Do you play Magic the gathering?

bwaaaa said:
Darkness grace your question was answered by Shadowsniper 10 posts ago.

Bwaaaa

lol i should really check all the posts really thoroughly thanks for telling me i would have never noticed.

Oblivion Ring's back? That's always been a good white card. If JTMS was still in it's price would be ridiculous.

Oh. Darn I messed up that sentence..If JTMS was in the format, OR would be highly priced.

M12 is shaping up to be an amazing core set... Titans, Gideon, new Chandra, O-Ring, Ponder, Grim Lavamancer, DoJ, and, oh yeah, Smallpox, which has dominated in various formats. Visions from Beyond is broken, and the new Phantasmal cards look cool. The Fact or Fiction on-a-stick Sphinx is nice. The new Jace will be crazy if Innistrad does in fact have Flashback as a returning keyword. New Garruk is cool, but too mana intensive, and since Mono Green pretty much sucks right now, he's underwhelming.

I like running rogue decks, mainly because they're cheap, so I run Mono Black Infect. When M12 is released, I might try a Mono Blue Beatdown deck with the Phantasmal creatures.

And @ the person who asked Grave Titan or Wurmcoil Engine in MBC, Grave Titan is a much better card.

They're an archetype.

Phantasmal Bear - U
Creature - Illusion (C)
When Cardname becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice Cardname.
2/2

Phantasmal Dragon - 2UU
Creature - Illusion (U)
Flying
5/5

Phantasmal Image - 1U
Creature - Illusion (R)
Cardname enters the battlefield as a copy of target creature.
0/0

Lord of the Unreal - UU
Creature - Human Wizard (I think) (R)
Illusion creatures you control get +1/+1 and have Hexproof.
2/2

I could be slightly off on those wordings. Basically they're a bunch of undercosted creatures with a small drawback.

that's pretty good. is hexproof kind of like shroud? im not too informed of the new abilities. all i know thats new is bloodthirst

Hexproof is a one-sided shroud. Your opponents can't target the creature, but you can. So your opponent can't use Doom Blade but you can use Giant Growth on it.

oh that's beastly... i'll make a nice B/U deck out of these babies. its gonna be sick...

I also want to make a RDW deck as well. New Chandra, Incinerate, Grim Lavamancer, Chandra's Phoenix, Shrine of Burning Rage, Koth, etc. And mill once Innistrad comes out.

Hexproof has been in the game for a long period of time, it's just that up to now that Wizards decided to give it a name and it made me wonder why it took them so long to do it. Everybody knows Hexproof is better than Shroud.

Yeah, I still call it trollshroud anyway. Wizards has recently been on a text-shortening kick. Shortening "is sent to the graveyard from the battlefield" to "dies" should have been done ages ago, although some people don't like the change.

Probably not, there won't be much ramp after the rotation, save Rampant Growth.

yeah since valakut is out. thats good because we have a nice and balanced type 2 format not with this.

what is everyone's thought on the new jace and the reprint of sorin markov. and does anyone have any extra sorin markov they will be willing to trade?

Memory Adept? Uhm...He's pretty good.I'll try to get some copies of him for my Phantasmal deck. He's pretty good as if you beef him enough with loyalty counters you can make your opponent run out of cards in the deck.

Back