Concern with the Direction of the Game Thus Far (Again...)

Card Slinger J said:
The problem is that PUSA/TPCi are printing terrible regular rares when we could be getting more playable rares that encourages deck creativity in this format. Yeah the current card pool isn't as massive as last format but that was because of an issue with Machamp SF keeping SP Pokemon in check and it did to some extent at least. Black/White: Emerging Powers isn't the best set but it will still sell quite a load of booster boxes just for Pokemon Catcher alone at least which will most likely go for as much If not double the amount Pokemon Collector is going for currently.

Ok first off, Pokemon doesn't just print cards for the competitive player, they're also printed for the collectors. They don't care if we sit back an complain that such and such rare is horrible. The only care that they got their money. Simple as that.

Card Slinger J said:
Another problem I'm noticing is regarding Sanctioned Matches like Battle Roads, Cities, Nationals, and Worlds. Here in the U.S. games aren't decided by best 2 out of 3 Swiss it's always one game per match Swiss style however in Europe they go by the best 2 out of 3 Swiss Rule which is what the Sanctioned Events in the U.S. should also do and If Japan isn't going by it they should as well. It makes for more enjoyment out of the game itself IMO. Why are we trying to end games faster when things need to slow down you know what I mean? Shortening matches doesn't help the overall growth of the Pokemon TCG.

Japan uses single match swiss rounds like America does. And reason for this is, if you look at attendance in Europe compared to the US, the difference is phenomenal. If the US were to do best 2 out of the 3 through the entire tournament, it would last forever. Last cities I went to last year was 6 rounds! And if you do best 2 out of three, you'd have to increase the time limit, which they've already done in europe. and that small cities tournament that would only last 5 hours for swiss would now be lasting close to 7 or 8 hours before top cut even starts! That is ridiculous....and like I've mentioned earlier in this thread. This game is quite slow as it is. Alot of matches in this format go to the time limit of 30+3, where in the Base Era the time limit for matches was 20min without the +3 stipulation. But in Base Set, matches typically ended well with in the 10 min mark. Since I've gotten back into the game back around arceus, I think i've only had 5 total matches go by that quickly. And that was me playing sablelock at 2010 Nats, and coming up against Sabledonk at spring battle roads this year. In base set, most matches ended in the donk, and yes donk was used way back then. So really quit complaining about a healthy format.

But the format isn't healthy right now because the overall card pool of HGSS-On isn't big enough yet, and there's no checks against Yanmega, Donphan, and Magnezone that aren't as hard to get ahold of which in turn makes for a stagnant format like the last one where SP's were dominant the majority of the time with LuxChomp, Gyarados, and SableDonk being the best decks in the format. Why can't PUSA/TPCi cut back on giving Basic Pokemon so much support and help give Stage 2 Pokemon some support for a change ya know?

What makes this format like the last one being MD-On? Mainly because Overpowered Basic Pokemon like Reshiram and Zekrom (SP's again?) are dominating tournaments while there are playable Stage 2 Pokemon in the current format there isn't a wide variety due to the Rare Candy errata of not getting that 1st Turn Stage 2 out. I mean I'd like to see other Stage 2's do just as good as the best Basic and Stage 2 Pokemon are in HGSS-On but they just aren't good enough. Take for example Metagross UL, has amazing potential but is too slow to break the mold. Pokemon Catcher is another card that hurts Stage 2's from being competitive as well unless you run Gothitelle or Vileplume.

Give the game like a few months before the format starts improving like before or after Battle Roads Autumn and we should see a better change in the format. At the moment the format is very stale cause you're still seeing the same decks being played at Nats and Worlds and other than those new Trainers and Supporters from Emerging Powers that set really didn't offer anything new or competitive in terms of playable Pokemon which is why alot of people were hoping that the Red Collection cards wouldn't get cut from Emerging Powers. Emerging Powers was as bad as Call of Legends was 2 sets ago.

Card Slinger J said:
But the format isn't healthy right now because the overall card pool of HGSS-On isn't big enough yet, and there's no checks against Yanmega, Donphan, and Magnezone that aren't as hard to get ahold of which in turn makes for a stagnant format like the last one where SP's were dominant the majority of the time with LuxChomp, Gyarados, and SableDonk being the best decks in the format. Why can't PUSA/TPCi cut back on giving Basic Pokemon so much support and help give Stage 2 Pokemon some support for a change ya know?

What makes this format like the last one being MD-On? Mainly because Overpowered Basic Pokemon like Reshiram and Zekrom (SP's again?) are dominating tournaments while there are playable Stage 2 Pokemon in the current format there isn't a wide variety due to the Rare Candy errata of not getting that 1st Turn Stage 2 out. I mean I'd like to see other Stage 2's do just as good as the best Basic and Stage 2 Pokemon are in HGSS-On but they just aren't good enough. Take for example Metagross UL, has amazing potential but is too slow to break the mold. Pokemon Catcher is another card that hurts Stage 2's from being competitive as well unless you run Gothitelle or Vileplume.

Give the game like a few months before the format starts improving like before or after Battle Roads Autumn and we should see a better change in the format. At the moment the format is very stale cause you're still seeing the same decks being played at Nats and Worlds and other than those new Trainers and Supporters from Emerging Powers that set really didn't offer anything new or competitive in terms of playable Pokemon which is why alot of people were hoping that the Red Collection cards wouldn't get cut from Emerging Powers. Emerging Powers was as bad as Call of Legends was 2 sets ago.

First off, you saying theres no checks against Magnezone, Yanmega or Donphan? I think you really need to take a look through your binder and start looking at cards a bit more closely. google's counter to Donphan was SEL, granted it was also his TyRam and ReshiBoar counter as well, and it works. The format is brand new and we still have alot to discover. And of course the same thing that got played at Nats is being played at worlds, its where you take the deck you're the best with! Its common sense, theres a reason that after Con Le won Nats last year, he used the same deck at worlds.

And next, the rare candy errata was simply for the best. Why? it makes it exactly like Pokemon Breeder back in base set. Before the errata, candy was broken. You currently want to complain about Donphan, Mega, and Zone being too powerful, well if they didn't errate candy, people could be swinging with Donphan or Yanmega T1! Magnezone still T2, but no..I take that back, he could hit in T1 also due to Pachi and Shaymin. Rare Candy needed the errata, essentially your complaints of Rare Candy being nerfed and the powerful decks of Phan, Mega, and Zone completely contradict each other.

next, you say some stage 2's don't have a chance such as Metagross. I'm sorry, if built correctly, it could stand a chance. I have a metagross deck built and it can wipe the floor with most meta decks. Why, because I know how to set up a metagross hitting the bench by T2. Its all about deck building.

next, catcher isn't gonna change much. Oooh sure its a couple cheap knock outs here and there, but guess what, we have Twins and Black Belt for a reason. And either way, both decks should be running catcher unless you run Plume. So it gets evened out in that context.

Also, there were NO RED COLLECTION cards CUT from EP. I don't know where you heard that from. But your source was absolutely wrong! We got all the cards in EP that we were supposed to and nothing was cut from it.

Also I hate to tell you, another deck did emerge from the release of EP, BearPlume. While the deck itself sucks, alot of people will try it. So again, quit complaining about the healthiest meta we've had in years. This is the healthiest its been since 08.

Project696 said:
First off, you saying theres no checks against Magnezone, Yanmega or Donphan? I think you really need to take a look through your binder and start looking at cards a bit more closely. google's counter to Donphan was SEL, granted it was also his TyRam and ReshiBoar counter as well, and it works. The format is brand new and we still have alot to discover. And of course the same thing that got played at Nats is being played at worlds, its where you take the deck you're the best with! Its common sense, theres a reason that after Con Le won Nats last year, he used the same deck at worlds.

But Suicune/Entei LEGEND is a pain to get out and what If you don't get the setup in time to counter Donphan since it can setup as fast as ZPS can? I'm not saying SEL doesn't work it's really all in the timing and the luck of the draw. Did google have a counter against Yanmega? I know he had one for Magnezone being Donphan. I've yet to hear a solid counter against Yanmega unless it's Zekrom possibly. I could see Thundurus countering Yanmega but I don't think it's good enough.

Project696 said:
And next, the rare candy errata was simply for the best. Why? it makes it exactly like Pokemon Breeder back in base set. Before the errata, candy was broken. You currently want to complain about Donphan, Mega, and Zone being too powerful, well if they didn't errate candy, people could be swinging with Donphan or Yanmega T1! Magnezone still T2, but no..I take that back, he could hit in T1 also due to Pachi and Shaymin. Rare Candy needed the errata, essentially your complaints of Rare Candy being nerfed and the powerful decks of Phan, Mega, and Zone completely contradict each other.

Rare Candy didn't deserve the errata it got, pre-errata it was a necessary evil for the game to help make Stage 2's competitive as Basic and Stage 1 Pokemon are. The only reason why it's still good now is mainly for Stage 2's as tech's instead of secondary attackers, Magnezone Prime has broke that mold with Lost Burn I'll give it that. The format is too fast for Stage 2's to be solid enough as main attackers. With the rate this game is going it's favoring more support for Basics and Stage 1 Pokemon than Stage 2's.

Project696 said:
Also, there were NO RED COLLECTION cards CUT from EP. I don't know where you heard that from. But your source was absolutely wrong! We got all the cards in EP that we were supposed to and nothing was cut from it.

Also I hate to tell you, another deck did emerge from the release of EP, BearPlume. While the deck itself sucks, alot of people will try it. So again, quit complaining about the healthiest meta we've had in years. This is the healthiest its been since 08.

BearPlume? Why not run something better with Beartic like I dunno something that counters Yanmega since it can retreat out of Sheer Cold with a benched Pokemon that becomes Active that can attack? Mew Prime can do the same as well. As for Red Collection being cut, they basically gave us horrible Japanese Rare cards instead of something that's actually playable like I dunno stuff that we are getting in the next Black/White set that we should've got in Emerging Powers. >_>

If you seriously think this format the way it is now is healthy you're in denial...

Card Slinger J said:
But Suicune/Entei LEGEND is a pain to get out and what If you don't get the setup in time to counter Donphan since it can setup as fast as ZPS can? I'm not saying SEL doesn't work it's really all in the timing and the luck of the draw. Did google have a counter against Yanmega? I know he had one for Magnezone being Donphan. I've yet to hear a solid counter against Yanmega unless it's Zekrom possibly. I could see Thundurus countering Yanmega but I don't think it's good enough.

Zekrom was google's Mega counter. And quit trying to compare speed with ZPS, its a horrible deck. If it doesn't win within the first 3-4 turns, it completely fails.

Card Slinger J said:
Rare Candy didn't deserve the errata it got, pre-errata it was a necessary evil for the game to help make Stage 2's competitive as Basic and Stage 1 Pokemon are. The only reason why it's still good now is mainly for Stage 2's as tech's instead of secondary attackers, Magnezone Prime has broke that mold with Lost Burn I'll give it that. The format is too fast for Stage 2's to be solid enough as main attackers. With the rate this game is going it's favoring more support for Basics and Stage 1 Pokemon than Stage 2's.

Idk why you want to say Stage 2's are nothing but techs now. Lets take a look at what won worlds. Oh thats right, Reshiboar with Magnezone tech. And the magnezone was what won the game for him in sudden death.

Card Slinger J said:
BearPlume? Why not run something better with Beartic like I dunno something that counters Yanmega since it can retreat out of Sheer Cold with a benched Pokemon that becomes Active that can attack? Mew Prime can do the same as well. As for Red Collection being cut, they basically gave us horrible Japanese Rare cards instead of something that's actually playable like I dunno stuff that we are getting in the next Black/White set that we should've got in Emerging Powers. >_>

Ok, look at before EP came out, and all the cards that got cut from out BW set. Then add in the extra cards Japan got before their BW2 (Red). and theres EP. How many times in the past have we gotten cards the same time as japan? Not that many. Last time I remember was KGL and RDL because we didn't have any legends for our L3 set.

And yes, BearPlume is getting serious looks at from players, and I already said it sucks. So idk why you sit their and try to tell me why it sucks, because I know exactly why. BearPlume can technically counter most of the meta, minus Yanmega. I won't say Mew, because MewBox hasn't proven to be a good deck yet. Plus oh look if bearplume is facing a Mew deck, it'll just toss a 2nd water energy on Beartic and smash mew in the face for 80.

Card Slinger J said:
If you seriously think this format is healthy you're in denial...

I hate to tell you, you may be one of the very few people that believes this format sucks. Everyone I know says this is a healthy format. I've heard from plenty of players this is the healthiest its been in years. Let me throw some names out there for ya of players that are on my side of this argument of it being healthy, Chris Fulop (04 World's runner up and 07 Nats Champ), Jason Klaczynski (06 and 08 Worlds champ), I can name plenty of players, but those are probably to 2 most notables that have said how healthy this format this really is.

Jesus Christ Slinger J, you whine too much. From what I've heard the Japanese at some point had an HGSS-on format with only HGSS as their lone set.

Very big cardpool = bad

Why is it so? Let me explain it to you.

The cards printed out are supposed to be used for the era they are printed in. Why was Sableye SF so broken here? It was because we mixed it with the BW rules. The games got gradually worse and worse when we had DP-on for so long. We always saw the S.O.S (same old shit) and creativity was getting low because SPs would just ruin your chances.

This format was most enjoyable format I have played in since I returned during the Plox-era.

Plox-era- GOD DANGIT EVERYONE IS RUNNING GG VARIANTS
DP-on part 1- Donks everywhere
DP-on part 2 - Donks and SPs everywhere
MD-on pre-BW - Donks and SPs everywhere
MD-on post-BW - Goddamn Sableye

At least in the HGSS-on era, there are a ton more options of playable decks because we have a cycle. MegaJudge would normally be good against Megazord, Megazord would be good against most stuff and they both have a semi-bad matchup to TyRam who dies if you pull out their Typhs. Catcher is a very good card in this format because it will reduce flip-based wins. You also do not know how badly I wanted HGSS-on format when I realized how OP sableye has become. Fact is that the only bad thing about the format now is the flips. But if I were to lose a game, I'd rather lose a game where I played hard and long and failed a crucial flip rather than sit on a table and get my ass donked T1 because of broken stuff like the old Candy and BTS

Riskbreakers said:
Jesus Christ Slinger J, you whine too much. From what I've heard the Japanese at some point had an HGSS-on format with only HGSS as their lone set.

Plox-era- GOD DAMMIT EVERYONE IS RUNNING GG VARIANTS
DP-on part 1- Donks everywhere
DP-on part 2 - Donks and SPs everywhere
MD-on pre-BW - Donks and SPs everywhere
MD-on post-BW - Goshdarn Sableye

Ok, I agree with what most you say Risk, but theres two things here that I will explain why they were wrong.

Japan rotated to HS-on close after worlds 10'. Because they already had their lost link set out over there when they made the switch. Which is why LostGar was receiving so much hype over here, because prior before the HS-on switch, apparently some player over in japan was something like 40-0 with LostGar. That lostgar deck was receiving a ton of talk during our Nationals in 2010. So if I remember correctly, while we didn't have a rotation after worlds, japan did, thus making them play HS-on for their entire (shortened) season.

And the only thing I'm going to argue with your decks you put their that were top during their time. During the Plox era, Empoleon was close to if not more played than Plox in many areas. Essentially it was only those two decks. Jason Klaczynski even answered a question about that on his facebook a few days, since he won world's 08' with Plox. He said Empoleon was a better deck, it all depended on how the Plox player teched against that match up.

Project696 said:
next, catcher isn't gonna change much. Oooh sure its a couple cheap knock outs here and there, but guess what, we have Twins and Black Belt for a reason. And either way, both decks should be running catcher unless you run Plume. So it gets evened out in that context.

Oh it's going to change the metagame trust me, I think it's really sad that the pack ratio in Emerging Powers is God awful and the price on Catcher is going to be jacked up to $20 a piece, so for people who have money WILL have Catchers while others struggle for awhile to get some for a decent price. Bad enough they didn't print Catchers in the EP Theme Decks like with Krookodile and Darmanitan which would've helped tremendously.

While in the sense that Pokemon Catcher pushes toward Trainer - Item locking it's most likely going to make the format one sided where you either run Vileplume, Gothitelle, or some other fast deck that can abuse the heck out of it. That's really what our metagame is shaping up towards from what I've been noticing, now will this be a bad thing? I more or less see it as a double-edged sword since it can benefit but also hurt the meta all at once.

The downside is that Catcher dumbs the game down, makes decks less playable, makes speed more important than creative deck building and smart strategies while at the same time it does help players be more creative with their decks and think more so in the end it basically contradicts itself. When you have the format focus on one particular card that warps the entire format you know you're going to still see problems with the game.

Had Catcher never been printed Trainer Lock probably wouldn't be of a viable deck as it will be and there would be more consistency with decks that won't have a chance to shine like Lanturn Prime decks that abuse Shuckle and Emboar for draw and energy acceleration. I really would've loved to build a Lanturn deck but since Catcher ruins it I can't play it that well unless I rely more on using Revive, Fisherman/Energy Retrieval, and/or Rare Candy to Emboar a Tepig. It could work possibly.

Card Slinger J said:
The price on Catcher is going to be jacked up to $20 a piece.

There is no way this card will be more than Collector, because you can build a competitive deck without. Also, Collector is from HGSS, an older and hard set to have access to. Also, how is the pack ratio messed up? It will be just as easy as getting any other uncommon in the set, and since Emerging Powers is so small, it should be very easy to pull. Catcher is nothing special guys, if you really can't handle something off of your bench getting killed, you don't deserve to do well in a tournament anyways. Really, if you are playing Stage 2, just bench two of the basic you want to evolve, it ain't rocket surgery.

Ok wow, I price checked Catcher, and it is expensive 0_o
Man people upset me, this is just going to be another Lostgar. The internet is wrong about everything.

Let me ask you all something.When Gust of Wind came out,were people really that worried,because that's all this card is.Boo hoo if something gets Knocked Out because of it.That's why the concept of extras in a deck came to be.Why do you think that there's Super Rod(which is a reprint of Night Matinence)?Complaining about Catcher is like compaining about Scizor in VGC.A lot of people use it and a lot of other people counter it.Big deal.

Red Striker said:
Let me ask you all something.When Gust of Wind came out,were people really that worried,because that's all this card is.Boo hoo if something gets Knocked Out because of it.That's why the concept of extras in a deck came to be.

And that made no sense. Gust of Wind came out in base set, the very first set. Therefore, at that point, there had never been a format without GoW. As such, it didn't change the game at all, since there was no game before it. However, I do agree that Catcher won't ruin the metagame. Sure, you can use it in a fast deck to get some KOs. You can also use it in a slower deck to slow down the opponent to your speed while using Twins to catch up. Really, the only time that doesn't hold true is against Gothitelle, and Gothitelle won't win Nationals or Worlds and probably not even regionals because it auto-losses to anything with a Magnezone.

Red Striker said:
Let me ask you all something.When Gust of Wind came out,were people really that worried,because that's all this card is.Boo hoo if something gets Knocked Out because of it.That's why the concept of extras in a deck came to be.Why do you think that there's Good Rod(which is a reprint of Night Matinence)?Complaining about Catcher is like compaining about Scizor in VGC.A lot of people use it and a lot of other people counter it.Big deal.
Besides the fact that Dark Void absolutely pwned you, I'd like to point out that you're talking about Super Rod; Good Rod is in Unleashed.

*FIXED*(It was a minor mistake Zyflair)

Sure,there wasn't a format before GoW,but how about once more sets were released?I'm pretty sure that in the beginning of Pokemon TCG there was more than one set.

Red Striker said:
I'm pretty sure that in the beginning of Pokemon TCG there was more than one set.
Right, AFTER GoW was released. GoW was Base Set, the very first one to ever be released. There was a 1-set format, and that was Base Set. People weren't worried because there hadn't been a Pokémon TCG prior to GoW. They had absolutely nothing to compare it against.

As for the OP, the direction of the game is fine. We have much less donks than in the previous format and, most importantly, no definitive BDIF. No LuxChomp, no Plox, that defines this era. We have Yanmega, sure, but that's not a deck in and of itself. It's a card that goes well in a lot of decks– sort of like Claydol or Uxie.

Our format is very spread out considering the amount of sets we have (6 with EP). As Ty W said on Page 1, look at Worlds– all the 1st place decks were different from each other, and the 2nd place in Masters was a completely unheard-of rogue. In fact, the Master's 1st place deck was even a deck most players had thus far discarded as not being able to perform well (albeit with several differences from straight MagneBoar, but still the same basic idea).

I also agree with Ty W about the rules. Rare Candy errata and 1st turn changes are both bad for the game. They should never have happened– in fact, both of those have led to Yanmega's dominance, which people tend to view as the largest problem in this meta.

the candy nerf was a good thing for me. Had they retained the old rules, the guy going second could have candied something right away and would still lead into donks. I'd rather have the candy nerf and the pre-BW rules put together.

Although it was the BW rules which drove luxchomp out of the window due to the mid season rotation

I've only just got into the first page of this thread, but I will say this. This format is making it harder than ever for players to get creative and still be able to be competitive. Most of the cards that look great on paper actually don't do that well, even in fun play, and the stuff that is playable is hard to play around. Mirror matches are harder, I think, in this format, catcher is already ruining the game for me, and some players have become even more unwilling to help other players who are new to the game with pointers, or even a fair game when it comes to being out side of a competitive atmosphere. I have only been playing in tourneys for the last year, and as it stands, im really ready to throw in the towel.

I like this format. Mainly because there is no SP which I hated. I think the Rare Candy rule was a good choice because who wants Turn 1 Donphans, Magnazone Primes and Yanmegas? Plus it doesn't make Stage 2s unplayable, 1st and 2nd places at Worlds both had at least two Stage 2s in their decks.

Card Slinger J said:
Oh it's going to change the metagame trust me, I think it's really sad that the pack ratio in Emerging Powers is God awful and the price on Catcher is going to be jacked up to $20 a piece, so for people who have money WILL have Catchers while others struggle for awhile to get some for a decent price. Bad enough they didn't print Catchers in the EP Theme Decks like with Krookodile and Darmanitan which would've helped tremendously.

While in the sense that Pokemon Catcher pushes toward Trainer - Item locking it's most likely going to make the format one sided where you either run Vileplume, Gothitelle, or some other fast deck that can abuse the heck out of it. That's really what our metagame is shaping up towards from what I've been noticing, now will this be a bad thing? I more or less see it as a double-edged sword since it can benefit but also hurt the meta all at once.

The downside is that Catcher dumbs the game down, makes decks less playable, makes speed more important than creative deck building and smart strategies while at the same time it does help players be more creative with their decks and think more so in the end it basically contradicts itself. When you have the format focus on one particular card that warps the entire format you know you're going to still see problems with the game.

Had Catcher never been printed Trainer Lock probably wouldn't be of a viable deck as it will be and there would be more consistency with decks that won't have a chance to shine like Lanturn Prime decks that abuse Shuckle and Emboar for draw and energy acceleration. I really would've loved to build a Lanturn deck but since Catcher ruins it I can't play it that well unless I rely more on using Revive, Fisherman/Energy Retrieval, and/or Rare Candy to Emboar a Tepig. It could work possibly.

Catcher will never reach the $20 mark, maybe $10. But guess what, just buy 3 random booster packs at walmart for $12 and you should get atleast 1. And catcher doesn't ruin anything, only thing it ruins is bad deck builds. Theres alwats a difference between a good build and a bad build. If you can build your lanturn deck correctly, then build it and it will succeed, if its built wrong, it will fail.

And now I shall leave you with this comment since I've been arguing with you since you started the thread on this subject. If you really think the format is that horrible, then maybe you should just quit the game. The format is healthier then ever and only getting healthier, or in your eyes, getting worse. So really you're showing you don't know what you're talking about, and maybe it is just best to quit.

Azurial said:
Most of the cards that look great on paper actually don't do that well, even in fun play, and the stuff that is playable is hard to play around.
I disagree. Cards like Magnezone, Emboar, Typhlosion, Yanmega, Donphan, and Kingdra looked good on paper and have done great. Playable stuff always has a counter, and that's part of what makes this format great– there's really no deck that any deck has an autoloss to (unless you're playing some strange rogue deck that always loses to a meta deck, like Ducklett swarm).

Azurial said:
Mirror matches are harder, I think, in this format,
How can mirror matches be harder? They're always 50/50. In any format.

Azurial said:
catcher is already ruining the game for me,
Pokémon Catcher hasn't even been released yet...

Azurial said:
and some players have become even more unwilling to help other players who are new to the game with pointers, or even a fair game when it comes to being out side of a competitive atmosphere.
I don't see this where I'm from. And anyways, this isn't a problem with the game itself, it's more of a problem with people where you live.

Oh, and what you said about limited creativity– keep in mind that the deck that won Masters was almost a rogue (I had never heard of MagneBoar with Reshiram before Worlds) and the deck that came in second focused on cards that had received little to no hype. It was a complete rogue, and given five years with this exact format, I doubt anyone would have come up with it AND given it a chance otherwise.

Project696 said:
And now I shall leave you with this comment since I've been arguing with you since you started the thread on this subject. If you really think the format is that horrible, then maybe you should just quit the game. The format is healthier then ever and only getting healthier, or in your eyes, getting worse. So really you're showing you don't know what you're talking about, and maybe it is just best to quit.

No I'm not going to quit the Pokemon TCG, I mean sure the format is bad but it's not bad to the point where I'd want to quit the game. The format is healthy but it's not as healthy as it should be which I should've clarified before. There's improvements that need to be made but unfortunately it will take either time or swift action on PUSA/TPCi's part to take part in that.

Back