Book Discussion & Review

RE: Book Discussion Thread

Shadow Arceus said:
There used to be one, but I guess it disappeared.

I'd assume that there would be, but yeah, I guess it just isn't there anymore. Also, lets get some discussion started.

Have any of you ever read Tunnels by Rodrick Gordon and Brian Williams? It's about a 14 year-old boy named Will Burrows that is obsessed with archeology and digging. His best friend, Chester Rawls, helps him dig. One day, Will's dad disappears and they go into an underground world to look for him. It's a long read, but it's such a great book. It's an entire series too. I'd recommend it to almost anyone.

I have a book club in the Pokebeach groups.Have any of you read The Red Pyramid?

Umbreon/Espeon said:
I have a book club in the Pokebeach groups.Have any of you read The Red Pyramid?

Yeah, it's a great book. Can't wait to get my hands on the second one (Throne of Fire).

Under The Dome, Steven King

EPIC BOOK

A huge challenge, but if you're looking for a good story THIS IS IT!

Long, but completely worth it.

Hunger Games series and The Maze Runner is also good.

pokemon99 said:
^ ^ ^
When does that come out? Have you read the lost hero?

I think that Throne of Fire is already out, I'm not sure. If not, then it's gonna be out soon. I've read all of Rick Riordan's books (except for Son of Neptune and Throne of Fire). He's a great author.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Darkvoid. The Hunger Games is great. Just finished Catching Fire. I might consider getting the Maze Runner from the library sometime soon. Looks good from what I've heard of it.

@Robot

Read The Maze Runner, it's like the Hunger Games, on steroids.

IT IS AMAZING

And there's a sequel to it, The Flame Trials, and the third book, The Death Cure, comes out this fall.

I'd heard that Maze Runner was good. I just checked it out so I'll give it a read
I on another thread said:
My favorite book is "Unwind" and my two favorite series(is that the plural form?) are the Softwire series by P.J. Haarsma and the Meq series by Steve Cash. I'd recommend all of these to anyone.
Edit: Pendragon and The Hunger Games were good, too.
Also the Inheritance Cycle is good.

Tell me what you thought about Maze Runner when your done

Whats Inheriteance Cycle about?

It's the Eragon series. Google it. I forgot to mention "The Supernaturalist" by Eoin Colfer (The Artemis guy), it's my second favorite book.

Ah. I don't like the Eragon books.

Forgot to mention, Duma Key is also really good.

I read half of The Supernaturalist a while ago. It had a nice plot and beginning, but I don't think the rest was that good. It kind of felt redundant and boring.

Has anybody read Tunnels yet? I mentioned it a ton on the 3rd post of this thread. Trust me, READ IT.

My Library has nothing good.

And I don't buy books except for special ones.

I have the Hunger Games trilogy sitting on my desk, stacked on top of each other

I Right now I'm reading The Hobbit. It's pretty good so far. I'm not sure what I'm gonna read after that, but I'll read the LOtR series this summer, and maybe some other stuff.

EDIT: I'm done The Hobbit. I just got Fellowship of the Ring from the library, and I might read a book called Freak the Mighty after that.

I thoroughly enjoy the Inkheart series when I was little; now, after many later years, I enjoy it even more. Highly recommended for the people who enjoy a good fantasy fiction.

I have to agree with robot,tunnels is under rated, we got a couple of our friends to read it and boy they loved. Tell me if any of you have read Airman,best book ever IMO,it is so awesome,your library has to have it

Darkvoid57 said:
My Library has nothing good.

And I don't buy books except for special ones.

I have the Hunger Games trilogy sitting on my desk, stacked on top of each other

Im on page 63 of catching fire,boy its awesome,but a guy already got shot in the head,whats that about?

Okay, robot might be a little annoyed because i post on this alot,but i love books,anybody read morpheus road,it is one of the best books i have evar evar read in my life

^ ^ You have made one post.

I just read the Hunger Games for like the third time, and I'm planning on re-reading all the Hardy boys later this week.

Onimon said:
I thoroughly enjoy the Inkheart series when I was little; now, after many later years, I enjoy it even more. Highly recommended for the people who enjoy a good fantasy fiction.
Someone told me about someone that rights down peoples names and they die,is that the series??

Back