3DS Discussion Thread

Dates are for North America:

Super Mario 3D Land: November 13th, 2011

Mario Kart 7: December 4th, 2011

Does anyone know when the 10 free GBA downloads will be available? I've looked online but couldn't find any answers. I thought it was going to be before the end of the year, but time keeps ticking...

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
Does anyone know when the 10 free GBA downloads will be available? I've looked online but couldn't find any answers. I thought it was going to be before the end of the year, but time keeps ticking...

it's already happened xP

I asked the same question on Y/A awhile back and it was only meant for those who paid $250 for it (do it happened right before the price change.... early August and ended about a week later....)

PsychedelicBreakfast said:

You have the same info as us all. No news for them since the NES games.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
it's already happened xP

I asked the same question on Y/A awhile back and it was only meant for those who paid $250 for it (do it happened right before the price change.... early August and ended about a week later....)

I bought it before the price change, at Walmart, so I got it cheaper anyway. And no, it hasn't happened. The 10 free NES games were released a while back but for now we're all still waiting for the next set of free games. Wish they'd hurry it along already. Guess I should just buy Super Mario 3D Land to pass the time.

lolz... i've buy it when the 3ds came out! and i got still profit =D the 3ds only was 200 Euro... and i buyed a game with it for just 50 euro! but because i buy them so early... i could download free 10 snes games on the 3ds =D and there are coming 10 games from te gameboy 2! all for free! so if u gonna calculate how many that downloads are... you make a lot of profit!!

but i got a question too:
if you gonna play on the dsi you only need the internet connection to go on wifi with pokemon white/black... is this olso with the 3ds games??? because i got problems with wifi with the older games then pokemon white/black...

For christmas Im getting my bf a 3DS and one game. He gave me a list of a few that he would like. The problem is I dont know which to get since i dont play myself. can someone help me please?

here is the list:Legend Of Zelda (ocarina of time), Mario kart, Star Fox 64 or Super Mario 3D Land.

Does he like Zelda games? If he does, OoT would be a great choice IMO. Especially if he doesn't own Ocarina for the N64.

pokemon99 said:
Does he like Zelda games? If he does, OoT would be a great choice IMO. Especially if he doesn't own Ocarina for the Nes.

It's on the N64, not the Nes.

If you could tell me what kind of games he likes, it would be more easy, but if I were blind shopping for 3DS games on Christmas, I'd have to choose between OOT and MK7.

don't forget the GC collector's edition of OoT! xD

I think if he's never played Ocarina before get him that he should love it ^^

MK7 is getting alot of hype and I can blame it, it looks like a great game but you can hold back for a little bit if he really loves Mario Kart wii

Starfox 64 Do A barrel Roll! XD idk personally I've never played it before :/

Super Mario Land 3D sounds like it's on par with OoT to me xP

hope I helped ^^

redheadcutie said:
For christmas Im getting my bf a 3DS and one game. He gave me a list of a few that he would like. The problem is I don't know which to get since i don't play myself. can someone help me please?

here is the list:Legend Of Zelda (ocarina of time), Mario kart, Star Fox 64 or Super Mario 3D Land.

Go with Mario Kart, when in doubt. Single card play and online multiplayer will last a long time.

Super Mario and Zelda are very good choices, but Mario Kart should come first. As for Starfox, I'd make it your last choice. It doesn't add as much content as Zelda, it's relatively short in general, and a lot of the fun is in multiplayer.

One more thing: If you're willing to go to Best Buy on Black Friday, they will have two 3DS bundles, one red with Super Mario, one black (it might be the nifty Zelda branded 3DS, but the leaked ad scans are a little too blurry to tell) with Zelda. Both cost $180, $10 above the normal cost. A pretty good deal.

Thanks to everyone who help me!!! I think im going to go with mario kart. oh and thanks chariblaze for telling me about Best Buys Black Friday deal. Im so going.

robin981 said:
lolz... i've buy it when the 3ds came out! and i got still profit =D the 3ds only was 200 Euro... and i buyed a game with it for just 50 euro! but because i buy them so early... i could download free 10 snes games on the 3ds =D and there are coming 10 games from te gameboy 2! all for free! so if u gonna calculate how many that downloads are... you make a lot of profit!!

but i got a question too:
if you gonna play on the dsi you only need the internet connection to go on wifi with pokemon white/black... is this olso with the 3ds games??? because i got problems with wifi with the older games then pokemon white/black...

ahmmm.... my question?? xD

I'm a little confused, but I think you're saying that you use WPA for your router security (B/W have the capabilities to use WPA when on a DSi). WPA will work with B/W and any 3DS game (like Mario Kart).

Is it just me, or do normal ds games have horrible quality and are reduced in size on the 3ds?

Hazz said:
Is it just me, or do normal ds games have horrible quality and are reduced in size on the 3ds?

It seemed like that to me when I played Dragon Quest 9, Pokemon Black and Mario Kart DS on mine.

I don't about horrible quality, but it isn't just you. The 3DS has a higher resolution than any DS, so it blows up any image it gets from a game to fit that resolution. If you want to use the original resolution, albeit with a smaller screen size, hold Start OR Select when starting a DS game (I thought it was and for a while. Very hard to do all three).

so I got myself some 3ds money for the eshop and I was wondering which game is better, Super mario land, or super mario land 2: 6 golden coins?

Both are excellent, but Super Mario Land 2 is beefier, and shares some qualities with Super Mario World. I'd go with it first, unless you want the shorter, tinier Goombaness, and sea and sky levels that is Super Mario Land.

Back