GDI Smeargle, Spit That Out! - "It's okay, I'm an artist" [Art trades! Collabs! Whatever! Alright!]

Should we have a monthly/weekly featured piece?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: GDI Smeargle, Spit That Out! - The Group For all Artists and Art Enthusiasts!

Yes, Aggie, he is kidding, haha.
But I'm not. Me and LJ are collaborating on a rap. Count on a cool video to go with it. Well, not really, 'cuz we prolly won't record it, and we know nothing about video editing, but, you know.
Also, welcome to the group, Shinx! Glad to see we're getting good members in exchange for the inactive ones on the old group.

RE: GDI Smeargle, Spit That Out! - The Group For all Artists and Art Enthusiasts!

Oh yeah. The raps about Diglett by the way. NERDCORE 4 LYFE
Oh yeah. And I'm starting on page one of that comic.

I drew the picture, but I'm on vacation.(Hersey Park)
So I can't post it yet.

Alrighty, can't wait to see it.

I'm inking this page. it's pretty ill.

That only took an hour and a half, don't worry. Almost half way done!

Three hour pages take a long time to do. I don't know how long, but long.

Tryin to keep up.
oooookay__by_misspahnikable-d3dmn8h.jpg

My piece for the art challenge.
I have no idea. It doesn't make sense. It just kind of happened, and I like it but I wish I had something better to put in it than lyrics. Wax btw.

I like it a lot. It's artsy.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention thst AN ARTIST THAT I ADMIRE THOUGHT GRACE N' ME LOOKED COOL AND DREW US TOGETHER WITH MY TEAM
pokemanz_by_paczkipie-d3dls3h.png

I legit almost cried.

Me too, thanks. Awe yisss I was gonna post that.
I was pretty close to crying too.
THAT KID. Too cool.

You got a legit shiny scraggy LJ?

Haha, that's not shiny dude. And yeah, I have a Scrafty, it's name is Popka. I guess I never posted this.

That kid man, she's like my celebrity crush, and she's not even famous.

Oh, ditto. She drew us all crazy good. Like even better than I can draw myself. And she's really cute.

^This.
Somehow she is like, 13.

Right, it's awesome. I wish I was that talented at that age. And my age too.
Heyso I don't know if I'm going to be able to get on the internet tomorrow but yeah I'm going to bed.

Aw man, but solid plans, we don't have them yet.
Eh, we'll figure it out.
Oh man you guys, this comic page, I like it.
So who wants to airmail me a .02 mm nib pen so I can finish it?

Thanks for making me a member! :)
Anyway, I drew this, and I colored it in GIMP. I used the dodge airbrush to do the stripes, but I don't really like them. Does anyone have an ideas as to how I could make them look better? I would really appreciate it. ;)

Also, here is my challenge entry. I chose Torterra because it fit the color scheme. And the mowhawk?(i hope I spelled that right) I just thought it looked cooler that way. :)
torterra.jpg

@LJ: I didn't even like her that much 'til I saw that.

@Shinx: Good use of the colors! I have two things for you to consider:
  • There are ghost outlines. This is more of a technical rpoblem, but basically, the pixels around your outline are not white, causing them to be visible over the color. To correct this, scan in only black and white, or manually erase around the outline.
  • The anatomy is kinda off. Really it's just Torterra's head. You depict it as being the same size as the body, but looking at the official art, it's much smaller.
It's pretty good, though!

I made a logo in Photoshop. It took like an hour, way longer than it should have, jus because I wanted everything exact, and was painstakingally (howdoispellthis) doing everything with Photoshop's rulers, a tool I rarely use. Here it is, though. It still has a few problems. Some edges are sharper than others, there are corners sticking out everywhere, yadda, yadda.
lolmassivepic
I'm working on a alternate logo, too.

@Shinx IMO, I think that kitty is pretty good, and to make the stripes better you might want to smooth them so they're not hole-y. Like with the smudge tool or something.
Woah, I dig that logo 6-D.

^I changed the kitty so it looks like this. I smudged the stripes out some and changed the background. Although some of the lines got smudged too, I still think it looks much better! Thanks for the help!

That kitten is cute! My only issue is the back foot looking a bit awkward and unrealistic. I gotta draw more animals. The last cats I drew back in '09

Firestar_and_Alfador_by_Magus_child.jpg

A cookie to anyone who knows where they're both from. They are characters.

LORDY JONES said:
Also, commitment win for the win?

-PALMFACE-
I just so happened to never ask what "FTW" meant, so I thought it meant "for the world". That is, until now.

Let me tell you, I have never felt quite so stupid.

Anyways...

Who is the kid? My skimming skills have happened to fail me again, and I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Also, when I get on a real laptop, I'll get the links to Collide, Poliwag, and Metapod.

Hey all.
@AG: That kid's dA name is paczkpie or some similar jumble of letters, you can find her on my profile.

I found a finepoint pen and inked the rest of the page, I'll scan it and start the coloring tonight (hopefully)
Oh yeah, and I got the best birthday present ever from MPA. Just so you guys know.
I intend to start doing some artsy self shots cuz I'm a camwhore need a new profile picture, so I'll prolly be wearing it in some dem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back