Cardfight!! Vaguard Group Discussion

The packs cost about $4 for 5 cards, but I'm guessing that's because of the quality of the cards. They seem more plastic and not papery like pokemon and other card games.

Well I went to my local Wal-Mart to see If they had any Starter Decks for the game, turns out they only had booster packs of the 1st set called Descent of the King of Knights. Then I checked another card shop across the street and I found out they were all sold out of booster packs and starters.

They said they'd get a new shipment in for Descent of the King of Knights and the Blaster Blade and Dragonic Overlord Starter Decks by next week. So yeah, still disappointed I couldn't get both Starters but I'll keep waiting til they're available. At least CFV will give me something to do while I'm waiting for Dark Explorers to be released in Pokemon.

Who wants to guess how much one pack is at my local Wal-Mart?

$1.98? Nope.
$2.98? Nope.

$3.98

Just for one pack. With 5 cards.

Brave Vesperia said:
Who wants to guess how much one pack is at my local Wal-Mart?

$1.98? Nope.
$2.98? Nope.

$3.98

Just for one pack. With 5 cards.

My league has em' at 4.00 a pack plus tax, yay.

It looks fun.

But I don't get it. All of the cards are in Japanese, and I don't want to have to print out all of these "cardsleeves" to translate them.

Am I correct or do they have English cards?

Alright, just wondering. I didn't see any in English so I was confused to how they expected us to play in America.

Just recently bought 2 Kagero Starter Decks and played with a few friends of mine, the game is absolutely amazing. Now I'm wanting to go with a different Clan and I'm thinking about Oracle Think Tank since one of my friends is running Kagero and I thought about running Royal Paladins but I'm not sure at the moment. One of my friends bought out an entire booster box of Descent and pulled some good Kagero cards.

The only set of Vanguard they had available in English at my local Wal-Mart and card shop was the Descent of the King of Knights set and the only Starter decks they had was Kagero, all the Royal Paladin Starters were sold out. This game is selling like hotcakes, coming from a guy who used to play Marvel/DC Vs. System this game plays so much better than Vs. System in some ways.

Without a doubt, this TCG is the next Yu-Gi-Oh! but it actually learned ALOT from the flaws of it's own predecessor. The more popular the TCG is in America the bigger the Anime series will be as well. Vanguard doesn't start off with any power creep right now but over time I don't think it will be NEARLY as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh! was when Yata Lock and Chaos Decks hit the scene.

Card Slinger J said:
Just recently bought 2 Kagero Starter Decks and played with a few friends of mine, the game is absolutely amazing. Now I'm wanting to go with a different Clan and I'm thinking about Oracle Think Tank since one of my friends is running Kagero and I thought about running Royal Paladins but I'm not sure at the moment. One of my friends bought out an entire booster box of Descent and pulled some good Kagero cards.

The only set of Vanguard they had available in English at my local Wal-Mart and card shop was the Descent of the King of Knights set and the only Starter decks they had was Kagero, all the Royal Paladin Starters were sold out. This game is selling like hotcakes, coming from a guy who used to play Marvel/DC Vs. System this game plays so much better than Vs. System in some ways.

Without a doubt, this TCG is the next Yu-Gi-Oh! but it actually learned ALOT from the flaws of it's own predecessor. The more popular the TCG is in America the bigger the Anime series will be as well. Vanguard doesn't start off with any power creep right now but over time I don't think it will be NEARLY as bad as Yu-Gi-Oh! was when Yata Lock and Chaos Decks hit the scene.

i definitely think there will be a power creep in the future, but the way it seems in this game if one clan gets a power creep then they all have to get one in order for a lot of people to stay with this game.
As for what deck you should play im trying to complete royal paladins and OTT. i would say that any of these decks would be a good choice because they can beat each other.
This game seems to keep every clan fair in the power that they give.

Well instead of a Balanced Color Wheel like in Magic: The Gathering, there will need to be a balance with all the Clans in Vanguard. Make it to where one or two Clans aren't too dominant over another but make them even and balanced. I've seen an unbalance of this in the Naruto CCG before Bandai started doing Set Rotations and it was very bad at the time.

Kagero is a very Aggro based Clan deck, not sure about Royal Paladins or Oracle Think Tank since I haven't seen them in action (non-Anime wise). Remember my local store only had 1 of the 2 Starter decks for the game right now as I didn't have the luxury of getting 1 of each Starter. Royal Paladins are pretty much sold out everywhere from what I understand.

Card Slinger J said:
Well instead of a Balanced Color Wheel like in Magic: The Gathering, there will need to be a balance with all the Clans in Vanguard. Make it to where one or two Clans aren't too dominant over another but make them even and balanced. I've seen an unbalance of this in the Naruto CCG before Bandai started doing Set Rotations and it was very bad at the time.

Kagero is a very Aggro based Clan deck, not sure about Royal Paladins or Oracle Think Tank since I haven't seen them in action (non-Anime wise). Remember my local store only had 1 of the 2 Starter decks for the game right now as I didn't have the luxury of getting 1 of each Starter. Royal Paladins are pretty much sold out everywhere from what I understand.

yeah the top two decks right now are royal paladins and kagero. OTT is like tier 1.5-1

Fraxureking said:
Considering this.
What's the best Trial Deck to start with?

what do you want to play, i personally like royal paladins
Royal paladins support themselves and with other cards
Kageros are very, very fast. they are significantly faster than royal paladins,
Just a little insight on the two decks, hope i helped!!

The Kagero trial deck is only faster because it has draw power, Flame of Hope. The meta decks actually are pretty matched in speed. Blazing Flare and Aleph set themselves up, whereas Paladins doesn't really have that combo. But Paladins DOES have Llew to set up Blaster Blade instead of your grade 3 attacker (in this case, Soul Saver and Alfred). And Barcgal gets what you need for the combo, which is nice too. Paladins is really fast when you add the Galahad line. Unlike Blazing Flare and Aleph, it sets itself up all the way through, from Grade 0 to Grade 3, and you don't need to call anything to the Rearguard circles, though you do need some luck. The Galahad line looks at the top 5 for the Superior Ride, but you draw a card when you begin so it's more like the top 6.

Matryoshka said:
The Kagero trial deck is only faster because it has draw power, Flame of Hope. The meta decks actually are pretty matched in speed. Blazing Flare and Aleph set themselves up, whereas Paladins doesn't really have that combo. But Paladins DOES have Llew to set up Blaster Blade instead of your grade 3 attacker (in this case, Soul Saver and Alfred). And Barcgal gets what you need for the combo, which is nice too. Paladins is really fast when you add the Galahad line. Unlike Blazing Flare and Aleph, it sets itself up all the way through, from Grade 0 to Grade 3, and you don't need to call anything to the Rearguard circles, though you do need some luck. The Galahad line looks at the top 5 for the Superior Ride, but you draw a card when you begin so it's more like the top 6.

I'll consider both, but I'm leanng towards Kagero.

Get the Kagero one, it's better. I'm just saying that the actual decks that are doing well are pretty matched in speed.

Back