I pulled something cool from a booster pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The "I pulled something cool" topic.

The Pikachu Mafia said:
wow o.o I hope they did increase the pull rates like that :)

It might end up just being a packaging error like the packs that have no RHs. It'll probably get fixed later when they print more of the set.

Deoxysmatter said:
Yeah, a PR TO. It was a leftover box I believe.

I have videos of the box on my Channel for proof, as I still can't believe it tbh:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YAFRU33uJw
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amPcQVWG71M
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVebBYRawfo

Dat Biiiiiiiird.
Subbed.

Anyways....
2 Packs, Raikou EX.
Bawse.

ThatPokemonCollector said:
Well there are some places that get boxes without any ultra's.

That would be terrible!

I won a Korean Hail Blizzard box on eBay for $11 (with free shipping). Not the most amazing deal but I was pleased with that impulse bid! I opened 29 of the 30 packs (keeping one pack unopened for collecting purposes :)).

I didn't count the number of holo rares but in terms of EXs I pulled a regular Groudon-EX and a regular Regigigas-EX.

Do you think its worth it to collect Korean cards? I feel like its way cheaper and it would be easier to collect every card.

Daelum said:
Do you think its worth it to collect Korean cards? I feel like its way cheaper and it would be easier to collect every card.

I've only ever made one Korean card purchase (the booster box) so I'm no where near the status of "expert", however my guess is that it may not be worth it in terms of investment purposes (you probably won't make much money, if any). It may be worth it to you to collect the cards because you like them and they are a lot more affordable than English or Japanese cards.

I have no idea what Korean singles sell for. I've seen the booster boxes sold on eBay as BIN for ~$23. They also seem to go for $10-$20 at auction. I'm not sure if my two regular EX pulls are worth more than I spent on the box itself.

It's definitely cheaper, which makes it easier to collect every card. The cards seem to be printed on a better card stock than the English cards. They're also neat because they are in a foreign language. I'm seriously considering collecting Korean cards for these reasons :).

Hopefully someone who collects Korean cards will offer some advice :p.

I got 12 Next Destinies packs and got 2 Mewtwo EX and Zekrom EX. Is this common because I've never gotten a booster box.

Dweaver said:
I got 12 Next Destinies packs and got 2 Mewtwo EX and Zekrom EX. Is this common because I've never gotten a booster box.

No I would say that that isn't common. Great pulls!!

Dweaver said:

Those are pretty awesome pulls! I had a similar experience that I think I may have shared in this thread already (oh well, it's relevant :p). I bought 17 Next Destinies booster packs (four from Zellers and twelve from Toys R Us) and pulled two FA Mewtwo-EX and one FA Reshiram-EX. It was great!

So I opened up 45 POP Series 5 packs today and pulled another Umbreon Star (I now have 3!) and an Espeon star! Super excited!!!

Purchased one ND pack today, got RH Gardevior and a SR Emboar. So happy.

Just got home from a Dragons Exalted pre-release. I also convinced my dad to play and I'd get the cards. Here's what we got:

First 12 packs:
Mew EX FA (Me)
Shiny Reuniclus (Dad)
Altaria (Me) (Not the PR Promo)
Tool Scrapper (Me)
Blend Energy {G}{R}{P}{D} (Me)
No Hydeigon or Garchomp to trade for a Hydreigon :(

Extra 4 Packs
Ho-oh EX Non FA (Not sure)
Blend Energy {G}{R}{P}{D} (Not sure)

It seems like I just keep getting better pulls every PR. Tornadus FA, SR Meowth, Reshiram EX, Groudon EX FA, and then all this awesome stuff. also, one of my friends pulled a Rayquaza EX FA and Ho-oh EX from just the 6 packs. They're all for trade in case anyone's interested.

I got 2 packs the other day, pulled a full art zekrom ex and reverse ultra ball. Almost makes up for the horrible prerelease.

At my second Pre-release:

Terrakion ex Yeaah!!!!!!
Wailord
Aggron
Garbador

At my PR on Saturday I pulled:

1x Good Garchomp
1x Good Hyrdreigon
5x Emolga
1x Registeel EX
1x Shiny Reuniclus (funny because at the time, I really didn't care, but then I realized I pulled a Shiny and an EX out of 24 packs)

The only thing I'm not happy about is how I spent all of my $75 when I told myself I would save something for the tins!

That doesn't sound like that great of pulls to be honest out of $75 you could probably buy them for that singly.

That doesn't sound like that great of pulls to be honest out of $75 you could probably buy them for that singly.

I also pulled other good things, they just either aren't worth mentioning or I forgot what they were. (some of trades I made somewhat made up for it though) Forgot to mention I also got 1x or 2x Ability Gabite, 3x Swablu with Sing and 4x Sand Attack Gible.

Ok well I would still say it wasn't that worth it to be honest, in terms of playability you have alot of good things but value wise not so much.

Ok well I would still say it wasn't that worth it to be honest, in terms of playability you have alot of good things but value wise not so much.

Dude it's a Pre-release! You're meant to go and have fun while gambling away your money. You're not just paying for the cards, you're paying for the everlasting fun memories! That last bit sounds a bit cheesy but I'm sticking with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back