3DS Discussion Thread

Teal said:
SotS said:
I wanna' play Animal Crossing around Christmas, not next year. ;-;
Why don't you just play the older games, they aren't that different... Wii was pretty much a carbon copy of DS.

(Now that I can post again.. The site wouldn't scroll down all the way to the posting area for some reason.)

Let's just say that the Wii version was the most disappointing Animal Crossing ever for someone like me who played easily 1000~ hours of Wild World... And while I still visit my old towns time from time, I really do want a new game as it's now been seven years since the last NEW one. They are all alike, but the new one changes the game much more than any previous installment. So I think I can safely say that the new game won't be the same.

Also, part of me just wants to play with friends again. On an Animal Crossing forum I go to almost no one plays Wild World anymore. Most everyone there will be getting the new one though. So I'll finally be able to play with them again, and that's really what I'm excited for I guess.

Is there any talk of multicolored 3DS XLs? I am growing tired of holding out :x

Just buy a 3DS XL and put some stickers on it. Not only will it be multicolored, but people will think you're some sort of Sticker Star Hipster.

don()shinobi said:
Just buy a 3DS XL and put some stickers on it. Not only will it be multicolored, but people will think you're some sort of Sticker Star Hipster.

Great. Now I want to go out and do that. Though I don't have Sticker Star so it'd be kinda' pointless.

From what I've heard though, I don't believe so. Personally the multicolored screens bugged me on the original systems, they were just.. ughOCDstopitandplay.

So... where's all the good games? I mean, don't get me wrong, we've got a few neat games for 3DS so far (like Super Mario 3D Land, and um....), but I'm kind of wondering the same thing that I am for the Wii U. Where are all of the big name titles? Where's Kirby? Where's Metroid? Where's Donkey Kong? Where's Yoshi? Where are all of those games? IMO, it's kind of saddening that we haven't seen at least one big name title for over a year now (except NSMB2, which is too much of a rehash anyway).

Well, Paper Mario just came out...

And Professor Layton is a pretty successful handheld series that came out too. Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are probably coming out next year. It's not like the system has nothing (the Wii U on the other hand...uggh barf).

dmaster out.

dmaster said:
Well, Paper Mario just came out...

And Professor Layton is a pretty successful handheld series that came out too. Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are probably coming out next year. It's not like the system has nothing (the Wii U on the other hand...uggh barf).

dmaster out.

Well yeah, and those titles are okay, but what about some of the bigger names in Nintendo (Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc.)? We haven't seen much of them yet, which I find kind of odd. Don't get me wrong, the 3DS' library is okay right now, but I'd like to see some, you know, better stuff out there. Kind of like with the Wii U (I actually like some of the Wii U's launch titles, but again, not too much to get excited about). Nintendo definitely hasn't been bringing their A game in terms of games so far this gen.

^ Kid Icarus: Uprising, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario Sticker Star (or whatever it's called) Ocarina of Time 3D (if you count remakes) Starfox 64 3D (again if you count remakes) and finally, Pokemon Rumble Blast.

Don't try and tell me that these aren't "Bigger nintendo names" cause it wont work on me :p lol

also in a couple years we'll be getting Super Smash Brothers 4....

The Pikachu Mafia said:
^ Kid Icarus: Uprising, New Super Mario Bros. 2, Super Mario 3D land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario Sticker Star (or whatever it's called) Ocarina of Time 3D (if you count remakes) Starfox 64 3D (again if you count remakes) and finally, Pokemon Rumble Blast.

Don't try and tell me that these aren't "Bigger nintendo names" cause it wont work on me :p lol

also in a couple years we'll be getting Super Smash Brothers 4....

Kid Icarus isn't (yet), it's only recently seen a comeback so I can't quite call it "big" just yet.
And I'm not counting remakes, so that leaves us with 3D Land, MK7, NSMB2, Paper Mario, and Rumble Blast, most of which came out closer to launch. Either way, not much variety there, both of them are titles that we get a lot of anyway (Mario and Pokemon). So yeah, not very impressive there. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stupid enough to expect them to release 50 AAA titles right within the launch year, but I was expecting slightly more than what we got. You know, something to keep me excited throughout the next year. Nothing coming out on either the 3DS or Wii U is doing that.

Kid Icarus is a big name in Nintendo. Just because it's old doesn't mean it isn't.

From my Activity Log (exempting all DS games)...

Kid Icarus Uprising
Mario Kart 7
Tales of the Abyss
Kingdom Hearts 3D [Dream Drop Distance]
Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition
Ocarina of Time 3D
Theatrhyhtm Final Fantasy
New Super Mario Bros 2
Pilotwings Resort
PUSHMO PUSHMO PUSHMO PUSHMO PU- You get the point.
Nintendogs + Cats
Super Mario 3D Land
Mario Tennis Open
Rhyhm Thief and the Emperor's Treasure
MUTANT MUDDS M- Okay I won't do that again.
Dillon's Rolling Western
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword
Rising Board 3D
The Denpa Men

(In order from Activity Log Play Time; these aren't in order of favorite)

And next year we have:

Luigi's Mansion 2
Animal Crossing
Monster Hunter Ultimate

For sure. Let's not forget that there's also an E3 next year to build that list. Though with those last two I've got about 600~ hours easy so I'm good. :p Also worth keeping in mind is that, while yes DS games do look a bit fuzzy, there's a HUGE list of games to buy.

The part I find funniest though is that people are still complaining about the lack of games. Did anyone else here get the thing at launch? Now THOSE were some painful months. I dubbed my 3DS the '3D Brick' for most of it's early life. :X

I didn't get it at the launch, because then the game library actually sucked (really street fighter was probably the best game they had at the time and the eshop wasn't even open if I recall correctly) I got my 3ds after the price fell, starfox and OoT were released, and when we got the eshop (so in short I got mine in August when I could buy good 3ds games to tie me over until MK7, SM3DL etc. etc.)

Bolt the Cat said:
Well yeah, and those titles are okay, but what about some of the bigger names in Nintendo (Zelda, Kirby, Metroid, Donkey Kong, etc.)? We haven't seen much of them yet, which I find kind of odd. Don't get me wrong, the 3DS' library is okay right now, but I'd like to see some, you know, better stuff out there. Kind of like with the Wii U (I actually like some of the Wii U's launch titles, but again, not too much to get excited about). Nintendo definitely hasn't been bringing their A game in terms of games so far this gen.

You're comparing apples to oranges. The 3DS selection of games smokes the Wii U's launch titles out of the literal water. There is nothing more high quality coming to the Wii U at least for a few months until Pikmin 3. How and why you would like rehashed games with a pad support (and yes NSMBU is in this category) as opposed to brand new concepts in 3DS games that have come out the last year baffles me.

Basically what I'm saying is your logic is confusing and the 3DS has fantastic games especially compared to the Wii U launch.

dmaster out.

Yeah we got the Wii U, and it's cool right now. But in a month I'm sure we'll be looking for something to play on it since there's honestly not too much on it now. Pikmin 3 OR Rayman Legends at launch would have remedied it completely. Oh well.

But the 3DS gets Crashmo Thursday, so I'm good! Anyone else plan on buying it?

The Pikachu Mafia said:
> Pokemon Rumble Blast
> Don't try and tell me that these aren't "Bigger nintendo names" cause it wont work on me lol
> names
Yeah, name. Exactly. Name.

PS: Of course I'm getting Crashmo (wtf) Fallblox.

Lawl. The Pushmo/Pullblox, Crashmo/Fallblox name difference is definitely strange. Though this IS Nintendo. You know, the ones who had 'Animal Crossing: City Folk' in the US and, 'Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City!' in Europe.

You guys also forgot about Fire Emblem: Awakening coming out 2013, too. That's another big Nintendo name, or at least big enough to make its way into Smash Bros... And there's also the new pokemon game, Pokemon Fushigi no Dungeon ~Magnagate to Mugendai no Meikyuu~, that's out in 3 days! :D

Teal said:
I am implying that Pokémon is a big name, but SPR is a bad game.

Ah. I wouldn't label it bad, but overpriced, sure. The WiiWare version had local multiplayer going for it, at least.

Back