Forum Rules Question Thread

RE: PokeBeach.com Forum Rules - Everyone Must Read and Understand Before Posting

I have a question about the signature rules. When you say max 255 characters, does that include URLs for pictures and the bold/italic/underline symbols before the words? I'm talking about how you have to put [url =] and [/url] and other things like that (spaces so it wouldn't make a url). I copied my signature over to Word and it counted a little more than 300 characters, but that was including the URLs for the pictures. I KNOW my signature is okay for the size limit, but not sure about the character part. Does characters only count for words that you can see in the signature, then? I'm confused. o_O

RE: PokeBeach.com Forum Rules - Everyone Must Read and Understand Before Posting

Mewstor said:
Oh and I didn't see anything about double/triple ect. posting. Does the foorum have an automatic post merger thingie or should there be a rule about this?
Double and triple posting is not generally accepted. People tend to report them and we'll deal with them anyway.

I have read the rules.Why we cant put a larger avatar?

my sing is ok or too big

I am thinking of selling Pokemon on Ebay. I don't have an Ebay Store though but is it still ok to put a link in my signature to a completed search of my items in Ebay?

Note that if your question is directly answered in the rules, we will not answer them in our posts.

Water Pokémon Master said:
Signature and Avatar Rules
  1. Signatures may not exceed the width and height of 670x250 pixels. Text is limited to 255 characters. Excessively large signatures will be removed, and we will not save your data. You will receive a temporary ban if you make a long signature more than once. As of April 17th, if you do not fix your signature within one week, it will be deleted and you will receive a temporary ban. If your signature is too large, make your images smaller and/or cut out text. If you don't know how to do this, read the "Information for Newbies & FAQ" guide.
  2. Avatars can be no larger than 125x125 pixels.
  3. The below image is the exact maximum width and height your signature can be:

signature.jpg

This outline for signatures CLEARLY does not answer whether or not URLs are included in the text count. Does max 255 characters include letters/words in URL links to pictures, or not?

Characters that show in your signature, so no.

Hy!

I'm an Portuguese user. I don't understand some words, for example heightened and siblings.

Can you explain or translate those for me please?

Thank You ;)

Another Question:
Is my Account under any infraction?

Thanks You Again. ;)
Stay Cool :cool:

Water Pokémon Master said:
Characters that show in your signature, so no.

Okay! Thanks for clearing that up for me. :D

Mewstor said:
Why is everybody asking if the're signature is too big? There's a black box you can compare your signature on in the rules. If your signature is bigger than the box, it's too big. Easy :)
I fully agree about the signature rule. It could be smaller even.

And I have to also say that I'm not originally an english speaking person (from Finland too like Tekarit ;)) but I try my hardest to spell correctly.

Oh and I didn't see anything about double/triple ect. posting. Does the foorum have an automatic post merger thingie or should there be a rule about this?
OK Mewstor! Sorry for buggin' ya!! I didn't read that post until I started browsing... I'll take out my Flareon...:(

Gus_Maia said:
Hy!

I'm an Portuguese user. I don't understand some words, for example heightened and siblings.

Can you explain or translate those for me please?

Thank You ;)

Heightened mean made longer or taller.

Siblings are borthers or sisters.

Ive edited my sig now... I agree to all the rules and understand them too!

Read, understood.
Changed my signature for fear that it was too big.

what if you want to change your account name. Will that go against the rules???

As an AOL user, many people share my IP address. That is actually why I had to wait so long to sign up. So, is there a possibility of me being banned?

Where's the point of having rule about width? Isn't it ok to have banner bigger then that?

Edit: I don't want to SPAM with another post, so I'll tell you this interesting fact in this post. The smallest monitor was smaller then a inch (even smaller then a centimeter)

As long as it doesn't stretch the page of a smallest computer screen ever invented, I doubt if WPM would care.

I have two brothers, each one of them has their own account.

Wichu said:
I have two brothers, each one of them has their own account.
That's perfectly fine then.

Back