(5) BW Anime / New Pokemon, TCG Commercial, Shiny Beasts in 13th Movie, Who Creates New Pokemon, Ash

RE: (5) BW Anime / New Pokemon, TCG Commercial, Shiny Beasts in 13th Movie, Who Creates New Pokemon, Ash's Pikachu Downl

Fire_Master said:
Yeah, since everyone can clearly tell that Smugleaf is the blue one, right? :p

;p So cheeky. Why, any cheekier and you might just crack.

I really do hope they explain the evil team this next issue but I'm not so positive now, as the "investigation" bit sounds more likely. I guess we'll have to wait a couple of more weeks.

RE: (5) BW Anime / New Pokemon, TCG Commercial, Shiny Beasts in 13th Movie, Who Creates New Pokemon, Ash's Pikachu Downl

gud spekulayshun is gud

Anyway, I really don't like Wotter's new evolution. It looks a bit too anorexic and looks more like a cat than an otter. It's stance seems a bit like Marshtomp's. This will have to grow on me just like Wotter did.

Heading to Smugleaf's evo! I really like what Game Freak/Ken Sugimori did with this guy. It's very similar to the original Smugleaf... but it's becoming a bit more snakey. The arms are going away... and so are the legs. Maybe it will not have legs and arms in the final evo. Also the thing sticking out from the back of its head, Charmeleon had that too. Could this be Ken Sugimori's new way of saying it will be similar to Charizard? I hope so :p. I also hope it won't be a complete rip off.

The little thing that looks like Ononokusu looks like the Larvitar, Bagon, and Gible of this Generation. I think this will be a three stage (two evolution) Pokémon. But if this is the case... Ononokusu doesn't look as badass as T-Tar, Mence, and Garchomp.

I can't say anything about Koffing/Zubat, not clear enough artwork.

I am very ticked off at not having the female heroine. I REALLY, REALLY hope that she play's a big role though. She's the only heroine who I liked right off the bat when I saw her. Sadly, seems like the male protagonist won't do too much since Ash's clothes are similar to his.

Thanks for reading my essay, I appreciate it.
EDIT: Not really an essay.

I agree that the Pokemon these days do not look like what a pokemon should look like. They look like Yugioh or Bakugan. Its stupid.

FuzWuz said:
Anyway, I really don't like Wotter's new evolution. It looks a bit too anorexic and looks more like a cat than an otter. It's stance seems a bit like Marshtomp's. This will have to grow on me just like Wotter did.

1259070635810.jpg

No, but really, it looks otterific enough to me. Why do you say it's stance is like Marshtomp's? Marshtomp is all pudgy and huggable, that thing looks vicious and ready to strike. And thats just with body language.

Pokabu97 said:
I agree that the Pokemon these days do not look like what a pokemon should look like. They look like Yugioh or Bakugan. Its stupid.

I find statements like these hilarious because it's full of so much BS. Can you please explain to me what a Pokemon is supposed to look like? A Pokemon is a creature that appears in the series of Pokemon. That's it. Just because you aren't fond of their designs doesn't mean they aren't Pokemon. That's your opinion. You imagine what you want a Pokemon to look like and then when it doesn't happen you say like fact that the new Pokemon don't look like Pokemon. People it's perfectly fine if you don't like the new Pokemon but don't use BS reason like this and stuff like they look like yugioh or bakugan as an excuse. You just make yourself look stupid.

Chimchar15 said:
I find statements like these hilarious because it's full of so much BS. Can you please explain to me what a Pokemon is supposed to look like? A Pokemon is a creature that appears in the series of Pokemon. That's it. Just because you aren't fond of their designs doesn't mean they aren't Pokemon. That's your opinion. You imagine what you want a Pokemon to look like and then when it doesn't happen you say like fact that the new Pokemon don't look like Pokemon. People it's perfectly fine if you don't like the new Pokemon but don't use BS reason like this and stuff like they look like yugioh or bakugan as an excuse. You just make yourself look stupid.

Besides, apparently what pokemon look like changes every generation with the design team. I think that's cool, but I home the 2nd generation design team specifically does not happen again. :D

Pokabu97 said:

I know right? Pokemon Dragons look SO MUCH like Yugioh ones that..
d183fb29d0756f94024ebc0184e01f36.png

Oh wait.. never mind.

Some people really can't back themselves up. Take your nostalgia glasses off that blinds you.

Nostalgia Blind Person: OMG look at Gear! IT'S TWO GEARS FLOATING! EWW!
---
You can say the same for a Magnemite, a floating magnet...
---
Nostalgia Blind Person: OMG look at Reshiram and Zekrom! THEY HAVE A TORCH AND A GENERATOR SHOVED UP THEIR ASS! EWW!
---
You can say the same for everyone's beloved Pikachu, with a lightning bolt up its butt.

I agree that Pokémon aren't as simplistic as it was before, but that doesn't make them worse. They need to grow on you... stop saying idiotic comments without backing them up.

Less simple pokemon are a good thing sometimes. I mean, if Ariados and the electric tarantula had extremely simple designs, they'd just look a lot like replicas. But if you have more out there and original designs, there's more room to make it different. And I like that.

cocowoushi said:
I know right? Pokemon Dragons look SO MUCH like Yugioh ones that..
d183fb29d0756f94024ebc0184e01f36.png

Oh wait.. never mind.
da pokemanz win!

i wonder when the official artwork for any of the pokemon that dont have any yet will come out.

im kinda feeling sorry for the snake thing. I might pick him now that everyone is going hateful on him. i accualy for the first time dont like 1 of the new pokemon. i always fall inlove with everything, but the zubat koffing thing. i bet it will be just as annoying as zubat and koffing.

dwarfstar123 said:
i wonder when the official artwork for any of the pokemon that don't have any yet will come out.

im kinda feeling sorry for the snake thing. I might pick him now that everyone is going hateful on him. i accualy for the first time don't like 1 of the new pokemon. i always fall inlove with everything, but the zubat koffing thing. i bet it will be just as annoying as zubat and koffing.

Pokemon Sunday, hopefully. We'll know on saturday. =D

I honestly have never given up hope on Snivy. =P Until there's a fighting starter, I am going Grass unless the starter is so horrific that it's unbearable. Like, if they all are Mijumaru-esque from beginning to end.

What makes you think Zubat is annoying? My paralysis keeps me from understanding what you mean by that.

ugh i just dont get it their changing the characters AND the name! i mean really what wrong
with them

Put that image in your Signature, not posts.

dmaster out.

I feel that a lot of people are overreacting to the new designs :/

I honestly, really love these designs, and I've been a fan since the start of the series. It gives more to the "Monster" feel of "Pocket Monster" I felt they were getting too cutesy compared to the way they had originally designed them in the first game (seriously, look at the sprites from generation 1, they were kinda freaky and more Monster-like).

It makes it feel more like the monster RPG it was meant to be, that's my opinion.

GraveTheUndead said:
It makes it feel more like the monster RPG it was meant to be, that's my opinion.

THIS.

This is why I still play Pokemon, because with each generation the cutesy stuff becomes more and more optional.

I look at my party, I see the stuff you could find in a monster-hunter RPG. A Dusknoir. A Metagross. A Scizor. The not-cute-in-the-least stuff.

It's probably why I'm liking this generation.

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Well the thing is when people start using fan names to refer to actual yet-to-be-given an english name pokemon, some take this as actual names, confusing others. I guess it would be the younger crowd mostly. It's not the great of a deal, but it can lead to a big mess. Don't get me wrong I like Wotter, not so much Smugleaf though. I just think it be better if people used the correct names.

No offense, but I don't think most people would care if some take them for the actual names. At least I don't, but in an English-speaking forum, people would actually know who we're talking about when we say "Smugleaf" instead of Tsutaja (which derives from ivy and snake in Japanese). This is especially true for the most recently released Pokémon.

Sharkopath said:
No offense, but I don't think most people would care if some take them for the actual names. At least I don't, but in an English-speaking forum, people would actually know who we're talking about when we say "Smugleaf" instead of Tsutaja (which derives from ivy and snake in Japanese). This is especially true for the most recently released Pokémon.

It takes me forever to memorize those japanese names. I can pronounce them no problem, but like most native english speakers, I'd prefer an english name like CROCODUNE or the like to call them by.

Majora_787 said:
It takes me forever to memorize those japanese names. I can pronounce them no problem, but like most native english speakers, I'd prefer an english name like CROCODUNE or the like to call them by.

The problem is that you're assigning them yet another title. With so many (assuming) new pokemon coming out, it'll be difficult to keep ONE name straight. English name makes two. Fan name ramps it up to make THREE names per pokemon. 3 x 150 (guess) = 450 where it could have been 300. Waaaaaaaay too much.

I like tsutaaja's evo... that bat thing is just horribly stupid! Why did they make it? Its design is so ugly... But it seems these games won't have infested caves of zubat & golbat...

the anime girl is just ridiculous, I mean, her hair... Hikari was much better IMO...

Ash's Pikachu is almost identical to Red's Pikachu in HGSS which is understandable although Ash's Pikachu isn't holding any Light Ball in the anime...

Through research I found out that "Coro Coro" comes from the Japanese term koro koro meaning thick, fat, small, or as a generic term of cuteness. Mori literally means forest in Japanese. So Coromori's name roughly translates to "Cute/Small Forest". I'm guessing it will be found in the vast woodland that covers Isshu. I am unsure about the "coro" part, but it makes sense to me since it is a cute little puffball with a beak and bat wings. It will probably be nocturnal.

Back