Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

Jme_Merfy said:
Can someone tell me how much these cards are worth? Just give a vague estimate, it would be really helpful, thanks! They are:
Charizard (1999) poor quality, rough around the edges and a 2 creases
Charmeleon (1999) decent quality, crease in the top left corner, slightly rough around the edges
Charmander (1999) good quality, slight creases in the top and bottom right corners
Squirtle (2000) very good quality, not quite perfect around the edges
Arbok (1999) poor quality, a little bit of card has ripped off in the top right corner and a crease in the bottom left
Ekans (1999) near mint, the tiniest amount of white wear on the back edges
Koffing (1999) decent quality, a little rough around the edges
Rhydon (1999) pretty poor quality, rough around the edges crease in the bottom left corner
Rhyhorn (1999) decent quality, slightly rough around the edges, crease in the top left corner
Abra (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Sandshrew (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Rattata (1999) good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Ponyta (1999) decent quality, a bit worn in the top left slightly rough around the edges
Persian (1999) pretty good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Raichu (2000) poor quality, cracked across the back creased in the bottom left slightly creased quite a few times rough around the edges
Seadra (1999) decent quality, creased bottom right rough around the edges
Tangela (1999) near mint, the tiniest bit rough around the edges
Omanyte (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Trainer - Goop Gas Attack (2000) very good quality, ever so slightly rough on the corners
Trainer - Gust of Wind (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Thanks if you if you do!

Are any of them 1st edition?

RE: Japanese Vending Machine Promos

They're anywhere from $1-20 per card on eBay. A whole set/series is priced at $100. I'm trying to get all the vending cards now, but I'm thinking it's going to be pretty expensive.

SheNinja said:
Which ones? Could we have pictures of them? How about which condition too?

I got a bulk lot of them there is like 50 with some doubles I have not recive them I know there is mew or mewtwo the pic had them all bunched up they are near mint mint condition

PsychedelicBreakfast said:
They're anywhere from $1-20 per card on eBay. A whole set/series is priced at $100. I'm trying to get all the vending cards now, but I'm thinking it's going to be pretty expensive.

how many are there in the set

[/quote]

As far as I know, there are 3 series. The Blue series, Red series, and Green series. Blue has 36, Red has 36, and Green has 53. Go here for everything you need to know about the set: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vending_Machine_cards_(TCG)

Daelum said:
Jme_Merfy said:
Can someone tell me how much these cards are worth? Just give a vague estimate, it would be really helpful, thanks! They are:
Charizard (1999) poor quality, rough around the edges and a 2 creases
Charmeleon (1999) decent quality, crease in the top left corner, slightly rough around the edges
Charmander (1999) good quality, slight creases in the top and bottom right corners
Squirtle (2000) very good quality, not quite perfect around the edges
Arbok (1999) poor quality, a little bit of card has ripped off in the top right corner and a crease in the bottom left
Ekans (1999) near mint, the tiniest amount of white wear on the back edges
Koffing (1999) decent quality, a little rough around the edges
Rhydon (1999) pretty poor quality, rough around the edges crease in the bottom left corner
Rhyhorn (1999) decent quality, slightly rough around the edges, crease in the top left corner
Abra (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Sandshrew (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Rattata (1999) good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Ponyta (1999) decent quality, a bit worn in the top left slightly rough around the edges
Persian (1999) pretty good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Raichu (2000) poor quality, cracked across the back creased in the bottom left slightly creased quite a few times rough around the edges
Seadra (1999) decent quality, creased bottom right rough around the edges
Tangela (1999) near mint, the tiniest bit rough around the edges
Omanyte (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Trainer - Goop Gas Attack (2000) very good quality, ever so slightly rough on the corners
Trainer - Gust of Wind (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Thanks if you if you do!

Are any of them 1st edition?

Unfortunately not they're just from the original base set, how much do you think they are worth?

$2-5 per Non-Holo Rare
$0.5-1 per C/UC
$15-30 Holo Rare depending on condition.

Seems like a good base to start on.

EDIT: More for First-Ed, if you have any of those.

As far as I know, there are 3 series. The Blue series, Red series, and Green series. Blue has 36, Red has 36, and Green has 53. Go here for everything you need to know about the set: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Vending_Machine_cards_(TCG)

There are 4 series. There is Vending 00 card with Pikachu, Mewtwo, and Mew.

I have one of the Japanese Mew ones with the bubbles in the background how much is it worth?

I have it too :)
About 10 dollars. (I bougth it for 5, but i have seen the same for 15...I think that 10 is a normal price.)

How much does a Japanese Rayquaza* go for? I just traded for one, and I'm hoping I didn't get burned ^^

Absol is ~3$

Rayquaza star is ~35$, sometimes it is 25$ and sometimes it is 45$+

It's price fluctuates as most star cards do. If you have a 1st edition one then you can at least double those values I'd say, but I'm not 100% sure. I'd give 70$ for a 1st ED rayquaza star but maybe it's just me. :cool:

On a side note, is it normal for 1ED Lugia ex from unseen forces to sell for 75$? I was pretty surprised the auction went that high since I was watching it out of curiosity...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pokemon-Japanese-Lugia-Ex-Mint-Condition-/321098777583?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&hash=item4ac2fa83ef&nma=true&si=VMroktopwSzqWiYXsza7ApY8Bqs%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

That's a little outrageous IMO since Cardcollector UK had them for only 30$. But now they are very had to find. I was trying to win it for 60$ but someone else wanted it more...

I have one in Excellent condition I got from Japan for 45$. But I need a mint one.

MrSquarepants said:
That's a little outrageous IMO since Cardcollector UK had them for only 30$. But now they are very had to find. I was trying to win it for 60$ but someone else wanted it more...

I have one in Excellent condition I got from Japan for 45$. But I need a mint one.

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I guess it's a bit more rare than I gave it credit for.

I find Cardcollector UK to be all over the map with their prices quite frankly, it reminds me of Troll and Toad. Some things are dirt cheap and some are over priced badly. How is their quality? I've never bought from them because I assumed their cards are near mint and that you get some minor flaws. It's tough to buy mint cards from dealers, and it's also annoying risking 40$ on a card to receive it not in the state you imagined :(

bagoly14 said:
MrSquarepants said:

It's tough to buy mint cards from dealers, and it's also annoying risking 40$ on a card to receive it not in the state you imagined :(

I know, right? About half my collection will probably need to be fixed up due to imperfections such as edge wear, it's really annoying. But hey at least it's cheaper than buying PSA graded cards :p (although I would totally do it if I had the extra money...)

Anyways just so this isn't a spam post, how much is dowsing machine worth? I've seen it range from $3-$10 on various sites and I'd like a more solid number...

Hi guys,

What do the Japanese trainer club promos worth
and also the lottery prized promos
and also the Japanese players club promos I have some coming in

I have gotten every card I bought from there to be flawless as long as he put it up as near mint. I assume a lot of them don't get played since they're japanese but most cards I get are mint or better. And these were all old too. I bought a Rockets Scizor there near mint and I could not find a scratch in it. But the BW cards they sell are very overpriced... 6$ for Kyurem Plasma. It's still my favorite site for Japanese singles from Pre-DP era and he always throws in extras. I got a Dragonite Fossil for free and a PLAYED Lances Charizard that I ended up selling for 23$.

Only problem I had is that it's UK so it costs me an arm and leg to ship. :b

I happily recommend it as I have spent a ton of money on old cards "near mint" off eBay but arrived as "excellent" or "played" and I have not been disappointed yet except when he runs out of stock. And it's still less all over the place as Troll and Toad and Pokevault... And they don't give you extras!

EDIT: Dowsing Machine is probably worth no more than 5-7$ at this point. I sold mine recently for only 4$... The first one I sold made me 7.50 but more people are listing it on eBay so the prices aren't high...

The Japanese lottery promos run for a lot. In the early Hundreds. I know the e-series Typhlosion is around 300$ if not more. BrianJapan/Pokevault sells the Japanese Umbreon and Espeon Prime lottery promos for 300-500$. But he's also out of his mind with prices sometimes. *cough* 40$ for Kyurem EX deck and 30$ for the Reshiram/Zekrom EX boxes which run for only 15$ in Japan. He gets it dirt cheap in Japan and sells 2-4x higher. I wish I lived in Japan.

bagoly14 said:
MrSquarepants said:

Ah I see, thanks for the info. I guess it's a bit more rare than I gave it credit for.

I find Cardcollector UK to be all over the map with their prices quite frankly, it reminds me of Troll and Toad. Some things are dirt cheap and some are over priced badly. How is their quality? I've never bought from them because I assumed their cards are near mint and that you get some minor flaws. It's tough to buy mint cards from dealers, and it's also annoying risking 40$ on a card to receive it not in the state you imagined :(

Hey guys I recently traded for these japanese EX cards. My Tyranitar is 1st edition, but my Blaziken is unlimited. They are both in mint condition. So anyway how much are they worth?
Blaziken
http://pokebeach.com/news/0306/blaziken.jpg
Tyranitar
http://www.pokemon-cards.net/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/drf/DRF099.jpg

MrSquarepants said:
I have gotten every card I bought from there to be flawless as long as he put it up as near mint. I assume a lot of them don't get played since they're japanese but most cards I get are mint or better. And these were all old too. I bought a Rockets Scizor there near mint and I could not find a scratch in it. But the BW cards they sell are very overpriced... 6$ for Kyurem Plasma. It's still my favorite site for Japanese singles from Pre-DP era and he always throws in extras. I got a Dragonite Fossil for free and a PLAYED Lances Charizard that I ended up selling for 23$.

Only problem I had is that it's UK so it costs me an arm and leg to ship. :b

I happily recommend it as I have spent a ton of money on old cards "near mint" off eBay but arrived as "excellent" or "played" and I have not been disappointed yet except when he runs out of stock. And it's still less all over the place as Troll and Toad and Pokevault... And they don't give you extras!

EDIT: Dowsing Machine is probably worth no more than 5-7$ at this point. I sold mine recently for only 4$... The first one I sold made me 7.50 but more people are listing it on eBay so the prices aren't high...

The Japanese lottery promos run for a lot. In the early Hundreds. I know the e-series Typhlosion is around 300$ if not more. BrianJapan/Pokevault sells the Japanese Umbreon and Espeon Prime lottery promos for 300-500$. But he's also out of his mind with prices sometimes. *cough* 40$ for Kyurem EX deck and 30$ for the Reshiram/Zekrom EX boxes which run for only 15$ in Japan. He gets it dirt cheap in Japan and sells 2-4x higher. I wish I lived in Japan.

bagoly14 said:

Mrsquarpants thank you for your help do have any links at all were to get the Japanese booster boxes for $15

Back