Book Discussion & Review

RE: Book Discussion Thread

I don't think it is.
The main character can read things out of books.

Onimon said:
I don't think it is.
The main character can read things out of books.

Ok, that might just bea made up series that i was talking about

chellochello said:
Onimon said:
I thoroughly enjoy the Inkheart series when I was little; now, after many later years, I enjoy it even more. Highly recommended for the people who enjoy a good fantasy fiction.
Someone told me about someone that rights down peoples names and they die,is that the series??

It sounds like you're talking about Death Note, which is a manga and Anime, not a book.

Anyway, has anyone read Paradise Lost, The Divine Comedy and/or the His Dark Materials trilogy.

I recently finished reading a book called "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck...it is a really good book about pre-revolutionary China and the story of a poor farmer and how he survives. I highly recommend this book. It is a very good, challenging book but is great to read.

"The Dresden Files by jim butcher" they're amazing.

Some of my favorite books are:

The Hunger Games series (The Hunger Games, Catching Fire, Mockingjay)

The Kane Chronicles(The Red Pyramid, The Throne of Fire) by Rick Riordan

The Percy Jackson series (The Lighning Thief, The Sea of Monsters, The Titan's Curse, The Battle of the Labyrinth, The Last Olympian(HAWAII OWNS YOUR FACES!)) by Rick Riordan

The Inheritance Cycle (Eragon, Eldest, Brisinger, Inheritance) by Christopher Paolini

The Pendragon Series

If anyone wants to knoiw more about these series, just post and ask and I will give you a plot summary :) .

Has anyone here read Warrior Cats? Because that series is the best I've ever read. I'd recommend it for anyone who loves animals (and doesn't cry easy, 'cause those books can be sad, but that's part of what I like about it.)

ArceusShayminLovr said:
I recently finished reading a book called "The Good Earth" by Pearl S. Buck...it is a really good book about pre-revolutionary China and the story of a poor farmer and how he survives. I highly recommend this book. It is a very good, challenging book but is great to read.

Even though I have over 800 books in my room, "The Good Earth," the Dark Materials trilogy, and the Inheritance Cycle are the only ones mentioned in this thread that I have read. I own "The Hunger Games" but I wish I had got it from the library first.

House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer is a good book about the moral right of human cloning.

The Blue Avenger series is wonderful, about a boy who changes his name to that of a character he created, and he becomes more confident afterward.

Adrian Mole diaries are the funniest books I've ever read. Well, along with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I hope was not mentioned yet in here only because people assume that everyone has read it, like Harry Potter.

Heatmor said:
ArceusShayminLovr said:

Even though I have over 800 books in my room, "The Good Earth," the Dark Materials trilogy, and the Inheritance Cycle are the only ones mentioned in this thread that I have read. I own "The Hunger Games" but I wish I had got it from the library first.

House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer is a good book about the moral right of human cloning.

The Blue Avenger series is wonderful, about a boy who changes his name to that of a character he created, and he becomes more confident afterward.

Adrian Mole diaries are the funniest books I've ever read. Well, along with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, which I hope was not mentioned yet in here only because people assume that everyone has read it, like Harry Potter.

I read House of the Scorpion, great book, though probably for 12+.

Back