Build A Better Format #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Celebi23 said:
Lol, that's uh really different. Aside from being very broken, how does discard the opponent's Pokemon-EX boost your deck's consistency? And I could see Palkia creating a lot of the same problems Junk Arm created.

Supporter: Bianca

(Effect of Junk Arm)

Supporter: Cheren

(Effect of Catcher)

Smeargle:

Ability: Portrait
This ability can't be used on the first turn.

Format = healthy now.

I would probably play Bianca should it have Junk Arm's effect. Granted I probably wouldn't play it too much, but even a nerfed Junk Arm as a supporter is very good.

Milky said:
Supporter: Bianca

(Effect of Junk Arm)

Supporter: Cheren

(Effect of Catcher)

Smeargle:

Ability: Portrait
This ability can't be used on the first turn.

Format = healthy now.
Junk Arm's effect should NOT EVER be reprinted. Ever. I also think they could have done better than Smeargle. They have in the past.

And technically, the format wouldn't be healthy because we'd only have access to Juniper and N as draw supporters and because Catcher would still be in the format. :|

IDGI. I wouldn't really want to waste my supporter of the turn to drag up one of my opponent's Pokemon, or for a worse Skyla.

Aerodactyl 110 HP {F}
Ability: primal draw: place a damage counter on all ur Pokemon. Then draw a card for every two damage counters u place this way
{F}{C}{C} rage: does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon: 10+
Weakness {W}: Resistance {F}: Retreat{C}{C}

spiritomb said:
Aerodactyl 110 HP {F}
Ability: primal draw: place a damage counter on all ur Pokemon. Then draw a card for every two damage counters u place this way
{F}{C}{C} rage: does 10 damage plus 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon: 10+
Weakness {W}: Resistance {F}: Retreat{C}{C}

That's pretty horrible. The damage would rarely be worth the 2-3 cards.

Celebi23 said:
Junk Arm's effect should NOT EVER be reprinted. Ever. I also think they could have done better than Smeargle. They have in the past.

And technically, the format wouldn't be healthy because we'd only have access to Juniper and N as draw supporters and because Catcher would still be in the format. :|

4 Juniper 4 N 4 RR is in my testing, more effective than Bianca and Cheren. Bianca and Cheren can also be changed, I just couldn't think of a different person from the anime/game.

Catcher wouldn't be in the format, as I'm suggesting that they be removed and replaced with the supporter cards / new prints, they're basically just nerfed unhealthy cards.

Cinema said:
That's pretty horrible. The damage would rarely be worth the 2-3 cards.
That's y it would b good . A high damage output on your own Pokemon would b bad. Also it gives room to stack the effect, or to create synergy with attacks like its own.

Do I even need to point out how little sense that makes? You can't fix a format by creating a highly specialized, borderline usable form of drawpower. Claiming it's good because it sucks is even worse.

Lilligant: {G} 90 HP

Ability: Attracting Scent
Once during your turn (before your attack) you may look at the top three cards of your deck. Put all pokemon cards you find there into your hand, shuffle the other cards back into your deck.

{G} {G} {C} Group Attack 30+
You may reveal as many pokemon cards in your hand to your opponet, this attack does +10 damage for each pokemon you reveal.

W: {R} R: {W}
Retreat: {C}

Could allow you to set up and has a decent attack of it's own.

^Maybe discard the other cards instead?

Milky said:
4 Juniper 4 N 4 RR is in my testing, more effective than Bianca and Cheren. Bianca and Cheren can also be changed, I just couldn't think of a different person from the anime/game.

Catcher wouldn't be in the format, as I'm suggesting that they be removed and replaced with the supporter cards / new prints, they're basically just nerfed unhealthy cards.
I've tried that and it works okay, but it makes it too likely I'll whiff on Supporters late-game. It does start to show up enough that I'm reluctant to play that.

How about:

Jirachi EX - Psychic - HP120
Basic Pokemon

Ability-Shooting Star- Once during your turn, you may search your deck for a supporter. If you do, discard a combination of 2 pokemon and trainer cards from your hand.

[C] Star Formation- Search your deck for up to 3 basic pokemon and put them into your hand.

Weakness: [P] (x2)
Resistance: N/A
Retreat: 0

This is a risky card because it is really easy to KO, but it would make a deck much more consistent so it would be played, but not overcentralized. It also wouldn't shift the metagame a ton, but it would make N drops less destructive and it would make it so your didn't have to take some of the important cards out of your deck for unnecessary supporters.

TheBugManiac said:
Do I even need to point out how little sense that makes? You can't fix a format by creating a highly specialized, borderline usable form of drawpower. Claiming it's good because it sucks is even worse.

I didn't say its not good I said its damage output is low, and it has synergy with attacks like its own. Do u have any thing more constructive to say then "it sucks"?

Rarely. I tried playing RayEels and I never wanted to use Rayquaza or Rayquaza-EX's first attack. Discarding random cards in an uncontrolled way is rarely a good thing.

I think EX's should not be limited to basic legendaries. Also their should be a limit on how many Ex's in a deck, sort of like that of star pokemon. When I played TyRam (pre dark explorers), I really only needed one reshiram ex or mewtwo ex. Or they should do a Yu-Gi-Oh-like rule and make you have to do something, say discard cards, to play an EX. Sorry if it sounds like i am trashing EXs, but our format was better before ND and DE.

Thanks for your interest in this topic. However, your post has absolutely no relation to what we're attempting to do. Remember that we're only attempting to improve consistency.

THIS HAND
Trainer - Item
Ace Spec

Reveal your hand to your opponent. If you have no Supporters in your hand, shuffle your hand back into your deck and draw 6 cards. You may not use Supporters on the turn you use this effect.

If this card is in your discard pile when you draw a card at the beginning of your turn, you may send this card to the Lost Zone. Reveal your hand to your opponent. If there are no Supporters in your hand, you may discard your hand and draw cards equal to the number of Prize Cards you have not taken. You may not play a supporter on the turn you use this effect.

Used for the many dead draws that come your way on the path of life. The reason the second effect only lets you draw the number of your prize cards is to prevent it from becoming overpowered with or against a late game N.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back