3DS Discussion Thread

legendhunter32 said:
Yes. It's called Punch Time explosion. But it is horrible. It's like a really bad version of Super Smash Bros. I regret spending forty bucks on that game.

Hehe, I also bought that game. I love of some of those characters so despite the bad reviews I couldn't stop myself from purchasing it. I found it fun, but the story ended too quickly. Multiplayer is nice but the super fast ending to each match is a bit of a turn off. I guess I'm used to Smash Bros. and their "GAME!" at the end. So yeah it's not worth $40 but if or when it falls to $20 it's a decent game to have around.

Here's a cool bit of news though. My cousin won a 3DS by playing the Stacker game a few days ago. It was definitely an amazing experience watching it happen. But what I found super weird was that when we turned it on...it was USED! The manual, screen, and all the blah blah blah were in perfect condition there was no way you could tell it was used. But some dude named "Crasher" already had a profile on it. That was weird. He isn't complaining though cause we did a check online and he's a part of the ambassador program. Pretty cool.

When will we get the games? Aren't we supposed to get them today?

I'm also posting this from teh 3DS lolz

ForeignDude said:
My cousin won a 3DS by playing the Stacker game a few days ago.
How?! I swear that game is rigged, at least for me. If it isn't, than I should have my XBOX and my friend should have his 50" HD TV.

Anyways, has anybody downloaded their Ambassador games yet? I have.

I'm downloading mine, seeing that some of them are up.

I can confirm that these titles are up:

Super Mario Bros.
Metroid
The Legend of Zelda
Wrecking Crew
NES Open Golf
Donkey Kong Jr.
Balloon Fight
Ice Climber
Zelda II, The Adventures of Link
Yoshi

And the Ambassador Certificate Video is up too. Enjoy fellow Ambassador's

^^^
If you bought your 3DS before the BIG price drop, you get to download 20 free games

They are out. I just got done downloading them all. I don't know about you guys, but the golfing game is hard T~T I can't hit the ball ever

Robot3300 said:
How?! I swear that game is rigged, at least for me. If it isn't, than I should have my XBOX and my friend should have his 50" HD TV.

Anyways, has anybody downloaded their Ambassador games yet? I have.

Well apparently the machine only lets you win after a certain number of games have been played on the machine. Sort of like how those claw machines work for stuffed animals. I guess we just happened to be extremely lucky to be playing on that machine that day.

As for the ambassador program...I got the games today but unfortunately I can't say the same about my cousin who won his 3DS. It's odd though cause on the Nintendo support page when he enters his 3DS code thing he gets a message telling him he is indeed an ambassador. I guess I'll have to call Nintendo to find out what's up with that.

So the next 10 games will be available later? I downloaded the 10 NES titles but I couldn't find any other VC downloads.

That's correct, those will come out before the end of the year. If you ask me, sometime in September is likely, like when they release Four Swords. But I assume that this delay is mostly due to the NES games being a higher priority, since they'll eventually be sold to everyone.

Would anyone know how to get these 10 free games from the ambassodor program? I connected to the eshop once before August 11... So I can't figure out how to download the games...

It's also in the same place as the game, in previous downloads, then you download it, and it'll be view-able on the home screen.

Here's a link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/3dsambassador.jsp

(See Chariblaze, I linked this time ;) )

There should be scrolling text during the video. It isn't really a video, just scrolling text underneath a picture of a certificate.

Does that show up?

Only a fourth of it, as the it says the same thing in four languages. It just says to keep this with SpotPass on to get notifications about the other games. But the music is nice.

It tells you that if you want updates from the Ambassador Program to click the little icon in one of the bottom corners that say something like "receive notifications about Ambassador Program", and it'll give you the option to receive notifications about the Ambassador Program.

Nice one Chariblaze

Back