Best set released so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Most overlooked card in the format?

Not out now but (probably/hopefully) coming out soon is Pokemon Circulator, which I've never seen once mentioned here before, (unlike other Unleashed cards) and can take the place of a mini-SP engine in some decks.... even if it is stopped by Spiritomb. (But Bright Look is stopped by Power Spray, so.....)

Has to be Kabutops LA or any of the fossil Pokemon. If you thought Spiritomb was annoying, how about a Spiritomb player that can use trainers and hit for 70 + spread every turn? With Ampharos + Ampharos this deck can be a beast if it gets to set up. Nowdays, the odds for that are not too good however, which is why it's hardly ever played. It would be fun to make a comeback with these kind of control decks.

Dark Arceus (with Prize Count) is outstanding. It's a pain that Machamp takes down Arceus otherwise I think you'd see more Arceus decks. 80 damage for two is outstanding.

drapion/drapion X. I'm the only one I've seen run it, and with DCE its a really good backup attacker in porygon or flygon.

StealthAngel667 said:
Has to be Kabutops LA or any of the fossil Pokemon. If you thought Spiritomb was annoying, how about a Spiritomb player that can use trainers and hit for 70 + spread every turn? With Ampharos + Ampharos this deck can be a beast if it gets to set up. Nowdays, the odds for that are not too good however, which is why it's hardly ever played. It would be fun to make a comeback with these kind of control decks.

I like your point but just for future reference that would be Kabutops MD, not LA. ;)

Rhyperior from DP and Clefable HGSS. It decks you out really fast, its so annoying. Three mills a turn on the opponent really hurts. SSU also abuses Rhyperior's power.

I think butterfree GE is overlooked, it is a great card.

StealthAngel667 said:

I played it at a BR in assen :p
The problem wasn't spiritomb, you can just use sableye as a starter. but the problem lies within dialga G, not only it blocks your bodies, but it also locks your fossils.
Ran into 2 spiritombs and owned them, but I lost to the only dialga G there :(

^I didn't mean Spiritomb was the problem, I didn't think it would be. Dialga G is a card I haven't seen for a while. It's a viable deck and I think I should be able to prove that in the near future. Other than that, Drapion X is a card I've used a few formats ago (DP-RR) and it was pretty good. I've also seen it quite a few times in the DP-AA formats. It's a fine lock card but Chatot MD is better against Spiritomb.

Snorlax is underused. I like to see Darkrai G. You know, something with sleep.

I almost used a snorlax deck for states, but it's too slow to keep up with luxchomp and gyarados

kentuckyfriedtorchic said:
Magnezone.
Free Retreat, Energy Transfer, Energy Recovery, Search, what more do you want?

Man I love the magnezone cards. And with the prime coming out they might actually see play again :D.

The only problem with the magnezones is you have to have most/all of them out to effectively use them =(

RE: Worst Card in HG/SS (Rare)?

Wobbuffet, Granbull, Smoochum, and Clefable are so bad they make my eyes bleed.

RE: Worst Card in HG/SS (Rare)?

dragonexpert said:
Wobbuffet, Granbull, Smoochum, and Clefable are so bad they make my eyes bleed.

clefable isnt that bad. It works in a rhyfable deck. I think the worst is wobbuffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back