Finished Mafia XXXVI: Werewolves of the Interspectaculars ~ Game Over! Congratulations, Interspectaculars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done playing games trying to get people to contribute. Anyone not voting an inactive should be.

And yes inactivity is ridiculously scummy. At the activity level of this game if you aren't active you aren't being pro town. Sometimes inactivity is fine but not in our recent games.

We are at the point where activity is so low nothing productive ever happens. With as many inactives as we have now you need to be active if you are town. Vote an inactive or get out.

We have five players who haven't even made three posts. Pick one and vote for them. It's obvious that we aren't going to be able to actually accomplish anything with this game. There's almost no way we (town) wins. We mind as well do something that betters our Mafia program so we don't have to put up with this in future games.

Yeah I know I'm abit inactive, I'm trying my best to post but me posting random nonesense just ot meet my quota wouldnt be helping. I previously had very limited access between friday-sunday due to me being involve in a program

Inactivity is a problem, sure. So is having players that literally post the same thing 8 times in a row.

Nope. We need to lynch inactives. If our town is inactive we lose. If scum is inactive we won't lynch them unless we do this. We need to make a point that inactivity is not ok. Anyone not on board is scum.
Or... A portion of the people on board would be scum. Since scum have absolutely no need to fight against us lynching inactives. If they're inactive town, it helps them reach their wincon. If they're inactive scum, it gains them town cred for pushing their lynch. There's literally no way that lynching inactives "as a point" helps town.

We have five players who haven't even made three posts. Pick one and vote for them. It's obvious that we aren't going to be able to actually accomplish anything with this game. There's almost no way we (town) wins. We mind as well do something that betters our Mafia program so we don't have to put up with this in future games.
Or we wait until they're modkilled or replaced. I see no reason why we should waste our lynches on inactives. And since the lynch is the only tool the town has against scum, I'm extremely surprised that you would even suggest this.

Why was it so important to reveal the flavor of that?

Sure is.

If you can find what ability does such thing= redirects random people's abilities on random targets to one specific target, than perhaps, we could know more about PMJ's alignment, at least.

##VOTE: scattered mind

You pop up to just say this? Where's those questions that actually help scumhunt that I normally see from town scattered mind?

Simply to say that I dont like how you want me the inactive to be removed through lynches since their reveal wouldnt even help us since we dont know the full in game personality

##Vote: Camoclone
This.

Also, I'm not voting for someone based solely on inactivity. It's not a scumtell by itself. Hunting down the inactives is pointless. When they're modkilled, if they're town, they're not contributing so it makes no difference; and if they're scum it's good riddance. Camo's a good enough player to know this.

##vote: Camoclone

While Camo could easily be scum hiding under the hood to get some easy lynches, it is also a legitimate concern. In fact, inactivity is extremely detrimental for town. Notice how most of the lynches in PMJ's game were of the active players. Statistically, the most vocal players will be more likely to get lynched, simply because there is more possibilities for them to actually do something scummy. This is why later Days were/are* consistently dull and boring.

*This is probably an "are", but I can't say for sure, since most of the recent games scum have won or forfeited before the dull 1-2 scum vs 3-5 town days.

Or we wait until they're modkilled or replaced. I see no reason why we should waste our lynches on inactives. And since the lynch is the only tool the town has against scum, I'm extremely surprised that you would even suggest this.
Modkilling even just one player screws with the setup - imagine what modkilling 5 players will do. Inactives screw with the town's ability to scumhunt, but the extra kills and loss of roles caused by modkilling unbalances the setup dramatically. I think that lynching inactives does the mods a favour.

But the main thing is, is there a better option? Until scattered's recent post, I have mostly felt like I'm shooting in the dark. When I reread most pages of Day 1 (until I got bored), I couldn't find anything decently scummy without actually forcing (i.e. tunneling) that player as scummy. I mean, Camo's play that Day was odd - I can normally vaguely follow his voting patterns - but my read has adjusted since this Day. The problem is that I've got a neutral or uncertain read on 7 of the 12 alive players (excluding me)... until scattered, I don't think there has been a better option than lynching an inactive.

Inactivity is a problem, sure. So is having players that literally post the same thing 8 times in a row.
Agreed here, let's not have anymore octdruple posting. >.>

I am trying just like you, bb. I simply have nothing to ask at the moment. If I had to put my vote right now on someone, I would probably go for either Jabberwock or PMJ.
Jabberwock for appearing on the list, tunneling KX (and for the info on KX' alignment), and PMJ for all the little scummy things I noticed about him, as well as the redirection stuff, which fits scummy PMJ, since I remember him being playing risky when he and I were scums together.

Hmmm... what are these scummy things about PMJ you are talking about, not related to this redirection thing?

I don't think you guys understand. This game is unplayable in the current state. Basically only four people are playing amongst themselves. We have no choice but to inactive purge. I can definitely find scum tells from current posts but acting on them is going to end in a very linear manner with so many inactives. We can't play the game right now. If every single inactive member is town then we've already lost. We aren't playing Mafia at this point.

I disagree with voting an inactive. We're pressed for info as it is, why make it harder on ourselves lynching someone where the only info we'll get is a role flip? I find it statistically impossible that all the scum are in the inactive half of the players so what's with the fear of lynching an active player if sufficient proof can be obtained on them?

I'm still pondering on how likely PMJ's claim is that he had nothing to do with the redirection. If it's a Lightning Rod, then I wonder why the nightkill wasn't redirected to him too (unless it's a separate mechanic like the previous game).

Basically, if a player is going to be modkilled regardless, why should we lynch them?

Modkilling even just one player screws with the setup - imagine what modkilling 5 players will do. Inactives screw with the town's ability to scumhunt, but the extra kills and loss of roles caused by modkilling unbalances the setup dramatically. I think that lynching inactives does the mods a favour.
I don't understand this. There's nothing we can do to prevent inactives from modkill. Lynching them certainly doesn't. It isn't my problem that we lose 5 inactive town in one fell swoop. It is, however, my problem when the town itself wants to get rid of 5 town by wasting their only offense to do so.

I don't think you guys understand. This game is unplayable in the current state. Basically only four people are playing amongst themselves. We have no choice but to inactive purge. I can definitely find scum tells from current posts but acting on them is going to end in a very linear manner with so many inactives. We can't play the game right now. If every single inactive member is town then we've already lost. We aren't playing Mafia at this point.
Can't help you there. Probability states that our inactives are town. All of them, if not most of them. But that just means we need to hit scum all the more now, so we aren't at such a disadvantage when they eventually pop off. If we lynch one inactive today, and the others are modkilled, what good did our lynch do?

Ok you know what since none of you want to lynch inactives I'll be flying under the radar for the next couple of days. Don't mind me I'm just going to be going for the posting minimum.

The fact that you are posting like you think our inactives are town doesn't look good. When all 5 are mod killed we lose anyways.

##VOTE: Camoclone

This is all anti-town behavior. Pushing town lynches, then as soon as it looks like it won't work you try to take off.

Day 3 vote count as of post 459:

Camoclone: 4 (bbninjas, GM Draclord, Luispipe8, Keeper of Night)
Ice Espeon: 2 (Camoclone, bbninjas, PMJ)
PMJ: 1 (Jabberwock)
Scattered Mind: 1 (bbninjas)

@Camoclone is at L-2.

The following players have yet to meet the five-post requirement and are in danger of being subbed out if the day were to end right now:

@Ice Espeon (0)
@Luispipe8 (1)
@Skyleaf2000 (2)
@GM DracLord (3)
@scattered mind (4)

Day 3 ends August 16th, 2016, at 12:00 PM PST. Majority is six to lynch.

As you were.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back