BW/BW2 English names for the starters

basileaf gets basil leaf and the infered basilsk. smug and leaf. big whup. also slivine has vine slither and an inferred sly so theres my opinion. and no one answered my question:do you like the name monocoli/moncoli?

frostwind said:
basileaf gets basil leaf and the infered basilsk. smug and leaf. big whup. also slivine has vine slither and an inferred sly so theres my opinion. and no one answered my question:do you like the name monocoli/moncoli?

I still like smugleaf better than basileaf.

At first I didn't like the name monocoli, but since I can't come up with anything better, I like yours.

ok i figured monkey or mono(monkey in spanish) with brocoli. also i want basileaf as its evo. it seems more fitting and smugleaf wont happen i think but i wont try to change your opinion.

i still say smugleaf is awesome no matter what you guys say! But, basileaf, that is just dumb, it is just basil and leaf, oh big whup!

toille12345 said:
i still say smugleaf is awesome no matter what you guys say! But, basileaf, that is just dumb, it is just basil and leaf, oh big whup!

Smugleaf is just dumb, that is just smug and leaf, oh big whup.

Mijumaru- Cutotter
Pokabu- Pignite/Piglit

good point, but it is better than basileaf.

mijumaru-no freaking idea/wotter
pokabu-pignite/piglit
tsutaja-smugleaf (for sure!)

im really getting tired of seeing the name snivy!
snivy is a terrible name!
the words dont fit together, and it just doesnt make sence!
you cant just throw together the first two letters of one word in front of another!
please tell me someone agreees with me that snivy is a terrible name!
alot of these names are jsut two words that dont sound good together that are just slapped together without any creativity!
here are the best names ive heard so far: serplant for tsutaaja, pignite/pignition/emboar for pokabu, and wotter for mijumaru
these names not only make sence but they spound good and arent ear abuse!
ik that wotter isnt that good but at least its better than all this other crap like ottocean, or cubble
i know that those names for mijumaru didnt deserve my insults, but im really tired of snivy, and i think that alot of these names are just awful!

Zalman said:
Pokabu = Pumbaa

'nuff said.

LMAO, so true!

Anyways, all the names in this thread are absolutely horrible, except Emboar. That one actually makes sense and sounds good. However, as bad as these names are, it's not like the official US names will necessarily be better. The 4th gen being the worst example of some really horrible English names, like Frosslass, Bronzong, and Garchomp, and needlessly changed names that were fine in Japanese since they were English words or just rearranged. Beequeen sounds better and makes much more sense then VESPIQUEN and Megayanma makes more sense then YANMEGA.

Tarazuma said:
LMAO, so true!

Anyways, all the names in this thread are absolutely horrible, except Emboar. That one actually makes sense and sounds good. However, as bad as these names are, it's not like the official US names will necessarily be better. The 4th gen being the worst example of some really horrible English names, like Frosslass, Bronzong, and Garchomp, and needlessly changed names that were fine in Japanese since they were English words or just rearranged. Beequeen sounds better and makes much more sense then VESPIQUEN and Megayanma makes more sense then YANMEGA.

Hurtful.

And... I liked Frosslass... u_u

And Megayanma sounds uncreative.

I don't care for many on this thread either, but I was trying to predict what NOA would do with the names. Meaning I don't have to like them.

Doesn't matter what's going to happen in the end, my Mijumaru is stilll going to be named Snugglysnuggler.

yeah, i liked garchomp and froslass. also, megayanma and beequeen are really stupid, and dumb, i mean vespiquen makes sense, queen+vespa (latin for bee/wasp)
and so does yanmega (yanma+mega+sounds better than megayanma)

I think the starters english names should be

{W}-Seatot like sea and ot[/align]ter
{G}-serpint like serpent
{R}-Scorpig like scorching fire and pig

toille12345 said:
also, megayanma and beequeen are really stupid, and dumb

They are not "stupid and dumb", they are coherant. They may be "uncreative" as Hellion said, but at least they make sense. I prefer sense making "boring" names to cheesy sounding "creative" ones.

I am aware that vespa means wasp, however, in order to fit this they needed to remove one of the "e's" from queen, thus making it misspelled and idiotic looking. The same thing goes for Feraligator, which I refuse to spell without the "o" as the game does.

Megayanma makes more sense because mega is a prefix. It is the "mega" (large) evolution of Yanma. Yanmega makes no sense, because mega is never used as a suffix. It just look ridiculous and there was no need to change it from Megayanma.

Back