Finished Dungeons and Dragonites! [RPG]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whelp, Light took Ralts, some I'm going Budew!

Pokémon: Budew
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Quiet (+Sp. Atk, -Speed)
Class: Ninja Thief
Meelee Weapon: Seed Bomb
Ranged Weapon: Magical Leaf
HP: 11
Attack: 13
Defence: 18
Special Attack: 19
Special Defence: 3
Speed: 19

Last edited:
HP: 11
Attack: 13
Defence: 18
Special Attack: 19
Speed: 19
This may be our best character so far.

Oh, apparently Cut and Poison Jab are both TM moves... and, well, quite frankly, Budew has no *proper* Melee attacks from egg moves or level up. Nature Power is probably the closest, but then I need berrys. x---x;

Oh, apparently Cut and Poison Jab are both TM moves... and, well, quite frankly, Budew has no *proper* Melee attacks from egg moves or level up. Nature Power is probably the closest, but then I need berrys. x---x;
You get Pin Missile, Nature Power, Razor Leaf, and Seed Bomb as egg moves.

Well, Idk where to get berrys, but in my reef there are plenty of berries :3

Oh, I was going under the presumption that Melee had to be close quarters over ranged, not physical over special. My bad. :p

I'll swap to Seed Bomb then. :3

Well, since I was so perceptive, I just knew that someone would choose Ralts, I was just confirming. ;)

I hate you all for preventing me from using Thief Sandile.

Pokémon: Pawniard
Ability: Defiant
Nature: Jolly (+Speed, -Sp. Attack)
Class: Swordsman
Melee Weapon: Sucker Punch
Ranged Weapon: Psycho Cut
Stats:
HP: 15
Attack: 15
Defense: 1
Special Attack: 20
Speed: 7

Roll them dice.

Last edited:
Just to be clear before someone points these out, Psycho cut and Jabberwock's Sacred sword are considered ranged for the two of them because they learn no Special Moves by level-up or egg move.

HP: 15
Attack: 15
Defense: 1
Special Attack: 20
Speed: 7

I hope I'm not too late! Though I always hate it when I can't do my own stat rolls. :p Also, 1d20 instead of 4d6 minus the lowest? Ouch.

Name: Athena
Pokémon: Shellos
Ability: Storm Drain
Class: Mage
Nature: Timid
Melee Weapon: Body Slam
Range Weapon: Muddy Water

LIWoQTa.png

Not being able to assign a roll to a stat is really frustrating with these buffs and debuffs. My best stat could be my debuff and I have no control over it! x_x
I have a few questions, @thegrovylekid, which I don't see the answers of mentioned in the OP:
Is STAB a thing in this game?
Do base power and accuracy of moves affect anything in this game? Would Dragon Rush be as powerful and accurate as Dragon Claw? It'd be useful to see what maths you're doing to decide on damage output and accuracy if they do.
I have two question about class specific abilities: It seems like for the Archer class, Arrow Rain is its own move. What damage output does it have? Furthermore, what exactly does the Guard ability on the Knight class do and how does the Speed stat affect this? I can p much guess what guarding does, but it'd be nice to have a concrete answer.

This looks like a really amazing game though, and it's quite complicated, so it's fine having a couple things slip through the cracks! :p

This is going to be interesting.

Pokémon:Murkrow
Ability: Super Luck
Class: Archer
Nature: Hasty
Melee Weapon:Aerial Ace
Ranged Weapon: Dark Pulse

When I first saw this in my email (I have email notifications for PB games) my first post was simply going to be "YES!" but then I realized I would get in trouble for it, so here I am typing out an actually thoughtful response to the the thread. *mods of the thread you may now shower me with gifts of cute puppies delivered to my house in no more than one week for doing this*

Pokémon: Mudkip
Ability: Damp
Nature: Brave (-speed +attack)
Gender: Polygender (this is best described in an answer to a question. Professor Deity welcomes you to the world of Humans, and asks if you're a boy or a girl the boy says "boy", the girl says "girl", the a-gender person says "no" and the polygender person says "yes") Btw I put this because 1 non-binary gendered people should get more attention and 2 why can't this work? It's pretty simple, I affect both binary gendered Pokemon and non-binary gendered Pokemon and they affect me. Ie Mew can use Attract on me and I can use attract on Mew, both a male and female Skity can use Attract on me, and I can use it on both of them.
Class: Archer
Melee Attack: Ice Ball (this is an egg move believe it or not, and it's basically roll out for ice types)
Ranged Attack: Before I answer this I really want to know what kind of PP system we're using, are we using the standard dex PP numbers, numbers for PMD and if so which one and will we be able to easily obtain elixirs and/or PP ups?
HP: 19
Attack: 14
Defence: 16
Special Attack: 9
Special Defence: 19
Speed: 05

Other stuff I need answered:
Are you going off of pmd 1-2 or SPMD which is also amazing but would allow stuff to get interesting with emeras and looplets, and in the event that those are in the game I demand that I be given an ally revive emera! Which system are you using for calculating non move attack damage, like the basic A attack, PMD 1-2 or....SPMD numbers? Will we be able to do stuff other than just attack and move? ie shove an enemy into a pit fall trap? Are gummies in the game or are they not like in SPMD and if they are will you be using the standard IQ systems in PMD 1-2? And if you are what about pokemon that are not in those IQ catagories as they are pokemon beyond gen 4, ie honedge? How is range calculated as in which pmd game's move range numbers are you using pmd 1-2 or SPMD? Are shiny pokemon in the game and do they have 200 belly like they do in the japanese exclusive PMD games? Can we befriend new pokemon and if we can do we get new friend bonuses if we use stuff like a friendship scarf? I doubt anyone will chose this, but do you consider Phione legendary or not I ask as it's a big nerd debate among pokemon fans? Please tell me we get to use items like pointy throwable sticks etc. #PMD 1-2 swampertvet

And as of those questions which mean I probably put waaaay more thought into this than I should have. I now announce that I will try to host the next version of this as I just realized how freaking obsessed I am with PMD games.

Also for the avatar do you want me to use an empoleon or swampert or mudkip one? And if so from which pmd game? BTW Empoleon's avatar icon for SPMD does not show up on google atm but I can take a picture of my 3ds of it.

Last edited:
Though I always hate it when I can't do my own stat rolls. :p
I trust you, but I'm rolling everyone to prevent cheaters :p

Is STAB a thing in this game?
No, STAB isn't.

Do base power and accuracy of moves affect anything in this game? Would Dragon Rush be as powerful and accurate as Dragon Claw? It'd be useful to see what maths you're doing to decide on damage output and accuracy if they do.
Neither of these actually effect anything more than Flavour, though both Dragon Rush and Dragon Claw would gain added effects based on what they do in-game, which should probably influence your move choice.

I have two question about class specific abilities: It seems like for the Archer class, Arrow Rain is its own move. What damage output does it have?
Arrow Rain is based on your strength divided by 3, to hit 3 separate targets.

Furthermore, what exactly does the Guard ability on the Knight class do and how does the Speed stat affect this? I can p much guess what guarding does, but it'd be nice to have a concrete answer.
It guards someone from all damage for that turn. Might be useful to guard Jabber as he dies in 1 attack most of the time. Speed determines the chance of success, as you have to move over to them. So if you roll a number equal to or higher than your speed stat, you fail. For instance, if Jabberwock and Professorlight both became knights and tried to guard Athena, Jabberwock would have to roll a 20 to fail, whereas professorlight would have to roll a 3 upwards to fail.

Are you going off of pmd 1-2 or SPMD which is also amazing but would allow stuff to get interesting with emeras and looplets, and in the event that those are in the game I demand that I be given an ally revive emera!
This is based off the second "generation" of PMD games, Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky.

Before I answer this I really want to know what kind of PP system we're using, are we using the standard dex PP numbers, numbers for PMD and if so which one and will we be able to easily obtain elixirs and/or PP ups?
PP doesn't exist. Pick whichever attack you think is coolest.

~~~~~~~~~~
Accuracy does exist, it is determined by a roll on the opponent's speed stat. For instance, if Jabberwock goes to attack an opponent with a 15 speed, and I roll a 14, he misses. If I roll a 16, he hits. Just making this clear.
~~~~~~~~~~

Which system are you using for calculating non move attack damage, like the basic A attack, PMD 1-2 or....SPMD numbers?
The formula is:

{Your strength Stat} - {Opponent's Defence Stat} to a minimum of 1.

Will we be able to do stuff other than just attack and move? ie shove an enemy into a pit fall trap?
If there is a Pit Trap, yes, you can shove an enemy into one. If there is one. It's an RPG, you get to pick what you want to do. If you want to jump up and down on one foot for your turn and make Donkey Noises, that's fine by me :p

re gummies in the game or are they not like in SPMD and if they are will you be using the standard IQ systems in PMD 1-2?
it's your IQ, or how you choose to act.

How is range calculated as in which pmd game's move range numbers are you using pmd 1-2 or SPMD?
Range lets you hit any enemies that aren't directly in front of you. [for instance, some on the other side of the room.]

Are shiny pokemon in the game and do they have 200 belly like they do in the japanese exclusive PMD games?
If you want to be Shiny, I'm not going to stop you :p

Can we befriend new pokemon and if we can do we get new friend bonuses if we use stuff like a friendship scarf?
You can't. It's only the player characters.

I doubt anyone will chose this, but do you consider Phione legendary or not I ask as it's a big nerd debate among pokemon fans?
I do consider Phione a legendary.

Also for the avatar do you want me to use an empoleon or swampert or mudkip one? And if so from which pmd game? BTW Empoleon's avatar icon for SPMD does not show up on google atm but I can take a picture of my 3ds of it.
your choice.

now, stats! :D

HP: 13
Attack: 11
Defence: 20
Special Attack: 13
Special Defence: 6
Speed: 18
You may have just dethroned bb for the best stats.

Mage is now full! No more mages can be chosen!
HP: 12
Attack: 16
Defence: 7
Special Attack: 7
Special Defence: 16
Speed: 15

Archer is now full! No more Archers can be chosen!

@Empoleon_master , you need to pick a different class because dos took the last archer spot.

Thanks for answering the questions, TGK! ^~^
Pokémon: Swablu
Ability: Natural Recovery (fsr that's the name of Natural Cure in PMD)
Class: Knight
Nature: Sassy
Melee Weapon: Dragon Rush
Ranged Weapon: Moonblast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back