Forum Rules Question Thread

RE: PokeBeach.com Forum Rules - Everyone Must Read and Understand Before Posting

Inappropriate.

About the clans thing, we've basically got the standard Pokebeach rules and the thread locking issue that applies to it.

RE: PokeBeach.com Forum Rules - Everyone Must Read and Understand Before Posting

Well, yeah, that's what I meant. There's no specifics past the regular rulings.

From what I read at first, I thought you meant "noe rulez". Ok, now everything's clarified.

Señor Noobnerd said:
From what I read at first, I thought you meant "noe rulez". Ok, now everything's clarified.

Not everything. Clarify this without asking any other mod - Could someone create another clan regarding the same topic, ie I created the PMDC, someone comes along, creates a clan also called PMDC, and calls it the "Better PMDC"

Of course not. This thing doesn't even need rules; it will get locked at once.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Of course not. This thing doesn't even need rules; it will get locked at once.

But still, it's not in the rules :)

Btw, you mods should make some rules for clans of some sort. ALso, 2 clans covering the same topic will not get locked; I don't see Sinnoh League getting locked, with Team Twi in place :p I know, it was just a joke :)

RE: PokeBeach.com Forums Rules: Everyone must read and understand unless they want to be banned.

The Sinnoh League is not a clan :mad:

But there are two-thousand clans for certain Pokémon and Naruto. There shall be a rule.

RE: PokeBeach.com Forum Rules: Everyone must read and understand unless they want to be banned.

Thanks for posting the rules WPM

RE: Forum Rules: Everyone must read and understand unless they want to be banned.

I have edited the first post formalizing a new rule that you may not use the avatar of any staff member. Please make a note of it.

RE: Forum Rules: Everyone must read and understand unless they want to be banned.

I'm pretty sure that about this whole no "chatspeak" on PB WPm put up, dude not to sound disrespectful, i'm expressing my opinion, but ahem...

Why put us down like this, chatspeak although not appropriate all the time isn't all that good of reason to ban someone, its a convenient form of communicating in the 21st century...

Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson said:
I have edited the first post formalizing a new rule that you may not use the avatar of any staff member. Please make a note of it.

I also hope that the staff will not tolerate anyone using an avatar already used by someone else, and that should inculde other things such as Signature, Bio, etc. Exceptions inculde usage of common stuff such as Ken Sugimori avatar, signature, etc. If the person does receive permission, then he could use the same things as the other party.

Tobi_Akatsuki's_Idiot said:
I'm pretty sure that about this whole no "chatspeak" on PB WPm put up, dude not to sound disrespectful, i'm expressing my opinion, but ahem...

Why put us down like this, chatspeak although not appropriate all the time isn't all that good of reason to ban someone, its a convenient form of communicating in the 21st century...
By chatspeak, do you mean "lol" or "yea u suk"? These two are different things. The first is allowed. Omg, wth, gtg, bbl, etc.

But u is stupid nubs is not.

WPM, the newbie guide link doesn't work, it says " The specified thread does not exist ".

Blazing_Monkey said:
WPM, the newbie guide link doesn't work, it says " The specified thread does not exist ".
Link fixed.

I'm inquiring about several things:

1: Is there a time when the server is un-available? Like, 3:30 am?
2: Can we post in other languages?

Thank you!

1. Not done on purpose, no specific times.
2. No. Sorry.

ok we changed our thing when we first camed to the forums we all had what is now my acount we changed that now we are all having our own acounts

here is my questions:
1. i have had trouble spelling I am ok most of the time but i am scared i love pokemon and i dont whant to be banneed so what can i do?
2. I have a very old and crudy computer and its hard to makesure all the bottons are pushed in and it is slow so i may acsidently post sumthing more then onece. is that a major problem.
3. is it ok if we abreviate like /computer=comp. is that ok

Most of youar problems comes not from spelling, but from the incorrect grammar you use. We would be able to figure out misspellings, but incorrect grammar makes it a string of words that nobody gets. Just work on the grammar and forget about most of the spelling.

1) Spelling? Ok, big words such as "supercalifragilisticexpialidocius" cannot be spelled easily, but at least make an effort to spell simple words correctly, such as "what". I'm not referring to you, but some people still say "wut" after reminders. For a start, you could start your sentences with capital letters.

2) Don't worry, we'll delete it. It happens to us too. If you want to, you can delete it by yourself. When we say double-posting is wrong, it means:

Post number one at 9:15: hey i need help
Post number two at 10:17: hey noone wanna help me? :(

It was barely an hour.

3) Abbreviations... They're fine, but not too many.

Señor Noobnerd said:
3) Abbreviations... They're fine, but not too many.

IMO abbreviations like IMO, IIRC, FTW, QFT, PokéBeach Forums, etc is fine, while abbreviations like plz, pls, nvm, gg, gtg, bb are just plain n00bish.

Enjoy my 2 cents.

Back