(9) Lots o' News [11/3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for "catching them all", I'm currently working on filling out the grandiose National Pokedex in Pokemon WHITE.

To do so, I played Platinum and Emerald versions for the first time, as well as buying HeartGold new two weeks before BW released.

So it's been about 8 months now and I've finally beaten each of the games, collected all the catch-able Legendaries, and have began to grab all the little this-and-thats after constructing a list on notebook paper of the over 200 I'm missing. haha! :D

I was planning to finish by New Year's but, with Zelda coming out in 7 days...
---

On topic: I ordered a handful of NV packs off of eBay and I hope they come in before Thrs.

Ty_Sylicus said:
As for "catching them all", I'm currently working on filling out the grandiose National Pokedex in Pokemon WHITE.

To do so, I played Platinum and Emerald versions for the first time, as well as buying HeartGold new two weeks before BW released.

So it's been about 8 months now and I've finally beaten each of the games, collected all the catch-able Legendaries, and have began to grab all the little this-and-thats after constructing a list on notebook paper of the over 200 I'm missing. haha! :D

I was planning to finish by New Year's but, with Zelda coming out in 7 days...
---

On topic: I ordered a handful of NV packs off of eBay and I hope they come in before Thrs.
How can they arrive before they are released? I'm just going to Target and buying a bunch of packs on Thursday, wich is in 3 days!!! I'm so excited for Noble Victories. Out of all this stuff for the TCG that was posted, Noble Victories is the best! :D

Pokefan4000 said:
This made me laugh so hard. Not only was the grammar and spelling terrible, but you have everything wrong.
The slogan simply faded out over time. It is possible, even to this day, to obtain at least 1 of every single Pokémon on one game cartridge, whether legitimately or not. You CAN "catch them all".
Not only that, but your next post says that you have almost all of them. What stops you from getting the rest?

I don't have all the games. It's impossible if you don't. Plus, it's hard to get stuff you haven't seen off of the GTS, beacause IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. It was late so I had a few errors. Everyone does. Why do you have to be acting rude, anyway? It didn't "fade out". Like others said, it WAS discontinued. Plus I'm 11, so I'm not some sort of expert speller.

Zekrom Black said:
I don't have all the games. It's impossible if you don't. Plus, it's hard to get stuff you haven't seen off of the GTS, beacause IT'S IMPOSSIBLE. It was late so I had a few errors. Everyone does. Why do you have to be acting like a jerk, anyway? It didn't "fade out". Like others said, it WAS discontinued. Plus I'm 11, so I'm not some sort of expert speller.
I have to disagree. I have successfully maxed out my White Pokedex using only my Black, White, and HeartGold games. Everything else was based on trading online. I am missing the three unobtainable Pokemon, but otherwise, I own all Pokemon in the Pokedex without any hacking. Aren't I cool? :p

As far as "gotta catch 'em all", it was phased out during third gen. When the transition came from Gameboy Color to Gameboy Advanced, it was impossible to transfer Pokemon from Gold/Silver/Crystal to Ruby/Sapphire. The slogan appeared on the box art of all original games, and on the prerelease pictures of the Ruby/Sapphire box art, but in the actual release, it was missing from the Box Art. In Ruby/Sapphire, it was impossible to "catch 'em all" plus it was becoming a big task to do, so it was a tiny bit more discouraged. Moreover, that was around the time that "gotta buy 'em all" was becoming a catch phrase for any Pokemon-haters. IDK if that affected it at all... but it is some interesting trivia. Finally, critics were starting to complain about how big of a challenge "catching 'em all" was, so it was taken out of the series to make critics a bit more happy. This slogan was not violently ripped out of the series, and they still make allusions to it (such as "see 'em all" on the Black/White webpage), but the actual slogan is nowhere to be found on modern products.

As far as the voting goes, I'd recommend we all vote for Ditto! Its ability is <3 and it is a frickin Ditto... who doesn't want one of those?

My point was that even with the slogan being phased out, there was and still is a lot of Pokémon collectors rather than players. The slogan's existence and prominence in the early days encouraged most kids to go and collect all of the Pokémon. By the time the slogan disappeared, Pokémon as an IP already gained a reputation for collection more so than battling. The one way to reverse this is to make another slogan, but the western branches of Nintendo don't really seem to mind, since collectors bring in more money than battlers.

Impostor Ditto is only good in single battles. I specialize in double and triple battles, where Impostor Ditto is too unreliable. I use a plain old Limber Ditto and it works great for me. That's why I voted Chikorita--I don't need an Impostor Ditto.

Captoats said:
Also, they have released way too many boxes/tins recently. It's making them lose their appeal to anybody who isn't an avid collector (like myself).

I actually quite like the tins. I can put miscellaneous small items in them.

Zero - To complete the Nat.Dex with only those three games must've been a challenge! And what is that "online trading" you are talking about?

Zekrom Black - I suppose the NV packs I ordered were collected from a pre-release. :shy:
Target huh? That's cool! I love that store but, since the vendor only visits the Targets up here once every two weeks, the TCG products are ALWAYS late. :( I just bumped into him last week, which means Target here won't get NV boosters until NEXT Thur...:headbang
Good thing there's a reliable card shop just a block in the other direction! :D Also, the card shop is the only place to buy 4$ boosters. The stores up here have raised the price to 4.29$ since EP. :(

Why do boosters cost less online, yet are more expensive in person?

Mayebe they cost less because you have to wait? I don't know. And online trading is GTS.

Zekrom Black said:
Mayebe they cost less because you have to wait? I don't know. And online trading is GTS.

Not necessarily. You've never been to that second floor in the Pokemon Centers, have you?

Has anyone found ANY of the Prime Challange Boxs? I looked in 2 Wal-Marts and 1 Target and can't find any! (though Target did have NV packs and Worlds decks)

^ I just stocked NV packs and Worlds decks today. While doing so, I saw an old box with Victini on it that read: "Mini portfolio and bonus pack" or something. I wonder if it comes with a booster pack. :rolleyes:

Pokefan4000 said:
Not necessarily. You've never been to that second floor in the Pokemon Centers, have you?
No I haven't. :O Also haven't visited that large "global link" building a friend mentioned today. Guess I just never thought to trade outside of ppl I already know!

On ebay if you type in Prime Challenge Box, and click on one of the two results, the person selling them said that the street date is November 23rd! Now I'm confused, is the release date when they will be avalible in stores the 15th (which in this case, they should have been released already), or the 23rd?

Prime Boxes

I have not found Prime boxes around my area yet... I asked the Store Manager at Target and he said they're getting a shipment on Saturday -- I'll be checking back then.

(11/20/11 addition) -- The Prime boxes did not arrive to the store on Nov 19th as expected... I guess I'll keep checking...

I work at a Walmart and we don't have them at my store either. We don't even have the Noble Victories blisters yet, but we did have the booster packs out on the 16th, so maybe the retail release date for the Prime boxes was incorrect.

I haven't seen the Prime boxes either and I'm the one that stocked the NV blisters and Worlds decks on the 16th. :/

They are on Toywiz. You can get them there (while they are still in stock).
EDIT: They are $19.99, but you can't choose what Prime and evolution chain you get. You can pick between Triumphant and Undaunted, though (they are 2 sepperate items). I'm more in to BW, so I'm not sure if I'm going to get one.

amisheskimoninja said:
Did anyone else notice the winning worlds deck list only has 58 cards? What are the other two?
...wow, this is true. David Cohen's list given on the article only has 58 cards. I counted all the lists and found all the others had 60; David Cohen's is the only anomaly.

THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back