Lostgar [ Gengar (Prime) / Lost World ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@catutie na, I tried that version out and it was too inconsistent. Straight LostGar with techs is the way to go for speed.

Luxchomp-players can simply tech in a 1-1 line of Absol G X, along with 1-2 darkness energy, and take six easy prizes while discarding any inconvenient pokemon from the hand. This is the very best counter to LostGar, and it suits SP perfectly;)

THANK YOU ATS. As many people have been saying absol G LV X destroys lostgar and can be easily added to many sp variants. The deck can get gengars out quickly, but if you play it smart you can force them to have to play a seeker, judge, lookers or something of the sort. When they are forced to do this they can not play things like bebes, collector, or twins, and that will hurt them if they have to do it turn after turn. The same thing goes for palkia LV X and omastar they take time and resources to set up, and that effects how many gengars they can get on the field. If I were to play the deck I would simply tech in a one one line of donphan prime and one fighting energy. This would be relatively simple to do and get on the field, and would be a great counter to absol G LV X and other darks.

^ gengar x ruins all of your plans. they get him out and your plan is ruined. level down destroys all SP decks. how can you make them use seeker or what ever cards you said? if they need to use bebe they will use it. absol g x is the best counter yes but gengar x gets rid of it.

catutie, I think you're forgetting that SP decks run Power Spray and SP Radar. If they try to Level Down, Power Spray it and one-shot Gengar during your next turn. If they do Level Down, SP Radar/Bebe's the Absol. If Gengar is hiding on their Bench, Radar/Bebe's the Luxray GL Lv.X, Bright Look, and then KO Gengar with Absol.

^i guess but they just have to search gengar x and then spiritomb/judge/looker/anything that changes your hand to give you a new hand and good bye power spray.

Gliscor said:
If Gengar is hiding on their Bench, Radar/Bebe's the Luxray GL Lv.X, Bright Look, and then KO Gengar with Absol.

How would you do this without Absol X? You already used the Bebes/Radar. Unless you have 2, of course, but when playing SP (I tend to use DialgaChomp, so this may be a little off), I often use up Radars early so I never have 2 left late or even mid-game.

63 Cards...

Ugh! I just went to build this skeleton deck to playtest versus...

The list says 27 TSS... counting them up, there's 30...

Woops! Fixed. ~Gliscor

What do people think about Slowking (HGSS) or Mime Jr. (CL) (<as a starter)? Slowking can force your opponent into dead draw, or better, dead draw Pokemon! Mime Jr. is a great starter, especially if you get Slowking set up fast enough. I can usually get one or two Pokemon out of them before Mime Jr. gets K.O.'ed. I use them, and they work fine and consistently. Now the only thing that would make it better was if Mr. Mime could evolve from Mime Jr.…

slowking is just a powerful card in general. i like the idea of it in lostgar. idk about mime jr though. maybe with slowking but it dies with any kind of damage counter drops and 3 damage counts isnt that hard to do.

@ Decmaster- Wow. That is an interesting thought...Mime Jr. as a starter. Would you mind PMing me your list? I would love to take a look.

For people who are interested in tourney's:
Only like 5 people played Lostgar, As far i can tell it didn't topcutted anywere.

Well that isn't entirely correct... Lostgar actually ended up grabbing second at the ECC (masters), played with a Gengar SF-tech, by the skilled Italian player, Andrea Ceolin. Really expecting a lot of great lists to burst out of his general idea:)

What about a mirror breaking/counter breaking tech of Nidoqueen RR? That "poor nidoqueen" thread pointed something interesting out to me: it either keeps pokemon in their hand (and you win) or it becomes a very dangerous face-beater, taking out their threats against your gengars (and you win). Plus since lostgar doesn't normally care about prizes, your opponent may make plays that, with Nidoqueen around, will let you quickly do some damage and draw 2-3 without them realizing it. That's A) free cards B) a win if you do enough damage - don't forget, Cursed Drop is NOT a bad attack.

The problem is to be effective it requires a DCE tech as well. Is there anything else we can use that benefits from the DCEs?

^anything with 2 colorless energies in the attack lol

nidoqueen would be pretty slow. and really it would take 4 curse drops....on the same gengar to ko it. they could have set up another gengar in that time. its not that good. that whole time you could be LZ from the hand. who cares if its a mirror. it would all depend on who gets set up fastest...thus it becomes a game of luck.

I know the new state of pokemon doesn't like the concept, but I'm trying to inject some skill into the mirror here. Nidoqueen is one energy drop slower than setting up a Gengar, that's all. I think a combination of Absol Prime and some spread as a tech could hurt a LOT of decks trying to rush pokemon onto the bench...the other option of course is something like Jumpluff or Queen.

So I played a similar build at states, and had no luck what-so-ever. The deck worked like it was supposed to, but spooky whirlpool didn't always get pokemon, and I couldn't always get the stadium after getting six in the lost zone. One time I set up for 7, then used trade off, and didn't find any of my stadiums or either of the 2 remaining twins.

So is the consensus that straight lost world sucks?

interesting. i saw alot of lostgar buils at states.
my lost gar was a total different build, and i went 5-2

forget about all the setups and starting pokemon. i just went for straight speed

4-mew
4-gengar primes
2-spiritomb TM
2-Mr Mime TM
1 Mime Jr
1 uxie

4 seekers
4 twins
2 lost world

seemed to work fine for me.
only time i lost was because i got 6 of my opponent's pokemon into the lost zone by turn 4, but then for 8 straight turns, i couldnt draw into any supporters or lostworlds. had to stall with sleep poison, but couldnt last that long

Not a single person I played at states used Lostgar. I was upset, cause I set up the perfect counter for it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back