Book Discussion & Review

^There are sequels to The Giver? I never knew. Not that I'd read them (I'm not really fond of that book, especially the ending).
I've recently started reading the original Sherlock Holmes series; every book completely blows modern mysteries (such as The Missing series or whatever) out of the water. Each book takes a turn you'd never expect, and each remark made by the characters deepen the suspense. The way Sir Arthur Conan Doyle crafted each story is something no author today can match.
Now I'm dreading to read His Last Bow. The stories feel far too good to end.

The other book I'm reading is Young Sherlock Holmes: Death Cloud, a book that hasn't been released yet. My homeroom teacher works at a bookstore (he gets books that aren't released), and since I was reading Sherlock Holmes, he gave me the Advance Readers Edition to read. It's quite good, and does an excellent job of depicting Holmes as a high school student. When it comes out, I recommend reading it, especially to Sherlock Holmes fans.

I read Sunrise Over Fallujah (sp?) a while ago, and if it is as good as I remember, it was awesome. But only if you love war books/movies. I don't know if the book is too childish now, but it was amazing like 4 years ago.

I'm finally reading Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger. It's an incredibly excellent read. It takes a feat for me to really get into a book for school.

I finally got my hands on both Catching Fire and Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. The two books are part of the Hunger Games series, which is a fantastic series. I'm almost halfway through Catching Fire, and it really is a book that I can't really put down. Just the suspense, the action, everything is really good. Hoping the final book, Mockingjay, is just as good (but I heard it was a bit of a disappointment).

For my required English book for school, I'm reading Animal Farm It's a book about Animals that acts like the Soviet Union. Really, the book isn't impressive, and that's probably because I can't stand historical fiction (which is the topic of the required books I have to do this semester. Ugh.)

I loved Animal Farm, as well as George Orwell's other famous novel, 1984. I found it much more interesting as the novel progressed. Hope you enjoy ^_^

I found Animal Farm to be one of the most enjoyable books I was required to read.

I just finished the Hunger Games trilogy. I was impressed with the first two, but something about Mockingjay irked me. It was WAAAAY to depressing and crazy. It was just terrifying seeing Katniss and Peeta hit rock bottom and go FREAKING CRAZY

SinnohTrainer17- how did you like A sepereat Peace? I hated it, it was so terible.

As for Aminal farm and 1984- They touch on the same concept but in different way. Farm was about leting one person/group controle you. While 1984 was about the ways gov. can controle you.

Now for books that are great and should be read be people who like Fanticy,
Berg.Carol-Transformation
Berg.Carol-Revelation
Berg.Carol-Restoration I must have read this book about 10 times, its just too awsome for words.

Now for people who know what Warhammer and WH40K are you will know these books. WH40k is the SciFi verstion of Warhammer.

Both have vivid backrounds and awsome story and novels here are some.

Abnett.Dan-The Demon's Curse
Abnett.Dan-The Founding 3book in one.
Abnett.Dan-Horus Rising
Abnett is such a good writer. He will have you reading his books non stop. I swear he puts small amounts of crack on the pages, you can not put down his books.lol

King.William-Gotrex & Felix the First Omnibus 3 in one
Mitchell.Sandy- Ciaphas Cain Hero of the Imperium one of the funniest books I've read.
Swallow.James-Faith&Fire

If you want to know more about WH and WH40k just pm and I can fill you in, or if you are into WH and WH40k pm me too and we can disscuse topics.

Just Finished The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen. It's Really Good.

images

Yo need to read The Hunger Games trilogy. Mockingjay made me mad though. I'm currently reading Uglies, by Scott Westerfield and I don't know if this counts, but i'm reading Tsubasa: Resivior Chronicle and Dragon Eye

The last book I read was Halo Cryptum. Woo what a book! It's books like this that make me love reading. Just getting into a brand new universe filled with mysteries and solving a few of them along the way but always wanting much much more after the book ends. Thank goodness this is a trilogy. They should really make a future Halo game based on one of the wars mentioned in this book. Excellent read. Definitely has to be one of the best Halo novels out there.

Just finished the Hunger Games and Catching Fire, I'm still working on Mockingjay.

Very awesome series. I suggest you all it.

BTW, Sarah Dessen is an awesome aithor aswell.

Im trying to find MockingJay at my local library but they are always checked out. I recently started reading the Odyssey Book 9 which is fairly enjoyable

I finished Mockingjay (and for a while now, actually) and I really did not like that book. After reading The Hunger Games and Catching Fire, Mockingjay was a huge letdown. I don't know, a nice chunk of the book was boring, and the action wasn't really great either. Plus, there were so many points where the book was just depressing.

Just recently read Leviathan and Behemoth. I really like the books, seem cool to me. If you haven't read them yet I recommend it.

I finished The Lost Symbol a couple weeks ago. Man, that's such a good movie with a lot of twists you don't see coming. I can't wait for the movie lol.

dmaster out.

Book Discussion Thread

I've noticed that there are NO (that I have seen) threads about books here. I guess that we should just make a thread to discuss and recommend books.

Back