3DS Discussion Thread

dmaster said:
So Monster Hunter is coming to the 3DS.

Along with a second circle pad accessory that attaches to a 3DS (!!).

Nintendo is going to be making more announcements (presumably), which might include Yoshi on the 3DS, possibly Phoenix Wright, as well as talking about the Four Swords game that's coming and a Super Mario 3DS demo. Thoughts on all of this? :eek:

dmaster out.

I can't believe I didn't see this post before :D I love Four Sword XD and I'm glad nintendo remembered that connection is now enhanced because play the original four sword on a game boy isn't very fun when you could have wifi modes :/ lol I hope they do this and collector's edition like the one they did for GC if something like that comes out for 3DS I'll be all over it XD (they probably wont make anything like that anymore though :/)

what What WHAT?!
Are all those games REALLY coming tomorrow? OH MAI GOODNESS!!!
Ahhh...I can´t decide if I should get Mario Kart or SM3DL...And I want Paper Malleo, too (lol I know we will get it next year probably?)

Waah...Nintendo really wants us to make hard, REALLY hard decisions D:

Chariblaze needs to stop hyping up people lol.

All those games are only coming out this year, but it's starting with Star Fox tomorrow...

Afro-G, the second circle pad is mainly for the people who hate using the 3DS's gyroscope to move the camera around and screw up the 3D in the process. Basically just helps the camera and such. The buttons probably help people not use the touchscreen because people don't want to be using everything at once.

dmaster out.

Party pooper :( lol (jk) that's actually a good thing bec now I don't have to make decisions :p (still if all those games were going to come out tomorrow....)

I wasn't paying much attention to the Star Fox game since I'm not interested in that but I don't know if I got this right but..it's basically the N64 port? Does this mean we won't be able to download N64 titles like Mario Kart 64 on the e-shop cause the device isn't powerful enough? I could have sworn there were people saying it was powerful enough to play gamecube games. I'm so confused right now.

New Info came out for Mario Kart 7 today. :D

Wario, Daisy and Rosalina will be returning from Mario Kart Wii. Lakitu and Metal Mario are the newcomers joining them today (hooray for no more Baby Peach).

Kalimari Desert from Mario Kart 64, DK Pass and Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart DS are also coming back

New Items are: Fire Flower, Super Leaf (from Super Mario Kart) and the Metal Box.

Four unnamed courses are also seen; a windmill course, a snow course, a bazaar course and a futuristic course. The comet observatory will be appearing in the snow course (Freezeflame Galaxy course anyone?).

Bippa201 said:
New Info came out for Mario Kart 7 today. :D

Wario, Daisy and Rosalina will be returning from Mario Kart Wii. Lakitu and Metal Mario are the newcomers joining them today (hooray for no more Baby Peach).

Kalimari Desert from Mario Kart 64, DK Pass and Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart DS are also coming back

New Items are: Fire Flower, Super Leaf (from Super Mario Kart) and the Metal Box.

Four unnamed courses are also seen; a windmill course, a snow course, a bazaar course and a futuristic course. The comet observatory will be appearing in the snow course (Freezeflame Galaxy course anyone?).
Wow, I'm jealous of you finding new info before me. =P First off, the new characters sound lame. We don't need a Metal Mario and as for Lakitu, if he's driving a kart who's going to be the one to tell us to go? xP

The returning courses are pretty cool so far. Don't really have anything to comment about them.

New items are always pretty exciting. What did the Super Leaf do? And I wonder what the Metal Box will do to benefit you.

Can't wait to drive around the new courses. That's probably one of the most exciting thing for all Mario Kart games. I sure hope they make a good Rainbow Road for this game. =P

Afro-G said:
Wow, I'm jealous of you finding new info before me. =P First off, the new characters sound lame. We don't need a Metal Mario and as for Lakitu, if he's driving a kart who's going to be the one to tell us to go? xP

The returning courses are pretty cool so far. Don't really have anything to comment about them.

New items are always pretty exciting. What did the Super Leaf do? And I wonder what the Metal Box will do to benefit you.

Can't wait to drive around the new courses. That's probably one of the most exciting thing for all Mario Kart games. I sure hope they make a good Rainbow Road for this game. =P

oh no not rainbow road DX I hate that the wii one wasn't too bad but I would have an epic fail at mario kart super circuit's rainbow road even on 50cc :( I hate rainbow road and why do we need metal mario? isn't regular mario bad enough? :p lol this game is still close to the top on my priority list though xP

Afro-G said:

I think its a different Lakitu, a red shell one. As for Metal Mario, well, at least its not Baby Mario. But if we get Metal Luigi, Metal Peach and Metal Bowser, I might scream.

Waluigi Pinball's return, as well as Rosalina, are enough to make me pre-order this game at launch. It's gonna be a game that I will love forever.

Here's a video with some new footage. It talks about Lakitu, Metal Mario and the Fire Flower. There's also some new courses shown as well.

Here's another video. Its completely Japanese, but it confirms Daisy and Rosalina.

I remember reading somewhere that there will be either 18 or 24 characters. We know 19 of them; let the guessing game begin.

Oh, and the Spiny Shell lacks wings now. :p

Okay, so.... I'm confused. I've been reading up about this second slider pad, and I'm wondering about getting a 3DS now. I've been holding out since the price drop, (And I want the red one) but I want to get Rumble Blast when it comes out, as well as a couple other titles. But is Nintendo going to eventually incorporate that into a future 3DS? Is it worth it to buy a 3DS now, or wait? I'm confuzzled.

Nobody knows if they'll incorporate it. Maybe, like a year and a half down the line (a lá Wii Remote Plus). But don't sweat it too much. While devloper support is fairly good, the pad is strictly optional. Also, it is only $20 or so, and it's not that bad of an add-on. It's a fine time to buy now, though there might be a Black Friday or near-Christmas sale on them (totally depends on their success). The best possible time to buy a 3DS, though (as your probably know since you specifically held out for a red 3DS), was August 10th and 11th. If you bought from Walmart or Target during those times (not sure about Canadians), you got the lower price and the 20 free Ambassador games, so.

It seems that they will release a new 3DS Color! (A Girly-Pink one :O)

It´s name is Misty Pink, and it will be released in Japan on 20 October of this year.
2dhwbxf.png

...It looks like a special Strawberry 3DS Candy :O (Nuu, i´m serious it looks eatable)

sturtle said:
Okay, so.... I'm confused. I've been reading up about this second slider pad, and I'm wondering about getting a 3DS now. I've been holding out since the price drop, (And I want the red one) but I want to get Rumble Blast when it comes out, as well as a couple other titles. But is Nintendo going to eventually incorporate that into a future 3DS? Is it worth it to buy a 3DS now, or wait? I'm confuzzled.

And..that's exactly why Nintendo is probably in their worst position ever concerning a system/handheld.

What's their plan for it? Drop the price, release new colors, release a NEW BETTER SYSTEM, what is their end goal? Who knows? Nobody really has answers now. (Mainly because Nintendo hasn't given any information OUT...)

dmaster out.

I dont know if this is just me but does the 3ds work with the global link? it gives me an error but it coud probaly be my internet

Back