Book Discussion & Review

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
All generic discussion of books that isn't worthy of an independent thread can go here. Discuss a book you've just read, or maybe a book you would like to read sometime in the future. Ask for others opinions regarding a book you have been interested in, and post your opinions in response to books members have been asking about.

A few books currently on my waiting list include Under the Dome by Stephen King, and I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Tucker Max. Has anyone read either of these?

Just finished If on a winter's night a traveler by Italo Calvino. It's a damn good book, but if you're not really into post-modernism you probably won't like it, I guess. Now I'm reading Soon I Will Be Invinicible by Austin Grossman, which is a lot of fun!

I've started the Hunger Games series recently, and finished the first book. I'm waiting to get the second book, and then the third book. The Hunger Games is a great, due to lots of action and its fast pace.

I've also finished the Power of Five series again (at least, for all of the books that have come out so far). I'm really waiting for book 5 to come out, since the past 4 have been fantastic reads. For the same reason as the Hunger Games.

I've just started reading The Master, mady by Guillermo Del Toro and Chuck Hogan. It's superb, this month, part2 will be released.

I am currently reading the latest book in the Eragon Inheritance Cycle, Brisingr.

Christopher Paolini's writing, in my opinion, is the best I have read in years. He goes into so much depth, detail of the characters and scenarios in his books.

I highly reccommend this series for all Fantasy lovers abroad.

Another thing, I just thought I'd say that I have been writing to Mr. Paolini for about 2 years now, and it has been a great pleasure getting to know him.
I have several autographs and even a Kodak photograph of himself, signed by him. I apologize if this is considered 'spam' :(

I just finished the Guardian's of Ga'hoole series. They are all pretty good. If you like animals you should like this series.

I would also recommend Harry Potter, Pendragon, Hunger Games, Inheritance Cycle, and Artemis Fowl.

I will be starting Enders Game very soon.(Sci-Fi)

Just started the frist book in the hero's of olympus good book.

Any one who read the percy jackson series would like it.

Also on the 9th ranger's apprentice book if you like myresty and suspense the series is right for you.

I finally got around to reading Of Mice and Men, and I really enjoyed it. The ending really caught me off guard. Steinbeck does an excellent time of painting a very vivid picture of the characters & setting. It was a pretty quick and easy read, as it only took me a few hours to complete this approx. 100 page novelette.

The Patraint Saint of Butterlies was a good book. It isn't for the light hearted though. It is a book about two friends who live in a religious cult called "Mount Blessing". At Mount Blessing, they live in a world where God is the only one to believe in, and the Priest is his messenger. They live with simple materials, except for the Priest, who gets whatever he wants. Agnes, one of the friends, wants to be a saint. But Agnes's friend wants the complete opposite: To escape Mount Blessing.

Will they succeed?

Heroes of Olympus is really great, but only if you read the first series. I would say what happened, but it appears others are reading it. I highly recommend both series, The Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson and the Olympians. They are easily my favorite books and I got a little into Greek Mythology, too.

Another really great series for fantasy people is Fablehaven. If you are really into fantasy, you will love this series. Brandon Mull isn't the best author in the world, but this series is still good.

The hunger games was amazing.
An ABSOLUTELY AMAZING book is the maze runner and its sequel, the scorch trials. I read each in one sitting. SOOOOOO good.

I just completed Marley and Me by John Grogan,I cannot begin to evaluate the sorrow I felt after reading that.....if you love labs or any other canine this is a must read.Currently I am working on Thomas Alva Edison;Inventing the digital ageI'll return to give my analysis upon that.

Zenith,
If you like Asimov's Robot trilogy, try his Foundation.

My current favorite novel of all time is The House of the Scorpion. The book was exquisite in every way, down to the last word, all I had to say about that book was "Wow." If anyone likes action and suspense, you'd definitely love this book.

I am also taking the time to read Edgar Rice Burroughs's Tarzan Lord of the Apes, and so far it has been a bit of a hard read, but still worth it all the while.

Does anybody know any other good fantasy books? I'm interested in fantasy books, but much too lazy to find a new series on my own.

Another great series is the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness. I usually hate historical-fiction books (besides this series and Ranger's Apprentice), but this book series is absolutely phenonminal. It is basically set in B.C., Native American-ish and has a touch of fantasy influence. I normally don't like books about Native American-ish stuff (no offense if you are/have Native American blood), its just that I really only will read about as far back as Medieval Stuff. Anyway, this series is absolutely great. Highly recommend it, whether you hate/love historical-fiction stuff.

Back