade of Red and frankly it doesn't look very good to me.

I was a little suckered though for thinking a new version of Pokemon Red was coming to the 3DS, that would have been so much better. Oh well.

Gleafeon said:
#4: Is there any Screen Protector to avoid Touch-Screen scratches?
#5: Wich accesories would you recommend?

Sure, these are old, but I just want to provide brief answers:

4. Yes, they exist. I assume you already know of the precautions, but try to make sure that whatever you get is licensed by Nintendo. Of course, the biggest thing is that you should avoid air bubbles and foreign material when applying.

5. At the very moment, I can't recommend anything because I don't own anything. In a few hours, though, I'll probably be buying this: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-3DS-Pull-Go-Folio-Black/dp/B004KPH7TS/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

Seems very cool.

Anyway, just became one of the proud owners of these fine machines. I haven't tried anything other than Camera and Sound, but the menu animations alone are worth the money (to me, of course).

Edit: Eh, month-old post, but:

pokemon99 said:
Isn't your game data saved on the cartridge? So unless the game was in the 3DS when you lost it...

One would think so, but I think I read or saw somewhere that the saves are stored on the SD card, not the cartridge itself.

I'm lucky in that I got a 3DS on Amazon for $200, used a gift card and got it for 150 dollars, and I got the free games! :D

Lugia ex said:
Did anyone get the ambassador program yet? I connected to the eshop and nothing happened? Anyone know why?

It automatically signs you up, at least that's what I understand it as.

Nothing special will happen yet. It signs you up and makes record. Then on September 1st, the NES games will come out on the 3DS shop for us to download.

Guy89 said:
The 3DS has a new color! FLAME RED! We saw this color at E3 and in many of Nintendo's designs and honestly it was my favorite color. I was disappointed when I found it wasn't a release day color. Available 9/9

It reminds me of the two splite colors they made for the DS lite (shiny bule top/black and shiny red top/black). But i don't really care for this color.... I'd take an orange one any day, but the last time Nintedo made an oragne controller/system was gamecube. (Or that's what i remember...)

Chariblaze said:
One would think so, but I think I read or saw somewhere that the saves are stored on the SD card, not the cartridge itself.

I think everything does save to your SD card. That's why it's always like "Please do not remove the SD while the system is on." And everything I've played has some data on the SD when I go to the system options>Data Mangament.

Thank you Char.
Anyways, how can I avoid Air Bubbles? They bought my 3DS from internet and it came with screen protectors(From Japan). However, I always get Air Bubbles when I try to apply it on the top screen. The touch screen has a very small one, so it doesn´t bug me. :/

I just got a 3DS for $170 at Target last night, but still got the Ambassador program because Target dropped the price early.

Anyone else run into this loophole?

^^^
A Green one would look cool! But would you have it be all green and then the inside of the top screen would be black like all the other colors have been?

Spoink! said:
I just got a 3DS for $170 at Target last night, but still got the Ambassador program because Target dropped the price early.

Anyone else run into this loophole?

Yes. Yes I did.
PikabooPikachu said:
Does anyone know the website URL to put your 3DS ceral# into get the info on how to get your free games stuff?

Sadly, it hasn't been announced yet. It's supposed to come this week, and they'll probably put out their notice on a weekday, so I expect tomorrow or Friday.

Nothing has been announced yet, to my knowledge. It seems weird because E3 would have been the perfect place for anything Metroid in general considering the series has just passed the 25th anniversary mark. No love for Samus indeed. SMH

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Nothing has been announced yet, to my knowledge. It seems weird because E3 would have been the perfect place for anything Metroid in general considering the series has just passed the 25th anniversary mark. No love for Samus indeed. SMH

dmaster out.

Thanks for the fast reply ;)

Maybe next year they'll announce something. MPH was one of the older games for DS if I remember correctly.

Oh man, I would LOVE a new Metroid game for the 3DS too. From what I remember, back when the DS first came out (or soon after) DS's came with a Metroid Prime Hunters demo but the actual game didn't come out for around another year I think. That's what I remember but I don't know for sure.

Back