(6) Red Collection, Emerging Powers, BW Kit, BW17 Ducklett, Plasma Eps Skipped [6/30]

Wow. A lot of TCG news today. I like the new Red collection cards and the new tins that are coming out soon. Will we get the episodes that were skipped in Japan or will they not be aired until Japan airs them first?:)

Almost forgot there is a counter to Archeops, just send Leavanny to the Lost Zone and have Mew Prime use it's first attack for 1 Colorless. It's basically Darkness Grace similiar to Spiritomb AR except that it costs 1 energy instead of nothing. Incase you don't know what I'm talking about here's the card:

003-black.jpg

Leavanny

{G} – HP130

Stage 2 – Evolves from Swadloon

{C} Raise Up: Choose 1 Evolution card that Evolves from 1 of your Pokemon from your deck, and play it on top of that Pokemon to Evolve it. Shuffle your deck afterward.
{G}{C} X-Scissor: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 50 damage.

Weakness: {R} (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Card Slinger J said:
Almost forgot there is a counter to Archeops, just send Leavanny to the Lost Zone and have Mew Prime use it's first attack for 1 Colorless. It's basically Darkness Grace similiar to Spiritomb AR except that it costs 1 energy instead of nothing. Incase you don't know what I'm talking about here's the card:

003-black.jpg

Leavanny

{G} – HP130

Stage 2 – Evolves from Swadloon

{C} Raise Up: Choose 1 Evolution card that Evolves from 1 of your Pokemon from your deck, and play it on top of that Pokemon to Evolve it. Shuffle your deck afterward.
{G}{C} X-Scissor: 30 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 50 damage.

Weakness: {R} (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

That's a really nice tech for Mewgar...great. Now I've got some thinking to do.

All these articles showed me is that basics will again rule the format like SP did. Zekrom will benefit ridiculously from catcher and evolite is just an added bonus. On top of that varients using basic pokemon can tech and/or use archeops to completely frustrate their opponent. On top of all that they give beartics pretty good attack to a basic with better stats (except -10 HP) and +30 damage! People are underestimating Cobalion but I can't think of any tier 1 decks that don't have a 2+ retreat cost. Plus with evolite/special metal/and defender in format it will be next to impossible to kill (yes reshiram can do it). Throw in Vileplume and now switch is useless. I do not like where these cards are taking the format.. but i will be trading for some FA zekroms cause that deck isn't going anywhere... Plus elektrik has thyplosions power except better (no damage) so the late game isn't a problem for zekrom anymore... *builds zekrom*

Card Slinger J said:
But even though Archen/Archeops are technically Fossil Pokemon it seems as though they are being made to where they are not the victim of Trainer-Lock anymore like they were in the past especially when Platinum Base Set was just released and Rampardos was seeing some competitive play until Platinum: Arceus
was released and Spiritomb AR killed Rampardos because of Keystone Seal.

So instead of playing Fossils as Trainer - Item cards to evolve into Stage 1 Fossil Pokemon they might just make them like regular Pokemon to evolve normally which wouldn't surprise me considering that Archeops doesn't evolve from a Fossil it evolves from a Pokemon being Archen which happens to be a Basic Pokemon. Whether If Archen can only be played through a Trainer - Item Fossil is anyone's guess but it would just make Archeops be played like a Stage 2 when it's really a Stage 1.

I don't get why Japan rotated from LEGEND to BW-On, I thought LEGEND-Onwards was going to be the world format for Modified (HGSS-On for outside Japan). BW-On is too severe of a cut of sets, it's bad enough when for our Modified format we are losing 7 sets instead of 4 where Japan is losing a total of 6 sets for their rotation where they are losing LEGEND HGSS, Expert Deck Leafeon vs. Metagross,
the Battle Starter Decks, Revived Legends, Lost Link, and Clash at the Summit altogether.

BW-on for Japan is great. It lessens disruption by trainer and evolve lock. Besides, they were able to play with LEGEND sets -ONLY pre-BW so they can adapt unlike us outside Japan who constantly whine and moan whenever something we don't like happens.

Also Vileplume-Archeops is dumb. They are both Stage 2s and if you get Archeops out first, you have to Candy the Gloom and if you get the Vileplume out first, you're locking yourself from playing down the fossil. What a way to screw your own self.

There's a mistranslation for Super Rod. You can actually grab up to 3 combo of POKEMON and BASIC ENERGY and shuffle them into your deck. It's basically the new Night Maintenance.

Freakmasta said:
There's a mistranslation for Super Rod. You can actually grab up to 3 combo of POKEMON and BASIC ENERGY and shuffle them into your deck. It's basically the new Night Maintenance.

Not to insult you, but if you're right...that's amazing!

Ryah (Bangiras) has been in China for the past two weeks, so I've had to rely on other people to translate the cards or have had to do them myself. Looks like he's right, though!

I just read Cofagrigus and it looks like it would work well with Reuniclus if you could get them out in time. Move all of your damage counters onto a benched Pokemon that can take it, and then easily KO the defending Pokemon. Healing huge amounts of damage from everyone will be great. I want to run it as a rogue deck. :)

Night Maintenance was never banned.

I'm really digging Virizion's artwork. Sure, it's not the best as a card itself, but he looks epic. Cobalion's second attack is interesting. Unfortunately, it's rather easy to get around with Switch and simply Retreating.

Well, uh... at least you don't have to worry about a Tirtouga/Archen start? >.>

But really, only 7 to look through? You basically need to draw through your deck, and then have cards like Pokemon Communication to put any drawn Revived Pokemon back into your deck, and *then* use the fossil cards for best results.

Well, now we know why they gave Archeops and Carracosta such good abilities. :p

Pretty upset about the indefinite postponement of the R vs P episodes. It caused a huge discontinuity in the plot (from Ash + friends flying off in a helicopter right to them walking north with Bianca).

Snorchu said:
Pretty upset about the indefinite postponement of the R vs P episodes. It caused a huge discontinuity in the plot (from Ash + friends flying off in a helicopter right to them walking north with Bianca).

It has happened before. The capture of his Taurus herd was skipped.

Well at the end of BW22 yesterday, The Narrator says that while Professor Juniper investigates the energy source, Ash will be focusing on the Venipede and his Gym Battle....They proabaly did that knowing when they dubbed this episode, that the 2 following episodes would not air right now.....So they had to avoid some plotholes by getting the viewers to focus on Ash's Gym Battle and not what's going on with the energy source.

I think that Mienshao has a mistake... The translation states that Feint needs one Fighting energy, but on the card it shows one colorless.

I'm pretty disappointed in the amount of tools basics gain in this set. The evolution block can't be stopped unless you run your own Archeops line in evolution decks which doesn't make sense, and Pokemon Catcher will really hurt the evolution decks. I think the legend basics with a ton of HP will rule the format and Archeops will take away most of the current top decks. I see Zekrom being the most successful deck in the new format, with an Archeops line. Too bad, I really liked where the format seemed to be heading.

Back