3DS Discussion Thread

So Monster Hunter is coming to the 3DS.

Along with a second circle pad accessory that attaches to a 3DS (!!).

Nintendo is going to be making more announcements (presumably), which might include Yoshi on the 3DS, possibly Phoenix Wright, as well as talking about the Four Swords game that's coming and a Super Mario 3DS demo. Thoughts on all of this? :eek:

dmaster out.

The second circle pad will make the system a lot easier to use in my opinion and a lot of games will work better. The Super Mario 3DS demo is exciting, I really want to see how they change the game from the side scrolling before they actually release the game.

Where'd all of this news come from? Just wanted to know because I would like to keep up with 3DS news but I'm not sure where to look. A Super Mario 3DS demo sounds awesome. Also, what's this second circle pad thing? Do we have any pictures of it?

It's come out of TGS in Japan. You can use Google for more information, I'm lazy.

dmaster out.

Afro: Here's an image of what the 3DS looks like with the additional circle pad:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo-3DS-Dual-Circle-Pad-Add-On.jpg

EDIT: I also just read that the new expansion gives R1, R2, L1, and L2 buttons for easier game play.

Guy89 said:
Afro: Here's an image of what the 3DS looks like with the additional circle pad:

http://cdn.gamerant.com/wp-content/uploads/Nintendo-3DS-Dual-Circle-Pad-Add-On.jpg
Oh okay, that looks pretty neat. But how exactly would that help? I guess it would only be great for certain games because going back and forth between buttons and circle pads seems annoying (not that I wouldn't be able to do it). Oh, just saw your edit, that's pretty awesome. Extra buttons is never a bad thing. =P Probably going to be especially helpful in let's say a FPS game.

Pokemon Rumble blast!!!!!!! and Ocarina of Time are must games on my list (or Kid Icarus Uprising) it's not the games that are out it's the game that are coming out that made me get a 3ds XD the graphics are so cool too, bye bye pixelated Link and pokemon XD hello graphics of awesomeness :p I'm glad nintendo dropped the price too so I used to rate the 3ds 7.10 (because of battery life and price) now 9/10 (battery life need improvement but hey who honestly cares :p)

I want that new Devil Survivor : Overclocked game.
I also want BlazBlue, Kingdom Hearts and Kid Icarus.
But the last two don't come out until later this year.

Did Kingdom Hearts get a release date?! When is it?

I'm looking forward to Kingdom Hearts, Paper Mario and Pokemon Rumble

Oops. No. I meant only Kid Icarus, not Kingdom Hearts. I have nada clue when that comes out.

Waaahhh...When will they reveal the release date for Paper Malleo?
I´m really looking forward to it. (Aside Pokémon Rumble Blast)

There are so many great/worth getting games coming out. My favorites are probably: Mario Kart 5, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion. But there are other good/decent games like: That new Super Mario 3D game, Kid Icarus, and Star Fox 64 3D. I wasn't too interested in Star Fox at first but I saw a preview for it and the 3D+New graphics looked pretty awesome.

Isn't it Mario Kart 7?
Anyway Here's The Full List:
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kid Icarus : Uprising
  • Mario Kart 7
  • Blazblue
  • Devil Survivor : Overclocked
  • Super Mario 3DS

~Yeah~

just the fact that the e-shop is going to have lots of old classics that the dsi didn't is making me jumpy (like Link's Awaking DX one of the only LoZ games I haven't play yet....)

Afro-G said:
Where'd all of this news come from? Just wanted to know because I would like to keep up with 3DS news but I'm not sure where to look. A Super Mario 3DS demo sounds awesome. Also, what's this second circle pad thing? Do we have any pictures of it?
The Monster Hunter and second circle pad news came out of a Famitsu leak. Ace Attorney, Yoshi 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land demo, etc. was a possibly reputable rumor from a Japanese forum, I think. As for 3DS news... I personally use Nintendo Life and Nintendo 3DS Blog.

Snurkee said:
The 3DS looks amazing, but they have barely any games for it. :(
Ocarina of Time 3D. Star Fox. Donkey Kong '94. Link's Awakening DK. 4 superb games, within a span of 5 months. Summer is always slow, barring one or two major games. But the Fall rush begins tomorrow, friend. Star Fox, Kirby Mass Attack, Professor Layton, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Bit.Trip SAGA. Probably more that I'm forgetting. Also, almost every 3rd party game has been delayed until 2012, so.

Chariblaze said:
The Monster Hunter and second circle pad news came out of a Famitsu leak. Ace Attorney, Yoshi 3DS, Super Mario 3D Land demo, etc. was a possibly reputable rumor from a Japanese forum, I think. As for 3DS news... I personally use Nintendo Life and Nintendo 3DS Blog.

Ocarina of Time 3D. Star Fox. Donkey Kong '94. Link's Awakening DK. 4 superb games, within a span of 5 months. Summer is always slow, barring one or two major games. But the Fall rush begins tomorrow, friend. Star Fox, Kirby Mass Attack, Professor Layton, Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Bit.Trip SAGA. Probably more that I'm forgetting. Also, almost every 3rd party game has been delayed until 2012, so.

really it's all coming out tomorrow O.O YAYYYYYYYYYY!!! (sorry for caps :p) I'm going to have to get Kirby Mario Kart Super Mario etc *looks at wallet, then at games, then at pokemon cards* this is going to be a hard decision :/ lol

dmaster said:
So Monster Hunter is coming to the 3DS.

Along with a second circle pad accessory that attaches to a 3DS (!!).

Nintendo is going to be making more announcements (presumably), which might include Yoshi on the 3DS, possibly Phoenix Wright, as well as talking about the Four Swords game that's coming and a Super Mario 3DS demo. Thoughts on all of this? :eek:

dmaster out.

That's cool. But I think the second cricle pad will make it feel more like a consule controller. :\ Anyway, New Super Mario will be lots of fun!

Afro-G said:

I know Games Rader is good. They also have Nintendo Week, a pod cast, that talks nothing but Nintendo stuff. They usally are able to fill you in on info about upcoming stuff

Edit: I can't wait for Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D, and Lugi's Masion (<--- A must for me). I really liked the 1st Lugi's Masion game. I hope the game isn't a let down! I hope it's even better than the 1st one~~~ Just thought, maybe (lugi's masion) if they have the paintings of the ghosts you get, they'll look really cool in the 3D. =)

Back