Forum Rules Question Thread

The Top of the Format thread has been going quite out of hand with its more recent posts, and though I would like to report some sort of behavior in there, my lack-of-actually-reporting-something senses have kicked in, so I just thought I'd ask if there is any behavior that can be deemed breaking the rules, and if so, which post(s) would that be?

Why don't you report them?

Any post that will cause another member to feel offended can be considered as rule breaking.

Señor Noobnerd said:
Why don't you report them?

Any post that will cause another member to feel offended can be considered as rule breaking.

Okay, thank you for clearing that up for me, Señor.

Obviously posting obsene and vulgar language is not allowed, but are any curses allowed at all, so long as they are not pointed at another user?

Dia said:
Obviously posting obsene and vulgar language is not allowed, but are any curses allowed at all, so long as they are not pointed at another user?
Nope. We have kids surfing this web.

I meant in a Fan Fic. As in I would post a warning like Pimpwalkin' Mateo Johnson did on Seven Days of Terror.

Yes and no. Innapropriate content on Fanfics should not be posted unless warned, and if I warn the community, I think that would be okay. Don't you?

It's really the mods call, but I think that's ok.

But try to not do so unless you feel it is needed in the story.

I just have two questions that I hope someone can answer.
1)Can anyone start a tournament or Clan?
2)Do you need permission from anybody?

berserker27 said:
I just have two questions that I hope someone can answer.
1)Can anyone start a tournament or Clan?
2)Do you need permission from anybody?
1) Yes.
2) Please go read go read the clan rules down in the Community Fun Section. As with tournaments, you can create one, but be sure that you're posting this in the right forum :)

I'm not sure where I would ask this question, so I'm going to ask it here! What does it mean when someone's username is red with a line through it?

That means the person is temporarily banned or lost some forum privledges for a limited amount of time due to multiple infractions of the forum rules. That's at least what I think. :)

Ooh, 'cause someone with a red stricken through username wants to trade with me, so I'm not sure I want to trade with someone who was banned....

Oh, well, based on how much you know of the person will help you make the decision. There's no rule against it. I also did not know that temporarily banned members could PM or post... :)

Well, his name wasn't red the first time I saw it, but it was when I refreshed the page. It must have been a fresh ban, or something. o_O

Back