Future Metagame Speculation Thread

RE: The Official Future Metagame Speculation Thread

To this whole page of posts all I have to say is.....

enhanced hammer gg

RogueChomp said:
To this whole page of posts all I have to say is....

enhanced hammer gg

Doesn't excuse you for the fact that Basic EXs will still be everywhere. :p

RogueChomp said:

enhanced hammer gg
How exactly is it gg? They have colress machine to quickly get the energy back, and most decks won't even find enhanced hammer worth it, considering Plasma won't even be that good. There, I said it. I don't think Plasma will be as great as you guys are hyping it to be.

pokemonjoe said:
RogueChomp said:

enhanced hammer gg
How exactly is it gg? They have colress machine to quickly get the energy back, and most decks won't even find enhanced hammer worth it, considering Plasma won't even be that good. There, I said it. I don't think Plasma will be as great as you guys are hyping it to be.

If someone Enhanced Hammers the Plasmas they won't have as many and in the case of Lugia, that is devastating. Also, I agree with you. I don't think Plasma is as great as many people think.

Enhanced hammer deprives them of one of the most important cards in their deck. Its also irreplaceable. Darkrai can use Enhanced hammer fairly well.

and why will Plasma not be as good as people think it will be?

Roguechomp ninja'd me... with an answer to my question... ?>.<?

Not that great but it will be hyped so you will be better running enhanced. The only reason that I would run Plasma, is that there won't be so many good cards non-plasma to play. Of course some are nice to play like Crobat and Weavile but most of them aren't so fun.

grantm1999 said:
and why will Plasma not be as good as people think it will be?

Roguechomp ninja'd me... with an answer to my question... ?>.<?

Because it does not have efficient attackers that don't require Plasma Energy (a special energy that can easily be Enhanced Hammer, while it's only "good attacker", Lugia-EX, discards it) to attack.

Articuno can also abuse Plasma Energy without needing of discarding.

Flygon2071 said:

It can also be easily countered by a Keldeo EX tech and takes 4 energy to attack, 2 of them which are Water and 1 Plasma Energy.

Roronoa Zoro said:
Flygon2071 said:

It can also be easily countered by a Keldeo EX tech and takes 4 energy to attack, 2 of them which are Water and 1 Plasma Energy.

Two Keldeo EX. Otherwise I just Catcher the Keldeo and attack that. This makes it slightly more viable, but not that much.

Dark Void said:
Roronoa Zoro said:

Two Keldeo EX. Otherwise I just Catcher the Keldeo and attack that. This makes it slightly more viable, but not that much.

Well, of course you can do that but it's still an easy card to counter.

EDIT: Not to mention it's attack only does 80 damage, which isn't very good.

Then just run Deoxys.
Why am I defending Articuno? I just wanted to point out that Lugia wasn't the only good attacker that needed Plasma Energy. As I said Plasma isn't that good and TPCi is just trying to get it broken. I really prefer non-Plasma pokemon but there are not many (Kingdra is the only new pokemon that I can think of that isn't Plasma).

it could do 40 for all I care, permanent paralysis with no drawbacks is the most broken mechanic in the game. Only the popularity of Keldeo will keep it down imo.

Flygon2071 said:
Then just run Deoxys.
Why am I defending Articuno? I just wanted to point out that Lugia wasn't the only good attacker that needed Plasma Energy. As I said Plasma isn't that good and TPCi is just trying to get it broken. I really prefer non-Plasma pokemon but there are not many (Kingdra is the only new pokemon that I can think of that isn't Plasma).

Yeah, Articuno is not bad but status conditions aren't that great anymore. They are easy to counter, really. I think the metagame will stay the same after these 2 sets (maybe with some new inclusions to old decks, but still the same kind of decks).

Big Basics will still dominate but not the same decks. Darkdreigon will stand in the meta but not T1 IMO. Eels will see a decrease and some Plasma decks will enter.

Flygon2071 said:
Big Basics will still dominate but not the same decks. Darkdreigon will stand in the meta but not T1 IMO. Eels will see a decrease and some Plasma decks will enter.

Well, I think straight Darkrai, Landorus/Mewtwo and Blastoise/Keldeo will still be good. I definitely agree with you, Darkdreigon won't be Tier 1 and Eels won't see much play.

MDL said:
Top 5 cards:
Number 1: Ghetsis - I think this card will either be great or very bad. I'm betting on the second option. Why? Because it's easy to play around (if you expect your opponent to play Ghetsis, just play your trainers immediately), and you can benefit from it when your opponent uses it against you (like getting useless trainers off the hand so you can draw more with Bianca, or you don't want to discard certain trainers with Juniper).

Number 2: Tornadus EX - This card has soooo much potential. However, it's an EX with a crappy second attack that will just sit on your bench for the whole game, so it might not be very good.

Number 3: Mr. Mime - Yes, Mr. Mime. His ability is very good with all the Darkrai and Landorus EX sniping. It can win you the game easily. Don't underestimate this card as a tech.

Number 4: Super Energy Retrieval - Blastoise will absolutely love this card. I can't wait for it to come out.

Number 5: Frozen City - This card can be good. It just depends on Lugia, basically. If Lugia is good, this card is beast. If Lugia isn't worth it, this card won't be good.

Special mentions: Keckleon is the perfect Mewtwo counter for Blastoise (or any deck that uses DCE). It only gives up one prize! Mewtwo might see a decrease in play.
Electrode might find a place in Blastoise, because when those N's to 1/2 occur, those extra cards might win you the game.
I don't see Thundurus EX or Deoxys EX making any kind of impact in the game. Thundurus EX basically wastes you 1 turn of attacking to get back a Special Energy, while you get hit by your opponent. Deoxys EX just doesn't seem worth it.

The metagame won't change a lot after these sets come out IMO. It will basically be Darkrai VS Blastoise IMO. Of course that some other stuff will see play, but I don't think this set makes any big change to the metagame.

mate how can you play around a ghetsis that happends turn one? just think about it
getting every trainer in your opening hand back into your deck now all that is left to do is play your one supporter of the turn
i can see elektrik gettin slammed by ghetsis and the late game potential is insane
and Thundurus ex first attack is actully pretty decent 30 dmg is not bad for one energy and then spam energy onto a lugia ex or something

turn 1 would be thundurus ex just dealing 30 dmg and hopefully you've gotten energies in the discard then attach it to lugia ! :) or some other attacker
and with colres machine lugia should be ready to go by turn 2
i for one think that is kinda sick
and turn 2 just keep on charging your pokemon!
then slam your oppnent to the ground with lugia ex :D

If the current meta doesn't change then Klingklang TP and Lucario will go berserk and win anything IMO.

The meta will change :)we will see alot of darkrai tho and blastois but there will be plenty of new decks out there

Back