Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Needed a quick opinion, since I'm not sure about the value of JPN cards nor how fast some of the new PS cards will drop in value, or if these cards will retain most of its value due to it's playability (I'm a collector.. playing days occurred about 10 years ago haha) Here's the trade:

His:
1x landorus ex
1x raikou ex full art

My:
1x dark espeon japanese neo foil
1x umbreon japanese neo foil
1x japanese flareon jungle foil
1x japanese jolteon jungle foil
1x pichu neo genesis foil (english)
1x Japanese Dark Typhlosion No. 157 (Neo Destiny)

I know landy is a pretty sought after card, so I think that'll help for my trading purposes, not sure about Raikou, but it is a FA..

monchikunx said:
Needed a quick opinion, since I'm not sure about the value of JPN cards nor how fast some of the new PS cards will drop in value, or if these cards will retain most of its value due to it's playability (I'm a collector.. playing days occurred about 10 years ago haha) Here's the trade:

His:
1x landorus ex
1x raikou ex full art

My:

I know landy is a pretty sought after card, so I think that'll help for my trading purposes, not sure about Raikou, but it is a FA..

It's about similar value at the moment, slightly better for you in my opinion. If you are collecting however, I would say that it's better for the other guy because older japanese cards will only go up in value while landy and raikou will go down in value once they get rotated out.

MrSquarepants said:
Not gonna lie... This post made me laugh my neck off.

That guy definitely has no idea what he is doing. Or he is selling drugs and the cards are just a front...sneaky...:D

bagoly14 said:
monchikunx said:

His:
1x landorus ex
1x raikou ex full art

My:

It's about similar value at the moment, slightly better for you in my opinion. If you are collecting however, I would say that it's better for the other guy because older japanese cards will only go up in value while landy and raikou will go down in value once they get rotated out.

MrSquarepants said:
Not gonna lie... This post made me laugh my neck off.

That guy definitely has no idea what he is doing. Or he is selling drugs and the cards are just a front...sneaky...:D

That's what I was thinking. I'm surprised at how much lower those cards are to their english counter parts though, so that's why I think I'm going for this deal - those JPN cards just aren't moving enough to justify keeping them in the long run. Plus, I think the point of me obtaining those two cards were more for trading power so I can collect more Gold Stars / Shinings (since those I would think would only increase over time, even if reprints or promos are introduced). Thanks for the little nudge I needed though! :)

Yup, you will have more trading power for gold stars, etc...if you have landorus and raikou. :cool:

I've asked a few times but got no replies, not sure if this is because no one knows or something else I know it isn't a card but it's a pokemon card product.

How much is a sealed Japanese Blastoise EX Half Deck worth ?

Lemonnade said:
Well the set is our Crystal Guardians (from the set logo). I have an English Delta Species Latias from Ex Delta Species (yeah...) in similar condition. Would that be worth more or less than the Charizard above?
Also the Blastoise Kyurem EX deck is worth no more than $20: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=CGM-3876&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_cate2%3D86%24pagemax%3D100%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1
The Colress FA and other things' prices are hilarious. The first guy who buys one of them gets a free ton of cookies from me.
Also the first page of this thread: Tropical beach for $20+? Isn't it closer to $120+?

No more than 20$.

Is that the same thing the guy's asking for? For some reason I thought he was asking about the old Blastoise ex but then again I don't think they made a half deck for that...

Daelum said:
The-Kaiser said:
Id say the boxs are from the D/P era and you easily have 1K to 2K worth of stuff there to a Collector.

Pics like this tick me off that im under employed or id be offering to buy all that + re pay for shipping ^_^;
$1,000 to $2,000 is an absolute overpricing of this lot.
Well, anyway... crap... someone else bought that whole lot for 102€ ($130). ;_; I should have just bidded...

MrSquarepants said:
Is that the same thing the guy's asking for? For some reason I thought he was asking about the old Blastoise ex but then again I don't think they made a half deck for that...

Maybe it is, I am not quite sure about the pricing of the old Blastoise ex half deck to be honest. I was assuming we were talking about the new one because the edition wasn't specified. The old ones are pretty tough to find in first edition, the charizard especially.

He was asking about a half deck, and the new one I talked about (in reply to a different question) is a full deck.
That said, I don't know how much the Blastoise ex half deck is worth. Also, the new one's a Kyurem EX, not a Blastoise EX, fyi. (This isn't directed at anyone in particular btw.)

Lemonnade said:
He was asking about a half deck, and the new one I talked about (in reply to a different question) is a full deck.
That said, I don't know how much the Blastoise ex half deck is worth. Also, the new one's a Kyurem EX, not a Blastoise EX, fyi. (This isn't directed at anyone in particular btw.)

Ah, I thought it was a half deck. Who cares about Kyurem anyway, Blastoise runs the show! :cool:

Hmm...for the old blasoise ex deck...I would say it's worth 30$ if unlimited, 60$+ if it's first edition. There is one up for auction now on ebay, that will give you a definite answer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Card-Random-Half-Theme-Deck-Water-Blastoise-Japanese-/380599650756?pt=Trading_Card_Games_US&hash=item589d81c9c4&nma=true&si=VMroktopwSzqWiYXsza7ApY8Bqs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Japanese-Pokemon-2004-Random-BLASTOISE-EX-Deck-Sealed-/380608931234?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&hash=item589e0f65a2

I am talking about the old version from about 2004, the Japanese Blastoise ex half deck

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise_Random_Constructed_Starter_Decks_(TCG)

Oh okay thank you, it's value will increase in the future right ?

ThatPokemonCollector said:
If the Holo's and EX's were graded they would be worth a lot more.

Yes, but the complete set as a whole would only raise in value if they were sold separately or the whole set was graded. Not too many people want to buy a partially graded set, as it mixes two different worlds of collecting :p

I am talking about the old version from about 2004, the Japanese Blastoise ex half deck

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Venusaur/Charizard/Blastoise_Random_Constructed_Starter_Decks_(TCG)

Oh okay thank you, it's value will increase in the future right ?

It will increase value if you keep it sealed, but to be honest it's not a worthwhile investment. The only one worth buying and reselling later is the 1st edition charizard one because it brings big bucks. Maybe even the unlimited charizard one. Just my opinion though.

I already bought one, it's 1st edition Blastoise.

I bought it for £13.50 good price ?

Daelum said:
If the Holo's and EX's were graded they would be worth a lot more.

Yes, but the complete set as a whole would only raise in value if they were sold separately or the whole set was graded. Not too many people want to buy a partially graded set, as it mixes two different worlds of collecting :p

Was going to mention, grade them all but I didn't think it would appeal to him, not sure if it would be worth it though.

Back