Pokemon Changing Pokemon types

zekrom6600

The Lord Of Thunder Zekrom
this is a thread about changing pokemon's types. For example: I think charizard should be dragon and fire types. There are so many dragon types like latios and latias and even rayquaza that fly.Reshiram should also be flying dragon, it doesn't look like a fire type till the flames come out of it's tail and even then it doesn't look too much like a fire type. Zekrom should be dragon dark because he looks like a dark type but at the same time a dragon type but NOT electric!
What types would you change?What pokemon would you change the type of?Why?
{C}{G}{W}{L}{F}{R}{P}{M}{D} (plus other types that aren't in the tcg)

If anyone brings up Gyarados, I will scream. He is Water/Flying because in Gen 1, the only type Water/Dragon is weak to is Water -- and the only Dragon-type move in that generation was Dragon Rage (which did a consistent 40 damage). Plus, it's based on a Chinese legend about carp leaping (read: flying) over the Dragon Gate.

Charizard is not Fire/Dragon because it would throw off the starter triangle. And before you say "they did it with the Sinnoh starters!", keep in mind that their secondary types formed a similar triangle (albiet backwards) of sorts.

I think Psyduck and Golduck should be Water/Psychic. Most of Psyduck's Pokédex entries mention its powers, as do Golduck's Gen 2 Pokédex entries.

Luxio and Luxray should've been Electric/Dark -- just look at their designs!

Drapion could've kept its Bug-type (and I would've preferred it to). Granted its Diamond Pokédex entry mentions using poison, others mention how it takes down foes without use of toxins. I think Bug/Dark (or Dark/Bug to fit with Skorupi) would've been perfect for this guy.

Then again, I'm fine with all the given typings, and none of them really irk me. The above are just observations I've noticed based on 'dex entries and designs.

Reshiram and Zekrom need to be Fire-Dragon and Electric-Dragon respectively since those and Kyurem's ice are the three legendary elements-they have been since the birds in gen 1. The only changes I can think of are to make Nidoking and Nidoqueen Poison-Fighting instead of Poison-Ground. While nothing about them makes them seem like a ground type (most ground types have excellent physical but poor special stats, they don't live underground or anything, nothing about ground in their pokedex's, etc.) but their Pokedex's entries all talk about their destructive power and frequent fights, expecially Nidoking's Crystal entry, which says something like: "It attacks with its arms, legs, and tail. It prefers melee combat." Sounds like a fighting type to me.

CMP said:
Luxio and Luxray should've been Electric/Dark -- just look at their designs!

They're not evil though...At least, as far as I know about Luxio and Luxray.

Gothitelle should've been Psychic/Dark. Not because its evil, but because it likes the night, starry skies.

I do agree with CMP about Luxio and Luxray. Electric/Dark seems much more fitting.

I think that, Gallade should be psychic, and grass, because his name sounds a lot more like grass, then psychic.

Lolwut? His name is Gallant+blade, it has nothing to do with Grass and neither does his evolutionary family.

I really agree that Luxray should be part Dark and Noctowl and Golduck should be part Psychic.

Ninetales should've been Ghost/Fire. And the Jigglypuff line and the Clefairy line should have had Flying types (except or the first Cleffa and Igglybuff). Poliwhirl should be a Fighting type. The only probem with that statement is that you wouldn't have anything to really look forward to when you evolve it. Does anyone agree that Blastoise should be a rock type? The other Kanto starters have secondary types when they last evolve. Also, I would like to state that Fearow and Raticate should've been dark types instead of Fearow being a Normal type. But, I can understand why the only thing they waanted to redo was magnemite and magneton (Nintendo and the Pokemon company is too lazy to change them). Grimer and/or muk should've been part water. While Dugtrio should be part fighting or normal type considering its comabt techniques. Hypno, much like Ninetales really needs to obtain the Ghost Type or Dark Type. Golem really would've been better as a Rock/Dragon Type instead of just something in the Elite Four that gets beat up by Lorelei ( Would get beat up anyway, but what the heck). Considering Horsea and Seadra are literally in the Pokedex the "Dragon" Pokemon, they should be Dragon types. Can anyone agree that Pinsir needs the Fighting Element? Dragonair literally has the word air in its name, besides the fact that it can change the weather, it should've been a flying type. And don't you agree that seriously Porygon, Porygon2, and Porygon-Z have to be Psychic type. Koffing and Weezing should be part flying type, while Kingler should be part rock type. Now that we're done with that region, I'm not gonna move on, because I have a feeling that you aren't even reading ths because you think it is a waste of time. Thanks o_O

GoobieDoob said:
Does anyone agree that Blastoise should be a rock type? The other Kanto starters have secondary types when they last evolve.
That would make Blastoise 4x Weak to Grass. But yeah, Blastoise should be a rock type.

GoobieDoob said:
(Nintendo and the Pokemon company is too lazy to change them).

I'm not sure about most of those, Goob. And I don't think laziness is the reason types weren't changed -- the only line to get a new type in Gen II (Magnemite/Magneton) had a type added, not changed.

I'd have liked to see Dewott have a secondary fighting type, the way it was speculated in that leaked pic from way back when...

With regards to changes, I agree that the Psyduck/Hoothoot families would benefit from a secondary psychic type.

YakobTheRed said:
I'd have liked to see Dewott have a secondary fighting type, the way it was speculated in that leaked pic from way back when...
^This. Also, Glalie should have been Ice/Dark.

Lugia seriously needs to be Water type. He's the freaking lord of the seas or something like that. Thats like making Kyogre Rock type. I think Darkrai should have been part Ghost. I know that would leave him without a weakness but I mean almost everything about him points to him being a ghost. I think Urasaring and Sceptile should've been fighting as well for reasons I don't know. They just look like they would be fighting. In fact, every pokemon should be fighting since they all fight anyway. :p

I would love if they had added more types to the standard pokemon.
Gothitelle is a gothic psychic that has to do with night, that screams psy/dark
Haxorus could have been drg/fgt. Makes sense plus itd make ice neutral.

And samurott/dewott should of been fighting types, along with that snot bear

Back