Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Baokki, Genosect v.2, Daikenki v.2, Aaken added.

Xous said:
The program I use (Jasc Paint Shop Pro 9) has a tool that puts a frame around the piece (like a picture frame), and one of those frames is a blurred frame (I guess it's used for a smudged effect). Unfortunately I couldn't just use the frame and be done with it, since the background would be all white instead of transparent. When the program puts the frame on, it puts it on its own Frame Layer, which I converted to a raster layer. Then I pasted the raster layer into the piece as a new selection, positioned it correctly, then cut, leaving the piece with the blurred edges of the frame, but with the transparent background I wanted.

I dont know if your program supports layer masks but that could be used to do your transparent BG effect

Start with pic..
17589417.jpg

Prepare the frame on a separate layer...
22441141.jpg

...then turn the frame black (you can use a colour invert function if your program has one)

On the layer with the pic, create a layer mask set to full opacity (pure white mask). On layer masks, white equals opaque, black equals transparent, shades of grey are semitransparent.

Copy the black frame and paste it into the layer mask (not into the pic itself!)
57550237.jpg

The end result is the intended transparency where you want it to be.
66721645.png

Another advantage of layer masks is that you can also set up the mask beforehand before working on your artwork. It helps prevent unwanted stuff from appearing on regions that are meant to be transparent. My current forum sig for instance uses a rounded rectangle layer mask on every layer of the pic.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Baokki, Genosect v.2, Daikenki v.2, Aaken added.

xD I have no idea if the program has things like that, but I'll refer to this in the future if need be.

I guess I don't take full advantage of the features programs have to offer. D:
---

I've got Pikachu v.2 and Meloetta Step Forme to add to the thread, but I'm going to try to get more art done before then so I can add them all at once.

This should apply to your program I think...
http://www.digitalscrapbookplace.com/university/tutorials/psp_layermasks.shtml

Xous can I use your second Victini avatar for my avvy?

Hey I'm going to use the Cyndaquil Avatar :) Thanks for making all these awesome avatars! lol

May I please use your Palkia artwork and Giratina artwork (your most recent ones for both) for a fake Pokemon card?

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Pikachu v.2, Meloetta (Step), Heatran v.2 added.

pokemaister899 said:
Xous can I use your second Victini avatar for my avvy?

Please read the rules of the thread, then make another post with the correct way to use an avatar from here. Thanks.

And to Gliscor: Sure, that's fine.
---

Added Meloetta Step Forme v.1, Pikachu v.2, and Heatran v.2 to the thread.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Pikachu v.2, Meloetta (Step), Heatran v.2 added.

I'll be using the new Pikachu Avatar.

http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/vv251/ThatMan54/GyaradosAvatarXous2.png

Do you have a staff version this avatar? Thanks.

Heatran's really good. Isn't he intended for Heatran/Gigas LEGEND? I remember seeing some line art for it.

To Mudkip: I believe I do, but I'll have to do a bit of searching for it. If I don't have one, I'll make it. :3

And to Gliscor: Well, the Heatran and Regigigas weren't going to be on the same LEGEND card (they were going to be their own cards), but yes, this is the Heatran that was meant to be used for Heatran LEGEND. I don't think I'll have the time to get around to other LEGEND cards because I can't even find the time to finish Reshiram LEGEND, but if I ever do, I figured Heatran LEGEND would need to be more stylized than this. Like, it'd need to look more craggy and ancient. So I decided to just use the art for Sugimori-style art.

Okay. Thank you. :)

You could just PM me when you're ready if you want.

Yeah, I'll just PM it to you when it's ready. :)
---

Next on my to-do list are Cobalon and Jaroda. I'm also going to try to get Denchura v.2 done.

I'm <3 (lovin') the
025.gif
v2 sprite, it reminds me of "Iron Tail" (when Satoshi/Ash's one was just learning how to use it).
Are you planning to make it into a shiny one?
If so, can I use it (PM me here or on dA when/if you do).

Ah Ok so theres no need to ask permission

So I'm using Victini V2 for my avatar here at Pokebeach

Best avy ever!
using pikachu

Meloetta is really well done. Nice.

Heatran is a little weird in the face, and Pikachu's head is kinda small. Other than that, these are fine.

Great artwork Xous. You did a nice job on the new artwork, though I saw a minor problem. First of all to me Pikachu has a small head and can't really see the nose that well. Besides that you the rest of the artwork is great. Keep it up.

Xous, your avatars are impressive. Keep up the good work. The poses are fantastic as always.

Can't wait to see more.

Back