I pulled something cool from a booster pack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: The "I pulled something cool" topic.

My noob brother has the most insane beginner's luck I have ever seen. In 15 Packs, he got:
  • three regigigas ex
  • full art mewtwo
  • shiny pokemon catcher
He also got terrakion ex and shiny serperior at today's pre release

Left my PR today with:

FA Ho-oh
2 Garchomp (Good)

:)

My friend pulled Shiny Quaza in front of me. :(

So, apparently Walmart has these cardboard boxes with random, old loose booster packs for $3-odd. I don't really shop at Walmart too often for Pokémon cards because our Walmart usually has next to nothing, but I was in there for something else and happened to see this. I was digging through the packs and found 3 Supreme Victors packs and 1 Arceus pack, so I just kind of had to get them for fun. I was pretty sure someone else would have come through and weighed the packs to get the best ones, but either they didn't, or they only cared about the current-format packs, because I actually got some good pulls:

Staraptor FB
Arceus (AR5)
Arceus Lv. X (95/99)
Rayquaza C Lv. X

I did find it rather funny that my two Lv. X pulls were both also promo releases, though. :D (I like the non-promo art much better on both, though)

Pre-Release was yesterday:

RH Rescue Scarf
Roserade (with Ability)
FA Registeel EX

The kid across from me pulled a Terrakion EX. Pretty fun day.

IDK if this counts as "pulling something cool", but I was looking through my binder and found 4 Bianca and a Max Potion. I thought I needed to trade for more, but I don't. :)

^ quite the opposite, I had a playset of Ultra Ball, but when I looked in my binder to fish em out for a deck, there was only 2 left D:

that should probably go in the "I lost something cool topic" thread though :/

Mudkip711 said:
IDK if this counts as "pulling something cool", but I was looking through my binder and found 4 Bianca and a Max Potion. I thought I needed to trade for more, but I don't. :)

I did something similar last week! I went to check what complete sets I had, and was going through my Jungle binder and saw I was missing one card. I opened a draw and boom, there it was. So I just then claimed my first official complete set :D

At the Pre-release:
-Golurk Holo
-Milotic Holo
-Gigalith Holo
-Gyarados
-Jumpluff
-Jumpluff
-Manectric
-Manectric

Sheesh. Two doubles of rares. Painful.

at this past sundays prerelease i had (total 8 packs)

rayquaza EX
altaria holo
wailord holo
dustox rev rare
2 blend water
2 trainers
sigilyph rev rare
donkarasu (honchkrow-i prefer japanese name) rev rare
some nonholo rares

at least i got 1 ultra rare plus 5 rare holos! : ) and i plan to go to 2 more prereleases

At my prerelease, I got:

Good Hydreigon Holo
Altaria Holo
Sigilyph Holo
Milotic Holo Rare

And my mom got:
Registeel EX
Rev Holo Wailord
Can't remember much else.

Also, in my DRX Booster Box, I got:
Shiny Reuniclus
Mew EX
Terrakion EX FA
Ho-oh EX FA
Registeel EX FA
Lots of good Holos (like 2 more Hydreigons)

^^I think my box had an error, or they changed the contents of the box. I'm processing the video I took of my opening while I type this for skeptics.

Deoxysmatter said:
At my prerelease, I got:

Good Hydreigon Holo
Altaria Holo
Sigilyph Holo
Milotic Holo Rare

And my mom got:
Registeel EX
Rev Holo Wailord
Can't remember much else.

Shiny Reuniclus
Mew EX
Terrakion EX FA
Ho-oh EX FA
Registeel EX FA
Lots of good Holos (like 2 more Hydreigons)

^^I think my box had an error, or they changed the contents of the box. I'm processing the video I took of my opening while I type this for skeptics.

Maybe they've decided to make 2 EXs and 2 EXs FA per box. That would be sooooo awesome.

Roronoa Zoro said:
Maybe they've decided to make 2 EXs and 2 EXs FA per box. That would be sooooo awesome.

I agree, that would be pretty awesome...but I got 3 FA and one regular. That's what is bothering me =P

I'm not complaining. I got the shiny I wanted out of the set, I got all the art of EXs I wanted (I like Mew EX better regular), and it was a great BDay present =P

Trying to build a Hydreigon deck, but it will be lackluster until I get my 2 Darkrai tins in September...(only one Darkrai ATM)

Deoxysmatter said:
I agree, that would be pretty awesome...but I got 3 FA and one regular. That's what is bothering me =P

I'm not complaining. I got the shiny I wanted out of the set, I got all the art of EXs I wanted (I like Mew EX better regular), and it was a great BDay present =P

Trying to build a Hydreigon deck, but it will be lackluster until I get my 2 Darkrai tins in September...(only one Darkrai ATM)

Oh, I didn't notice it was 3 FAs. Man, that's crazy xD

deoxysmatter..consider yourself super lucky! i have heard of ppl gettting 5 ultra rares in a box before and i think the best box had like 7 or 8 ultra rares (these from next destinies or dark explorers) but either you are like 1 in 200, to get that lucky w FA's or they are making our odds better.

A few years back my cousin came round for 2 weeks from scotland and they had bought a Platinum Arceus booster box and pulled 6 Lvx's and 2 of the Arceus's what are the pull rates for this set ?

Deoxysmatter said:

where did you get a DRX box before the release date? :O I've been looking all over, but I can only find them on pre-order...

Amazon. My box is coming this week :p.

At Nationals, I opened almost half a box worth of packs from side events and got a Kyogre EX FA and another Groudon EX FA. Pretty good for free packs.

Yeah, a PR TO. It was a leftover box I believe.

I have videos of the box on my Channel for proof, as I still can't believe it tbh:

Part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YAFRU33uJw
Part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amPcQVWG71M
Part 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVebBYRawfo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back