Collecting "How Much is This Card Worth?" / "Is This a Good Trade?"

ThatPokemonCollector said:
I already bought one, it's 1st edition Blastoise.
I bought it for £13.50 good price ?

I think you got it for a very good price, the blastoise 1st edition usually go for $80+ USD.

Oh wow, yeah I was bidding on a Venusaur but I didn't win it. Yeah I am thinking of selling it but not sure if anyone would buy it

I'm sure someone would buy it for the right price. It's probably best to watch how that auction on ebay ends up and then you can price it at/above that price if you wanted to sell it. I'd personally price it above or wait a little bit to sell it. Auctions are not always the best indicator for market value from what I've seen because it's too dependent on timing. I've seen auctions go for way more or way less than the value of the cards, just depends on who has money and when and what they want.

Well perfect example is that I bought it for £13.50, what auction ?

You need to read all my posts, I posted it before ;) haha

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Japanese-Pokemon-2004-Random-BLASTOISE-EX-Deck-Sealed-/380608931234?pt=UK_Collectables_TradingCards_RL&hash=item589e0f65a2

I have a question that I've always wanted to know.

If anyone played pokemon way way back in the day, like during the ex series, please answer this (or anyone else who knows)

There was a card called Holon Transceiver which apparently was very expensive since it was really strong in the meta...it was an uncommon card part of the set Delta Species. (similar to catcher now, expensive uncommon card)

what was the price of this holon transceiver at its prime? Thanks :)

Another trade question.. I'm considering trading my Shining Charizard for Alakazam * and Flareon * (if they accept). Although it's for two gold stars, they're valued on the lower of all the gold stars, and Shining is of course the higher of the Shinings. I think in terms of value, I'd be getting the better deal, but in terms of long-term value, which would inflate more? I'm not too sure which are rarer to obtain, ect. I'd probably still do it if the trader is for it, but I just wanted to make sure this was a good enough deal to let my beloved Char go.

monchikunx said:
Another trade question.. I'm considering trading my Shining Charizard for Alakazam * and Flareon * (if they accept). Although it's for two gold stars, they're valued on the lower of all the gold stars, and Shining is of course the higher of the Shinings. I think in terms of value, I'd be getting the better deal, but in terms of long-term value, which would inflate more? I'm not too sure which are rarer to obtain, ect. I'd probably still do it if the trader is for it, but I just wanted to make sure this was a good enough deal to let my beloved Char go.

If all cards are NM+, hold on to your Shining Charizard. It's worth ~$70 while the two gold stars are worth ~$30 on a good day. Also, I believe Shining Charizard would be the one to go up in value as there are significantly less of them, and NM+ Shining cards tend to be generally more sought after.

yesterday I received a mint entei gold star in a trade. (I gave a few uncommon cards, 5 rares and a holo unlimited dragonite from fossil and I received a reshiram full art and the entei gold star) how much is entei now? Thank you!

Daelum said:
monchikunx said:

If all cards are NM+, hold on to your Shining Charizard. It's worth ~$70 while the two gold stars are worth ~$30 on a good day. Also, I believe Shining Charizard would be the one to go up in value as there are significantly less of them, and NM+ Shining cards tend to be generally more sought after.

Really?? I used both TT and Ebay to value my cards - you can buy a Shining Char on TT for $55. I got mine on Ebay for $40, which seems to be the average market price right now. The other two gold star averaged $50-$60 on Ebay, and $60 on TT, so I thought it would be a good deal. But I agree with you in terms of rarity - I was only planning on trading this upwards for a Charizard * or Umbreon *. I'll definitely take your opinion into consideration, thanks! :)

ancientmew said:
yesterday I received a mint entei gold star in a trade. (I gave a few uncommon cards, 5 rares and a holo unlimited dragonite from fossil and I received a reshiram full art and the entei gold star) how much is entei now? Thank you!

Yes, that seems like a great trade to me (value-wise).

monchikunx said:
Daelum said:

Really?? I used both TT and Ebay to value my cards - you can buy a Shining Char on TT for $55. I got mine on Ebay for $40, which seems to be the average market price right now. The other two gold star averaged $50-$60 on Ebay, and $60 on TT, so I thought it would be a good deal. But I agree with you in terms of rarity - I was only planning on trading this upwards for a Charizard * or Umbreon *. I'll definitely take your opinion into consideration, thanks! :)

First off, don't use T&T for prices :p
Secondly, it's been a while since I checked the going price for those cards, so I guess my values were wrong. I'll go double check them now...
So Shining Charizard (if you are talking about the Neo Destiny one) goes for around $50 NM+. The two gold stars still are at the same values I quoted originally (Flareon actually goes closer to $20-$25).

So yeah, they are pretty equal in value imo. The trade just depends on what you collect, and which you feel is a better investment.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
Speaking of gold stars, how much is a NM-M Celebi * worth? Thanks!

$20-$25.

Daelum said:
ancientmew said:

Yes, that seems like a great trade to me (value-wise).

yes it is =P
Entei is my first gold star, very nice card!

Just a reminder, you can use Ebay Completed Listings to check the values of most of these cards :)

Suicune Gold Star has recently raised it price. It used to go fro ~$30 but now it's closer to $50.

Can someone tell me how much these cards are worth? Just give a vague estimate, it would be really helpful, thanks! They are:

Charizard (1999) poor quality, rough around the edges and a 2 creases
Charmeleon (1999) decent quality, crease in the top left corner, slightly rough around the edges
Charmander (1999) good quality, slight creases in the top and bottom right corners
Squirtle (2000) very good quality, not quite perfect around the edges
Arbok (1999) poor quality, a little bit of card has ripped off in the top right corner and a crease in the bottom left
Ekans (1999) near mint, the tiniest amount of white wear on the back edges
Koffing (1999) decent quality, a little rough around the edges
Rhydon (1999) pretty poor quality, rough around the edges crease in the bottom left corner
Rhyhorn (1999) decent quality, slightly rough around the edges, crease in the top left corner
Abra (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges
Sandshrew (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Rattata (1999) good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Ponyta (1999) decent quality, a bit worn in the top left slightly rough around the edges
Persian (1999) pretty good quality, a bit rough around the edges
Raichu (2000) poor quality, cracked across the back creased in the bottom left slightly creased quite a few times rough around the edges
Seadra (1999) decent quality, creased bottom right rough around the edges
Tangela (1999) near mint, the tiniest bit rough around the edges
Omanyte (1999) good quality, slightly rough around the edges
Trainer - Goop Gas Attack (2000) very good quality, ever so slightly rough on the corners
Trainer - Gust of Wind (1999) very good quality, ever so slightly rough around the edges

Thanks if you if you do!

RE: Japanese Vending Machine Promos

Which ones? Could we have pictures of them? How about which condition too?

Back