Durant makes me want to quit TCG

Status
Not open for further replies.
AmishEskimoNinja said:
Ok, so of that list
1) Trainer lock is a terrible matchup. So that one won't prove anything.
2) Reshiboar is fire and also a terrible matchup. So that also won't prove anything.

Tornadus/Celebi is the only one that doesn't have a bad matchup. Any disagreements?

Hook, line and sinker. Play those decks if you want.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
Ok, so of that list
1) Trainer lock is a terrible matchup. So that one won't prove anything.
2) Reshiboar is fire and also a terrible matchup. So that also won't prove anything.

Tornadus/Celebi is the only one that doesn't have a bad matchup. Any disagreements?

Trainer lock isn't that bad actually. The Truth is a near auto-win for Durant (no Twins, needs to get out a turn 3 plume with attacker to win while valuable cards are being discarded.

ChandyPlume is really hard if they can get their cards out.

alexmf2 said:
Hook, line and sinker. Play those decks if you want.

But you didn't prove anything. I said durant only loses to bad matchups which you didn't agree with. So you presented me with mostly bad matchups.

Also, I'm not rich enough to play ChandePlume.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
But you didn't prove anything. I said durant only loses to bad matchups which you didn't agree with. So you presented me with mostly bad matchups.

Also, I'm not rich enough to play ChandePlume.

Well then, what do you want me to play?

I said Torndaus/Celebi is fine.

So here are the rules:
Best 2 of 3
No time limit (since it doesn't translate into PlayTCG)

I cancelled that game. He was using next set cards. Which isn't the discussion here.

alexmf2 said:
She left because I was using next set cards...

Thats what I get for using a female avatar. :p honestly, though, a pikachu boy woudn't be nearly as aesthetically appealing.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
I cancelled that game. He was using next set cards. Which isn't the discussion here.

Thats what I get for using a female avatar. :p

Well I am not sure how you play Mewtwo Celebi Tornadus without ND cards.

Like all decks, Durant has it's good and bad matchups. Complaining that you need a certain deck to beat Durant is like complaining that you need a certain deck to beat EelZone, which, similarly to Durant, in some cases you do!

^He didn't say there was mewtwo in it. He said tornadus celebi.

We don't even know all of what's in the new set. How can we test with it yet?

Glaceon said:
Like all decks, Durant has it's good and bad matchups. Complaining that you need a certain deck to beat Durant is like complaining that you need a certain deck to beat EelZone, which, similarly to Durant, in some cases you do!

But thats exactly my point. You have to have a certain deck to beat it. Normal decks don't. Thats what I'm trying to prove. Thats why its not fun to play against because I have to run fire or trainer lock to beat it.

Celebi Tornadus is obviously not a deck by itself.

Only confirmed cards have been added.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
^He didn't say there was mewtwo in it. He said tornadus celebi.

We don't even know all of what's in the new set. How can we test with it yet?

But thats exactly my point. You have to have a certain deck to beat it. Normal decks don't. Thats what I'm trying to prove. Thats why its not fun to play against because I have to run fire or trainer lock to beat it.

If that was even close to true, Durant would have won quite a lot more CC's...

AmishEskimoNinja said:

It my point too. You have to have certain decks to beat The Truth, do you not? You have to have certain decks to beat Gothitelle, do you not? You have to have certain decks to be just about every deck out there, but you pick Durant to complain about. "Normal" decks don't beat The Truth, only certain decks do.

alexmf2 said:
If that was even close to true, Durant would have won quite a lot more CC's...

All it takes is a reshiphlosion or a trainer lock to beat it. Which is why those are the only decks that are winning significant numbers of cities.

AmishEskimoNinja said:
All it takes is a reshiphlosion or a trainer lock to beat it. Which is why those are the only decks that are winning significant numbers of cities.

Yes, but that is the case with a variety of other decks too.

AmishEskimoNinja said:

Other than the Truth, neither of those decks are played anymore, except for a little Phlosion in the Northeast

Glaceon said:
It my point too. You have to have certain decks to beat The Truth, do you not? You have to have certain decks to beat Gothitelle, do you not? You have to have certain decks to be just about every deck out there, but you pick Durant to complain about. "Normal" decks don't beat The Truth, only certain decks do.

No I disagree. The truth can be beaten by anything with catchers, consistent damage, and a fast set up. Virtually everything fits into that. And gothitelle gets beaten by anything that can outspeed it or do 130 damage. Which is a huge portion of the meta.

alexmf2 said:
Other than the Truth, neither of those decks are played anymore, except there is still a little Phlosion in the Northeast

Trainer lock isn't played? The two Cities in my area were won by a Chandeplume and a Reshiphlosion. So speaking from experience, they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back